ADVERTISEMENT

***DUKE VS NORTH CAROLINA OFFICIAL GAMEDAY THREAD***

Defense has been on a decline the past 3-4 games. This hopefully gets their attention. Zions ability to cover the whole floor would have helped a ton though

Let's get a couple of things out of the way. Refs did NOT cost us the game. I think there were some terrible calls, but it definitely did not come down to that. Losing a player of Zion's value is terrible. But Duke isn't a one man team, never has never will. We needed to step up when he went down, but we did the opposite. Got shell shocked and never recovered.

UNC played well. A comeback is a two team dance. One team has to play extraordinarily well, and the other team has to do their part by making stupid mistakes. We flustered Louisville when we comeback, it didn't happen with UNC. Nor should we expect that to happen. We can't go down by 22 points in the second half and expect to comeback everytime.

Paint defense was just terrible. No excuse for it. You know what UNC wants to do and we couldn't stop it. Our offense was largely uninspired. Took a million threes and didn't set anything up. We have to be better than that. Let's pray for Zion and give UNC their credit. Try to put this one behind us and move on.

You don’t wish injury on people my guy. Just can’t cross that line.
So have me banned what can I tell ya. I’m gonna lose sleep tonight anyways like I do after a lose. Plus I’ll have a few bucks a month

Hyped up all day and then this. Dang! Oh well, the sun will come up tomorrow. Everyone put Zion and the rest of these kids in your prayers.

Reactions: OldasdirtDevil
Kudos to UNC. They played well and beat Duke in every aspect of the game.

I hope Zion is OK. I hate it for someone that obviously loves playing at Duke.

Now, it’s time for ShoeGate to begin.

You also have a page long post on another board about why this team can't and won't win it all....why do you even watch??????

I responded to that, I assume you missed it.... Long story short: The “I’ll tell you exactly why don’t won’t win it all” yada yada beginning paragraph was mockery of a Louisville fan’s comments. The rest of the reply was in response to everyone’s comments about our shooting.

If you’re interested in the detailed version, it’s in the NC State game conversation.

I responded to that, I assume you missed it.... Long story short: The “I’ll tell you exactly why don’t won’t win it all” yada yada beginning paragraph was mockery of a Louisville fan’s comments. The rest of the reply was in response to everyone’s comments about our shooting.

If you’re interested in the detailed version, it’s in the NC State game conversation.

Not interested

Seriously though, all bs aside.. what happened to our Defense?

I understand the first half.. shock from the Zion loss. But the 2nd half wasn't any better.

Anyone who knows the xs and os give some more detail?

Let me find out you’re not even a fan?!

Adam Schefter says torn ACL and season over. Isn’t he a football guy?? What are his sources here? Please someone tell me different

The result is disappointing, and there are some things we can improve on. I hope zion is ok and I hated that this game got taken away from him by a faulty shoe. It had an effect on the team but they never gave up. They continued to fight and show heart but uncheat took care of business and got quite a few bounces to go their way tonight. If Zion is out for the year we still have a team to support because not all is lost. We have to adopt the next play mentality after tonight and move on to Syracuse for some revenge!

Reactions: dukesince91
Let's get a couple of things out of the way. Refs did NOT cost us the game. I think there were some terrible calls, but it definitely did not come down to that. Losing a player of Zion's value is terrible. But Duke isn't a one man team, never has never will. We needed to step up when he went down, but we did the opposite. Got shell shocked and never recovered.

UNC played well. A comeback is a two team dance. One team has to play extraordinarily well, and the other team has to do their part by making stupid mistakes. We flustered Louisville when we comeback, it didn't happen with UNC. Nor should we expect that to happen. We can't go down by 22 points in the second half and expect to comeback everytime.

Paint defense was just terrible. No excuse for it. You know what UNC wants to do and we couldn't stop it. Our offense was largely uninspired. Took a million threes and didn't set anything up. We have to be better than that. Let's pray for Zion and give UNC their credit. Try to put this one behind us and move on.

You’re right on the refs. The rest of your post I pretty much disagree with, though....besides the fact that UNC played very well.

You saying ‘we’ needed to step up is easier said than done. In the next game? The rest of the season? Yes, we do. But there’s a psychological edge that’s lost when your best player goes down like that.

I won’t say we lost solely because of no Zion, because it’s untrue. But we lost our mojo 30 seconds in. If you watched one of your brothers or best friends go down like that, do you feel you could take that out of the memory bank and just go on? I find it doubtful.

Now it’s time to start with the adjustments. The shock is still going to be real, but there’s also going to be a reality.

Reactions: dukesince91
Not looking forward to Saturday, a game I’ll be at. We’ll have time to prepare and gameplan, but I now see visions of their 6’8 guards, all 12 of them, burying shot after shot against our defense, again.

0-1 Bolden took 1 shot, 1-11 from Tre our PG and zero FT's...where were the drives? The stats do tell the story....we settled for outside shots, not our strength and paid the price. We have to get an identity..and it isnt a 3 heavy team..but our inside game looks weak too. Without Zion its just worse. 3-15 from the bench...all 3 from Javin. Its woeful reading. Time to take a serious look and the staff need to focus on who we are meant to be.

Let me find out you’re not even a fan?!

Lol - Louisville fan had said Duke won’t win it all blah blah blah, I *SARCASTICALLY* mocked him on a different thread. Duke fan saw it and there was a blow up about it on this board. You can make your own opinion about it.

Why are you even so defensive about the injury comment? Not a big deal dude, just simply something you don’t wish on people. If you didn’t mean it, it’s cool. Anger gets the best of us all sometimes.

Seriously though, all bs aside.. what happened to our Defense?

I understand the first half.. shock from the Zion loss. But the 2nd half wasn't any better.

Anyone who knows the xs and os give some more detail?

You think the Zion shock wore off by the second half? Well, it didn’t.

We went through the motions and UNC pinched our kids in the mouth.

Duke is not a strong offensive team especially without Zion. Tre is definitely not close to Tyus on the offensive side of the court and we desperately need for him to be. Great defender but man he can’t shoot the three

Reactions: PatrickYates
Lol - Louisville fan had said Duke won’t win it all blah blah blah, I *SARCASTICALLY* mocked him on a different thread. Duke fan saw it and there was a blow up about it on this board. You can make your own opinion about it.

Why are you even so defensive about the injury comment? Not a big deal dude, just simply something you don’t wish on people. If you didn’t mean it, it’s cool. Anger gets the best of us all sometimes.
Angry and devestated tonight bro. No hard feelings I hope

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT