ADVERTISEMENT

What do you do for a living?

Gospel preacher at the Center Road Church of Christ in Saginaw, Michigan. As rewarding of a work as I could ask for, love every second of it.

That said, I desperately miss my home of Davidson County, NC. Food up here doesn't compare and their idea of BBQ is trash.

Gospel preacher at the Center Road Church of Christ in Saginaw, Michigan. As rewarding of a work as I could ask for, love every second of it.

That said, I desperately miss my home of Davidson County, NC. Food up here doesn't compare and their idea of BBQ is trash.

Amen. OFC

Retired Army Airborne soldier. Spent about 6 years doing overseas contract work for State Department. Ga State Trooper for about 1.5 years. Now I'm just relaxing at home trying to enjoy retirement for a change.

Overseas contract work...?

This sort of thing?

847bf4db4af1cb131ba1fe1a1d64b28c.jpg

Overseas contract work...?

This sort of thing?

847bf4db4af1cb131ba1fe1a1d64b28c.jpg
Some what. Was part of a team that taught the course in Montross and Alton va. These guys are most likely PSD(Personal Security Detail) guys. A lot of my overseas was in the capacity of an Instructor. Started out in Monrovia, Liberia (West Africa), did security work in Iraq, and taught security to Third County Nationals in Amman, Jordan.

Yeah... got a very good buddy who was in the marines for years... then did similar work. I was always... well, I was always a touch fascinated when his photos from his contract work looked nearly identical to his photos from his service... that a private individual can be outfitted like a soldier can sometimes be a bit surprising, you know? Glad you made it out of those places, though, and thanks for your service!

Yeah... got a very good buddy who was in the marines for years... then did similar work. I was always... well, I was always a touch fascinated when his photos from his contract work looked nearly identical to his photos from his service... that a private individual can be outfitted like a soldier can sometimes be a bit surprising, you know? Glad you made it out of those places, though, and thanks for your service!
You are so right. Private contractors sometimes, based on their jobs are outfitted with some of the same equipment to do their jobs. We were never short of weapons, that's for sure lol. But with theses companies we worked for had some serious deep pockets. They pay was unbelievable.

Any advice or recommendations?
Yes. Ask can you do a walk through of the classes offered in your area. A lot only give you a look at the difference in AC and D.C. Voltage and some blue prints and layouts. Robotics is a great field because a lot of the manufacturers are going into that on production lines. I truly enjoy doing electrical commercial work and you meet a lot of contractors so you network a lot.

If you like building things or redoing self projects in your home believe it or not a lot of that ties into electrical work.

Reactions: BlackKnightNut

Davidson County only has one good BBQ place IMO.

General Counsel for Top 25 Solar Energy Firm in US. Specializing in Engineering, Procurement and Construction Contracts as well as Project Finance (Tax Equity Finance / Power Purchase Agreements / Partnerships).

Not all of us were born with taste! Though if your answer is Kerley's bbq, i'd forgive you!

:p:p:p:p:p:p
Kerley's is very good indeed. That's the one.

Don't get me wrong, I go to Little Richard's up here in North Davidson quite a bit and enjoy myself. It's just not in the upper echelon of slow cooked meat.

General Counsel for Top 25 Solar Energy Firm in US. Specializing in Engineering, Procurement and Construction Contracts as well as Project Finance (Tax Equity Finance / Power Purchase Agreements / Partnerships).

This is what I like about this thread. It goes from a guy like me who keeps score for the rec teams in his home town to what Voldukie does. How diverse is that and how awesome is it that we can all have Duke in common. OFC

Not me. That's the umpire and refs problem. I just sit back and watch grown ups make fools of themselves in front of their kids. OFC
Yeah Sky, one of the best lines I love to hear is in baseball. The coach stands there from the 3rd base box, and all red faced, vein popping out of his neck, and yells "RELAX!!!" to his batter.

Little Richards has some pretty dang good food, but I don't go there for BBQ, so I don't blame you there.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT