ADVERTISEMENT

Duke in 2022

youngman42

Devils Illustrated Hall of Famer
Jan 27, 2003
In spite of several losses to the NBA and graduation, Duke looks really deep.

I think Scheyer will have to forge his own path. And play a deeper team than K did. There are a number of transfers. If we want some more transfers in years to come those players can’t just sit the bench 24/7.

But I also like some of the older, physical veteran presence that may help toughen up some of the younger star players so that when they hit the late season ACC and the NCAA tourney they will be a bit more hardened. That said how great is it to be able to go to Duke as a grad transfer and likely get an NIL deal as well as a Duke graduate degree?

I think Scheyer will have to forge his own path. And play a deeper team than K did. There are a number of transfers. If we want some more transfers in years to come those players can’t just sit the bench 24/7.

But I also like some of the older, physical veteran presence that may help toughen up some of the younger star players so that when they hit the late season ACC and the NCAA tourney they will be a bit more hardened. That said how great is it to be able to go to Duke as a grad transfer and likely get an NIL deal as well as a Duke graduate degree?
Haven’t really seen what players are making off Duke with NIL but I know Miami players are killing it .
As for the rest . I agree

100% agree...kids are gonna have to see transfers play...based off of last season, Theo John got quality time for what he was here to do....this season, all eyes will be on Grandison and Young's usage and probably more so Grandison

I think that it will be a solid 8 man rotation with Grandison and Young playing big roles. Not sure it will go any deeper than that in tough games.

I'm no coach, and I am not going to second guess K, but it would frustrate me to see the same 6-7 man rotation every game, even in 20+ point wins only to hear the excuse that the players were "tired" when we lost a tight game. Why not develop the 7 thru 12 guys with spot minutes in big games and bigger minutes in blowouts? I would love to see that from Jon.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT