ADVERTISEMENT

Could the Miami game be the turning point

NCDomer1

Recruit
Sep 23, 2005
A monstrous win on Saturday could be the turning point for JS and this version of a very young Duke team . If Duke would have lost than it puts them in the middle of the ACC pack and down to 9 seed as well as a huge confidence builder beating a very good Miami team, other than the cheats twice it looks like their second half of the schedule lightens up a little bit. Keep in mind two of Duke’s losses come from top five teams.

Reactions: christophero
Yes, but that could be undone by a loss tomm. VT has lost 7 in a row so we need to get that road win. We play Virginia, NC twice, at Syracuse so I'm not sure the schedule lightens up. If we win the next 2 we are in pretty good shape for the stretch run, and we have a junior captain point guard back. They nearly beat Clemson yesterday. I think we come out with a W, but better Duke teams have left VT with a L. Proctor and Lively being thrown into the fire seems to be paying off.

Last edited:
Reactions: bleediteveryday30
Lightens up? No disrespect, but where? I don't see any easy games, save for Louisville.
At GT.

This team needs to find time to gel with people healthy. In the short term it sucked, but if Roach getting hurt grows this team with Proctor at the one and Roach at the two...

Okay, Duke plays ND, FSU, the vile, NC State at home, Syracuse not exactly playing against Purdue or Kansas

State has already smacked us by 26 and Wake by 11. We have Wake, State, ND, Louisville, VT, @Miami, @VT, twice against the holes, @Cuse, and @UVA. We don't play FSU again. All five of our road games are in challenging places to play. But yeah, it will "lighten" up.

No. I’m not a firm believer in this team. If they make the tourney I see no more than a 2nd round. If they’re playing out of their minds maybe a sweet 16, but I doubt that’s happening.
Sadly I agree Fourteen. I love this team, but it lacks the ability to put an opponent away.Yesterday was a prime example. The game was not over til the U officially missed a 3 quarter court shot. Ditto BC, as they barely missed a half court shot to seal the game.

Clemson was a giveaway. Pitt was the only game of late I really felt good about a solid half of hoops from Duke in recent weeks. Our road show needs a win (like VT, GT)

This Duke team has shown it can lose to anyone in the tournament. We almost lost to BC for God's sake. We got smoked by 2 bubble teams Wake and NC State. There is time to improve but unless the tournament is in Cameron I wouldn't expect a deep run. That said, a healthy Roach gives me some hope. If we get Good Roach we are a top 16ish type team. Tomorrow is a nice test to see if we are actually improving.

Last edited:
This is comical . Each game now shows if we are improving ? The Miami game showed that much . Point in general . Duke needs to win at VT. Needs to beat Wake and State at home ( Smith might be out a while ) . Needs road wins and needs a split with UNC . The Virginia game will be the last ranked opponent Duke see’s until the ACC tourney where hopefully they get a rematch with Clemson.
Still need Roach not to disappear in games and play like he did at Miami . Roach played during Dukes losses as well . It would have been better if he sat out for the committee.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT