ADVERTISEMENT

***DUKE VS INDIANA OFFICIAL GAMEDAY THREAD***

He’s the creepy uncle at Christmas that just doesn’t leave....but when he does, people can finally have a good time.

He could win $100 million in the lottery and spend the whole next day bitching about the $45 million it cost him in taxes.
Lol..Did you like the defense? Could it not have been adjusted? Three jumpers really...shouldn’t have been close...

Make fun all you want...K didn’t adjust and Almost cost them the game..

How could you not? She was bewitching.

Oh man, I missed it! Am I just getting old (wait a minute, I am), or is it that I'm such a dedicated, and focused fan that I blocked out the distraction? Yeah, I'm going with that.

OFC

Love this squad, and love having big men!!![/QUOTE]
That's what she said. I'm just giddy right now. Great win.

Reactions: Mac9192
Oh man, I missed it! Am I just getting old (wait a minute, I am), or is it that I'm such a dedicated, and focused fan that I blocked out the distraction? Yeah, I'm going with that.

OFC
It was after game when Scott VanPelt was on..she was jamming behind him..

Reactions: OldasdirtDevil
Great win! Team continues to impress!!! D needs addressed. Their fight tells me it's only a matter of time for the D to come around.

Love this squad, and love having big men!!!
I love this team too! They are so much fun to watch while at the same time I believe I have aged into my 40’s watching them:Dbecause of the games being so tense

How about this POS from Rupp Rafters....

LineSkiCat14All-SEC
Just gotta hope for bad luck, K health problems, Allen issues, and injuries.

But I said this.. I said this multiple times the last few months and a few of the more crotchety posters had a shit fit over it.. But you had about 4 or 5 unusual things working against Duke last year, and that's what really cost them. It cost them a #1 seed, it cost them their coach for a few weeks, it relegated their best player to being a borderline 4-star, shell of his former self.

That team was probably going to get walked to a title otherwise. Thank God for those injuries and an angry USCjr team..

But this years team, so far, has none of that. Not good.

^^^ It's pretty flattering how bothered they are. Though I could do without the whole wishing-death-and-misery-on-people-because-of-a-basketball-game part. And they do game threads for all of our games? Classic!

Last edited:
Here is a stat I am loving...
Last 3 gams, Bags from the free throw line is 22-29 for 76%.
If he can keep that up or even close to it, that's going to be huge in close games.

Reactions: diehardDUKIEnKY
How about this POS from Rupp Rafters....

LineSkiCat14All-SEC
Just gotta hope for bad luck, K health problems, Allen issues, and injuries.

But I said this.. I said this multiple times the last few months and a few of the more crotchety posters had a shit fit over it.. But you had about 4 or 5 unusual things working against Duke last year, and that's what really cost them. It cost them a #1 seed, it cost them their coach for a few weeks, it relegated their best player to being a borderline 4-star, shell of his former self.

That team was probably going to get walked to a title otherwise. Thank God for those injuries and an angry USCjr team..

But this years team, so far, has none of that. Not good.

I have two words for "them"......I just said one of them

I have 2 questions. 1) I know exhibitor game wins/losses don’t count toward season records but do player stats in those games count toward their career stats? 2) Who holds the Duke freshman record for points in a season? I’m asking because so far Bagley has 201 points through 9 games

I am not positive, but since the exhibition games do not count, I would think the stats do not count either?

As far as what freshman has scored the most points in a season, I searched, but could not find a definitive answer, what I did find was that Jabari averaged a little over 19 per game, and Jahlil averaged a little over 18 per game. I am betting one of those two is your answer. But I do not know how many total points they scored.

Exhibitions don’t count for anything.

I know there are things this team needs to work on, but when do we draw the line for “hey guys, temper your expectations it’s just November” and “this team just can’t get it right, it’s already November?”

This team has some kind of fight and some kind of poise to it. On the road, raucous environment, i watched Duval calmly bring up the all, do an around the back dribble, completely unnecessary just showing off his dribbling chops. I’m like wow this kid is calm as can be. Bagely, gets the ball, Trent who’s missed every single shot nearly cuts to the basket gets the pass, hoop and one, knocks it down and ballgame. Trent doesn’t let his poor shooting dictate his game. Remarkably mature.

Grayson, wow. Dude is quickly becoming one of the most clutch guys in program history.

So has Coach K decided to go with a true 8 man rotation? The bench doesn't score much but gives defense, rebounding, intensity and doesn't make mistakes. I notice the other team wearing down in the last 5 minutes when our defensive intensity increases. It's a nice routine that I'd like to see 31 more times!

So has Coach K decided to go with a true 8 man rotation? The bench doesn't score much but gives defense, rebounding, intensity and doesn't make mistakes. I notice the other team wearing down in the last 5 minutes when our defensive intensity increases. It's a nice routine that I'd like to see 31 more times!

Yes, I think if we avoid injury then our rotation is pretty much set. Hopefully in three of the next four games some kids like Goldwire, Vrank, White and even Tucker can find a little burn. Besides the Boston College game on the road December 9th, the others 'should' be an opportunity for some 'easy' wins and a bit of rest for the guys logging heavy minutes. I usually hate December as a Duke basketball fan because of the lack of games, but I'm looking forward to it this year. These guys have earned a little time off, IMO. The only worry you can have is being complacent and losing an edge....with this group it doesn't seem like that big of a deal, though.

Also wanted to give a shout to O'Connell. He didn't get a lot of minutes, but he made the most of them. I've been very pleasantly surprised by him.

He, Bolden, and Javin have been just what we need.

Exhibitions don’t count for anything.

I know there are things this team needs to work on, but when do we draw the line for “hey guys, temper your expectations it’s just November” and “this team just can’t get it right, it’s already November?”
I figured they didn’t but wasn’t sure if players stats counted toward their career stats

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT