ADVERTISEMENT

What do you do for a living?

What does Gary7 do? And I'd pay top dollar to know what Steat does. Mr. Cleo, perhaps?

guru gary -7 analyzes top prep recruits for a major sports network. He can't reveal who he actually works for but it's probably the top sports network out there without naming it. His real name is not guru gary -7 but he is famous and all of you will be shocked as to who he really is. He is at all the McDonald All-American games and at all the 5 star recruits games along with all the top coaches in the country. All the coaches know him but really don't know who he is but all of them ask his opinion on the talent these 5 star players have.

As to dr. steat he is one of the most respected members of congress and is expected to make a run for the presidency of The United States of America. It's either that or he is one of the most renounced psychiatrist in the world. I just can't figure it out. I'm feel pretty sure he was the thr post that diagnosed me a long time ago as being a mental midget. OFC

I own a tire and automotive repair shop in a small town about an hour south of Greensboro, NC. Started work for the original owner in 01 and worked for him learning how to run it before buying it in 04. I really enjoy dealing with people and earning their trust. As anyone knows, the field I'm in is known for overcharging people and being a little shady.
I'm very blessed that my business has grown, and a lot of that is after years of seeing people come and go, I have a crew that makes me look good.
What town if close enough to me will drive to give a fellow Duke fan business

Reactions: skysdad
What town if close enough to me will drive to give a fellow Duke fan business
Little town called Rockwell, about 7-8 miles south of Salisbury on Hwy 52. Would shoot you my email, just let me know coach. Thanks

I'm a Hand model.

69775-george-costanza-hand-model-gif-e1z9.jpeg

Retired. Worked for Marsh Kitchens of Alamance, a part of Marsh Furniture of High Point N.C. for 16 years. Best company I ever worked for. Before that I worked for Lowes Co. for 15 years. Before that I sold life insurance and I worked for a while as a surveyor's helper and my first job at 16 was a bag boy and produce helper at at grocery store. Now I have 2 part time jobs as a score keeper for baseball,softball and basketball for the rec. dept. Also work at one of the local lakes. OFC
we lived and worked fairly close . I am also retired .

I work in software -- marketing, business development, and product management.

I have gotten to work with game development tools, to enterprise software, to online auction software, to embedded software that goes into everything from car, industrial devices, to the Mars rovers.

Blessed to have a job....blessed to have a great boss.

Shey, did you ever see my "My new toy" thread on the main national board? About the Baker rifle I got a few months back?
No, is it an original or reproduction model? I know it's a British made rifle.

No, is it an original or reproduction model? I know it's a British made rifle.

Repro... originals would be a lot harder to find, and EXPENSIVE:)

rifle.jpg

The guy I got it from was a gunsmith up in New Hampshire... had a CRAZY collection of guns.

room2.JPG

IMG_3474.JPG

IMG_3476.JPG

IMG_3477.JPG

I figure as a gunsmith you might enjoy:) You do older stuff, or modern stuff?

Reactions: skysdad and hpnole
I am currently in search of a Colt Python 357 with the 8 inch barrel in bright stainless. It's next on my wish list.

I work in sales and I sell business travel. Most people ask me what that means. People within companies travel for work, well they use a travel agency, just one that specializes in business travel. So I sell to companies looking to have a specialized travel company book their business travel.

rifle.jpg

The guy I got it from was a gunsmith up in New Hampshire... had a CRAZY collection of guns.

room2.JPG

IMG_3474.JPG

IMG_3476.JPG

IMG_3477.JPG

Beautiful collection. I do both but prefer restoring older models and bringing them back to life. I have one Thompson from the early fiftys. One early model m1 grand.
The look on family's faces when you take a loved ones weapon and restore it for them so that they can give it back to them. Priceless.

Beautiful collection. I do both but prefer restoring older models and bringing them back to life. I have one Thompson from the early fiftys. One early model m1 grand.
The look on family's faces when you take a loved ones weapon and restore it for them so that they can give it back to them. Priceless.

Fantastic! Yeah, that's pretty cool. What are some of the fun ones you've worked on? Who have you returned guns to?

A Thompson... that's balls as hell... I'd LOVE a Garand, but goddamn they are NOT cheap.

Oh, and look closely at the photo of the big room full of guns, and you'll see an RPG in the background, and the very top of a bazooka in the back corner. Nuts:)

I love the Baker so much sometimes it sits next to me when I watch TV:D

Fantastic! Yeah, that's pretty cool. What are some of the fun ones you've worked on? Who have you returned guns to?

A Thompson... that's balls as hell... I'd LOVE a Garand, but goddamn they are NOT cheap.

Oh, and look closely at the photo of the big room full of guns, and you'll see an RPG in the background, and the very top of a bazooka in the back corner. Nuts:)

I love the Baker so much sometimes it sits next to me when I watch TV:D
Lol. As far as returning guns, do you mean ones I've purchased or worked on?
The best one I've worked on and had the most fun with was a Barrett fifty cal for a big gun collector out of bladen county.
The most memorable to date was a marlin .22 nothing special but it was given to this young man by his grandfather all broke missing pieces his father brought it to me to reduc they were gonna give it back to the grandfather who at eighty still tried to hunt.
Story short grandfather passed away a week later the father and son came to pick it up ( I might still have the pics) the little boy had tears in his eyes as he saw the new condition and I couldn't charge them. Just their appreciation and look was enough.

I've worked in the radio industry for over 18 years in a number of capacities. Started off as an intern, worked in production, programming, on-air, marketing, sales and then sales management. Now I'm the GM for a three-station cluster. It's hard for me to picture not being in this profession.

Always wanted to be a sports broadcaster or on air at a sports radio station. Went to College for it but then found out it was wayyyy harder to break into the field then I thought!

The best one I've worked on and had the most fun with was a Barrett fifty cal for a big gun collector out of bladen county.
The most memorable to date was a marlin .22 nothing special but it was given to this young man by his grandfather all broke missing pieces his father brought it to me to reduc they were gonna give it back to the grandfather who at eighty still tried to hunt.
Story short grandfather passed away a week later the father and son came to pick it up ( I might still have the pics) the little boy had tears in his eyes as he saw the new condition and I couldn't charge them. Just their appreciation and look was enough.

Good stuff, man. Love that story. Any photos of interesting work?

Great story.....that was really cool of you!

rifle.jpg

room2.JPG

IMG_3474.JPG

IMG_3476.JPG

IMG_3477.JPG

rifle.jpg

room2.JPG

IMG_3474.JPG

IMG_3476.JPG

IMG_3477.JPG

impressive collection

Where you from . OFC
High Point area. I split time between Davidson and Wilkes county. Worked for the HP paper for 44 years. Loved covering ACC sports. Especially Duke. Retired in 2013. What kind of gun smithing do you do?

Always wanted to be a sports broadcaster or on air at a sports radio station. Went to College for it but then found out it was wayyyy harder to break into the field then I thought!
Cannot imagine being a broadcaster just too much of a homer.FCC would throw me under the jail if I were ever to do A Duke vs Unc game lol

Right?! To be clear, NOT mine... the guy I bought the Baker from. I've got a handful of flintlocks and percussion and a few more, but nothing like that:)
Yep, i mess with guns also. My wife and I both hunt . My personal favorites are the older double shotguns. I have never owned a flintlock, but I do like looking at them. Watching folks shoot them always amazes me.

Cannot imagine being a broadcaster just too much of a homer.FCC would throw me under the jail if I were ever to do A Duke vs Unc game lol
Yeah probably wouldn't last too long.
Ol Roy throws his arms up at a call: "I don't know why the refs don't T up the bozo, totally unprofessional!" You'd be fired by 1st TV timeout

Yeah probably wouldn't last too long.
Ol Roy throws his arms up at a call: "I don't know why the refs don't T up the bozo, totally unprofessional!" You'd be fired by 1st TV timeout
Don't think I would be that mild in describing that blankety blank no good fit nothing well you get the idea.Would definetly not be fit for children to hear lol

Reactions: Mac9192 and skysdad
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT