ADVERTISEMENT

***DUKE VS MICHIGAN STATE NCAA TOURNEY 2ND ROUND OFFICIAL GAMEDAY THREAD***

He's(AJ) definitely jumping up and down in the locker room. I couldn't find the DBR quote that K said he would play. My bad if I'm wrong. Thought I read it somewhere. But if he's jumping up and down in the locker room I imagine it's not sprained.

I still want to know why a Big 10 ref was on the game. And I'd they are going to do that, give us Wymer and not horsesh!t Boroski...

Reactions: The_Only_Blue
Can some one answer this for me?
How are teams who played Saturday playing Friday and teams play on Sunday play Thursday ?

Can some one answer this for me?
How are teams who played Saturday playing Friday and teams play on Sunday play Thursday ?
Right! I just knew we’d still be on a Friday/Sunday schedule, but I guess (for fairness) since we had an extra day of practice for rounds 1 and 2, the other teams get an extra day for sweet 16/elite 8.

Yes regionals are set in advance so you are going to run into every year Thursday Saturday first weekend laying Friday Sunday next weekend and vice versa.

Let's talk about how the top four seeds in the women's tournament play at home the first weekend but we have this horsesh!t travel excuse for the pods and not a straight 1-68 s-curve in the men's game. Two conference teams meet in round 1? Well ok.

Reactions: The_Only_Blue
99 is my favorite team, despite no title. Brand was a monster. Battier and Carrawell on the wings, Langdon and Avery at guards. Oh and maggette. Still mad we lost.

So I see we play Thursday.. serious question have we ever won a sweet 16 game on a Thursday? I can just remember Ls
-16 Oregon
-11 Arizona
- 09 Nova
-06 LSU
-03 Kansas
-02 Indiana

01 may have been a Thursday but I don’t remember! Weird stats honestly at least 6 straight Ls on Thursday 3rd round games compared to 6-1 on Friday nights in the same time span with only 05 sparty beating us

Reactions: Quavarius
So I see we play Thursday.. serious question have we ever won a sweet 16 game on a Thursday? I can just remember Ls
-16 Oregon
-11 Arizona
- 09 Nova
-06 LSU
-03 Kansas
-02 Indiana

01 may have been a Thursday but I don’t remember! Weird stats honestly at least 6 straight Ls on Thursday 3rd round games compared to 6-1 on Friday nights in the same time span with only 05 sparty beating us
Not only that, but K has never went passed the sweet sixteen in a West regional. I hate playing the late game on a Thursday on the West coast.

Woke up this morning, realized we did indeed win and advance, breathed a sigh of relief.......and finally let myself have a good laugh about Kentucky losing!! :)

Yesterday's win reminded me of those three road wins late in ACC play. We hung tough, and when we needed an answer late in the game players stepped up offensively and defensively. Izzo had his team ready to play as I knew he would. Frankly if they weren't raining threes for 30 minutes we would have coasted to a 15+ point win. One game at a time. Texas Tech is beatable. ND gave them a run for their money. We just need to take care of business.

99 is my favorite team, despite no title. Brand was a monster. Battier and Carrawell on the wings, Langdon and Avery at guards. Oh and maggette. Still mad we lost.
‘99 loss, next day my boss sent me home in car service and said seriously “stay away from the bridges” meaning don’t jump. I worked in Manhattan. Wasn’t myself for weeks.

How about a shout out to Theo John who I haven't seen mentioned here? I know he didn't play big minutes, but I thought his two offensive rebounds in the second half were huge. I thought he bodied up well on defense. Love this kid. He plays his part and brings a toughness that this team needs!

We will need his strength against TT.

How about a shout out to Theo John who I haven't seen mentioned here? I know he didn't play big minutes, but I thought his two offensive rebounds in the second half were huge. I thought he bodied up well on defense. Love this kid. He plays his part and brings a toughness that this team needs!

We will need his strength against TT.
I’ve always love his addition to the team. He’s got a much needed swag about him

Theo brings a toughness that does not always show up in the box score. And defense. If we played Jones at the 5 there would be a bigger drop off. And he sets a mean screen on offense.

-16 Oregon
-11 Arizona
- 09 Nova
-06 LSU
-03 Kansas
-02 Indiana

01 we beat UCLA on a Thursday. 92 we beat Seton Hall on a Thursday

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT