ADVERTISEMENT

***DUKE VS SYRACUSE ACC QUARTERS OFFICIAL GAMEDAY THREAD***

Yup we’re definitely going to lose this game. They allowed Syracuse to get back in the game by chucking up 3s and now no idea what to do. Most infuriating Duke squad I’ve ever seen. We kicked their ass the last two meetings and decided to refuse to win the same way we beat them.

Reactions: jeffrey236
Out coached, Out played, Out hustled, Out toughed….

Gave up 40 to a team without their best player…

This seasons almost over this Duke team has regressed like most Duke teams since November.

We don’t improve or develop anything…..We only get worse.

Yup we’re definitely going to lose this game. They allowed Syracuse to get back in the game by chucking up 3s and now no idea what to do. Most infuriating Duke squad I’ve ever seen. We kicked their ass the last two meetings and decided to refuse to win the same way we beat them.
Well Einstein, a triangle and 2 is a bit different than 2-3 zone....

Thank God K is retiring. So tired of this one and done garbage. It worked the first year because there was a balance of older leadership and also the star freshman on that team were more mature beyond their years, especially Tyus Jones.

The one and done product is terrible, and we're on year six of it. Long gone are the years of Battier, Brand, Williams, Redick who wanted to be here and get developed for four years and winning a National Title was something they strived for and meant the world to them. These guys couldn't be bothered, it's just onto the NBA.

Reactions: ioliva
Thank God K is retiring. So tired of this one and done garbage. It worked the first year because there was a balance of older leadership and also the star freshman on that team were more mature beyond their years, especially Tyus Jones.

The one and done product is terrible, and we're on year six of it. Long gone are the years of Battier, Brand, Williams, Redick who wanted to be here and get developed for four years and winning a National Title was something they strived for and meant the world to them. These guys couldn't be bothered, it's just onto the NBA.
Only way the one and done stops is if Scheyer is a terrible coach and they don’t want to come…

This game reminds me of the Tatum kennard team where South Carolina couldn’t hit a shot if there life counted on it and instead of massacring then we kept shootings 3s and went in with a lousy 10 point lead. South Carolina was able to stay in, played with emotion and kicked our butts. Today Syracuse isn’t amazing on defense but we’re lazy and are acting like we forgot how to score down low.

Ridiculous.. Passive on D, and not getting ball to a WIDE OPEN Mark on offense.
It's up to K to adjust because the 3's are not falling! OFC

Boeheim has turned this into a 3-pt shooting contest, which even without Buddy, they’re better than we are. I get they’re packing the lane, but when we’ve gotten it in there, they kick it out. With the much taller team, we should, if nothing else, have every guy on their team in foul trouble.

Reactions: Mac9192
They look beaten and just worn out. Thinking NBA and all that $$$. Team has no fight. Not even sure who the leader of the team is at this point.

Reactions: youngman42
9 threes for Moore and 5 for Roach. Scheyer might want to start giving K some coaching suggestions.
If this team has heart and pride it is time to show it. I would tell PB if he shoots another 3 he is going to the bench. What’s he going to do….go to the NBA?

Well Einstein, a triangle and 2 is a bit different than 2-3 zone....
No sh sherlock. They didn’t run the triangle the entire game though. We’ve gotten the ball down low as well a ton and get scared fumble the ball don’t know what to do take your pick .
Now we’re going inside and it’s paying dividend with better shots and Syracuse fouling but if Syracuse keeps up the fire idk if we can catch up

I mean if that doesn’t show our heads are not in it I don’t know what does…simple pass to the corner we and one hand it out of bounds….they should all be benched.

No sh sherlock. They didn’t run the triangle the entire game though. We’ve gotten the ball down low as well a ton and get scared fumble the ball don’t know what to do take your pick .
Now we’re going inside and it’s paying dividend with better shots and Syracuse fouling but if Syracuse keeps up the fire idk if we can catch up
They only ran it 75% of the time. All good, you thought things were the same.

• Haha
Reactions: ioliva
Wendell and banch can’t turn it over like that if we want to come back. Just awful plays.

Remember several years ago when Duke's offensive strategy included players moving around?

Reactions: duke4life831
We have about five minutes to get into this thing or it’s gonna be but hole pucker time.

It’s almost like they don’t want to be there. It’s mind boggling.

Remember several years ago when Duke's offensive strategy included players moving around?
2010 was the last time I thought we ran actually amazing offensive sets and made an actual adjustment on D…

I still remember Scheyer running around little curls for easy shots.

Does anyone watching this think we are legit title contenders? We are more closely a first weekend out.

No way. Assuming they win their first game, their second round matchup is going to give them fits. No matter who it is.

Moore: 10 3pt attempts
Keels: 5 3pt attempts
Roach: 5 3pt attempts
Paolo: 4 3pt attempts

AJ: 3 total FGAs

Ya that's not smart offense

Chance to make a run and we jack up two terrible threes…

This team is just dumb.

Up four chance to run some offense and go up six or seven jack a three and it turns into a three on the other end for Syracuse

Lol another three in transition…can’t make this shit up.

It’s like we get the lead and the ball playing disciplined then it’s like hey let’s do something really stupid now to keep the game close.

The way they are shooting you don’t want it close at the end it’s probably going in.

Banchero just can’t shoot for anything. He should just play the post. He thinks he has better than he is.

K has so little flexibility in these areas. He should put Banchero on the bench for Griffin. See what happens.

Cuse knows Banchero can’t shoot and that’s why nobody guards him when he’s standing outside. Why doesn’t K tell him to go down into the low post? Just do a double low post.

I have zero confidence in us running good offense down the stretch of a close game…zero

Stay on the shooter.

Duke D: collapse at all costs.

Duke needs to score every possession here on out as they can’t stop Cuse.

Hopefully Coach K draws up a defense that guards a shooter here 😂

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT