ADVERTISEMENT

What do you do for a living?

Good stuff, man. Love that story. Any photos of interesting work?
I used to keep all my photos on my iPhone 5c however it was stolen and I never backed it up. I'm working on a Winchester now that was destroyed will try and post the before and after pics.
It's another grandfather gun that the receiver was broke( and I literally mean broke in two). I've about got it ready for bluing and I've redone the stock and forehand grip in a dark oak finish. Haven't finished because they only brought me half the guts and have been having to piece them together from different sellers ( I try to save people as much money as possible).
Show, try gunbroker for the python they usually have good( won't say great) deals.

Reactions: skysdad
Hey Pisgah, is it true that Ipsychosis is a librarian?

Hahahaha I would love to know. Where the heck is he btw???

I work for myself on different levels, worked with my dad since I was a kid making and selling poplar Bark siding and my brother and I branched off this year and started a custom furniture business..
:D

Last edited:
It's the time of year where we've just run out of things to talk about. We know what everyone's favorite color of socks are, the starting lineup and rotation have already been decided, and folks have jockeyed for political positions. So now we get this thread.

Always one of my favorites every year with so many new posters joining us....what the heck do you do for a living? It's fun, and about six or seven years ago I even made a business connection through this thread.

Post away and let us know. I'll chime in later.
Vice President of Human Resources for a large manufacturing company.

I used to keep all my photos on my iPhone 5c however it was stolen and I never backed it up. I'm working on a Winchester now that was destroyed will try and post the before and after pics.
It's another grandfather gun that the receiver was broke( and I literally mean broke in two). I've about got it ready for bluing and I've redone the stock and forehand grip in a dark oak finish. Haven't finished because they only brought me half the guts and have been having to piece them together from different sellers ( I try to save people as much money as possible).
Show, try gunbroker for the python they usually have good( won't say great) deals.

Please do!

What I do for a living:

Director of Senior Services - This includes a home delivered meals program, in home aide program, fund raising for two private foundations, respite care for caregivers benefit, a senior center and many other programs.

Pastor at a rural Presbyterian Church.

Special education teacher, small outdoor business owner, and very part time in sports media.

I like that comment above "professional fantasy sports player" lol! I guess I'm still at the amateur fantasy sports player lol!

Please do!
Whats your manufacturer of choice? Mine is Springfield. I want their new saint model AR it would be my sixth AR I'm currently building a custom one I plan to sale soon as my lower gets back from mad dog customs and I will post it.

Whats your manufacturer of choice? Mine is Springfield. I want their new saint model AR it would be my sixth AR I'm currently building a custom one I plan to sale soon as my lower gets back from mad dog customs and I will post it.

Victoria Tower?:) I really only do older weapons... Revolution up through Civil War! Modern guns, I don't know that well, although I enjoy blasting away whenever possible!

Hahahaha I would love to know. Where the heck is he btw???

I work for myself on different levels, worked with my dad since I was a kid making and selling poplar Bark siding and my brother and I branched off this year and started a custom furniture business.. visit my website at www.messercustoms.com
:D

What are the prices for the end tables and the table set? Just moved into a new house that needs to be furnished. I think the missus might be interested in some of these pieces if it's within our budget.

That's awesome! We do actually. Most of us prefer it over the hydraulic tool we currently use called the Hydra-Ram. Some units still carry the Rabbit though and it's been more reliable in the heat of battle, no pun intended.

This entire conversation is MUCH more entertaining if you imagine that you are talking about the Rabbit vibrator and not the fire tool. Just FYI.

That's awesome! We do actually. Most of us prefer it over the hydraulic tool we currently use called the Hydra-Ram. Some units still carry the Rabbit though and it's been more reliable in the heat of battle, no pun intended.

Awesome! He was based in PG County MD and his nickname was Rabbit. Much props to you - thank you for what you do!

Reactions: dukehokie
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT