ADVERTISEMENT

Ryder Cup snubs

hart2chesson

Devils Illustrated Hall of Famer
Oct 13, 2012
I don't know how many of you are fans of the pro golf Ryder Cup play. However, it's interesting to watch the drama play out over USA player picks.

Justin Thomas was selected despite a terrible year. No wins, missing the cut at 3 of 4 majors, and tied for 69th at the PGA. What about the alleged "U.S. Boys Club?" Agree or disagree?

OFC

I like the Ryder Cup because it's the one time when 2nd or 3rd place doesn't cut it. Some players can't take the pressure.

Reactions: hart2chesson
Bradley deserved a spot. JT is one of favorite golfers but if you pick him why not piss off Rory and pick Captain America? Reed is having a better year than JT.
Hoops we are in agreement on Bradley. I like JT as well, but don't want to see the Cup picks evolve into a good ol boy network. OFC

Reactions: jeffrey236
JT & Speith are boys, the chemistry they have is an intangible that overrides talent. I’m sure the fact that they feed off each other, & likely will be paired together was a major factor in Johnson picking him.
Yeah and they brought in Fowler at the expense of Bradley and Lucas Glover too. Might as well build a sandbox.

Sorry, I really like those three guys,I just think picks should have been more on merit system.Good talking point.

OFC

Was on the course today....its hilly and tight...but has some drivable par 4's..we were on the hole when Hovland holed his tee shot on 5 today, crowd went wild. Course is packed...should be a cracking atmosphere. Had to use google to look up a couple of players on both teams!

Was on the course today....its hilly and tight...but has some drivable par 4's..we were on the hole when Hovland holed his tee shot on 5 today, crowd went wild. Course is packed...should be a cracking atmosphere. Had to use google to look up a couple of players on both teams!
Wow that’s awesome that you’re there. I think we get absolutely smoked by the euros.

Based on my performance on a local golf course today, I commend Captain Zach Johnson's decision not to include me on the team. 🤡

Man that is awesome experience to go to an away Ryder cup. It's going to be interesting for sure

Horrible day by the Americans, should’ve been a lot closer but gave away 3 of the 4 to get only a half a point each. Down 5 going into Saturday, not good at all.

• Sad
Reactions: hart2chesson
Another great day...was at the first tee today at the crack of dawn and then around the course...if i could post videos i'd give you a taste..was a fantastic atmosphere. These guys miss greens from the center of the fairway too...if that makes you feel better!

Well the U.S. lost of course, 16.5 to 11.5. It sounds like there was some lack of unity in the States clubhouse, and its something we need to overcome.

Perhaps spoiled brat Rory Mcilroy provided some spark in the victorious Europeans post match presser, bulletin board material:

This can't be forgotten, and McIlroy behaved like a child this weekend. Hope you saw his parking lot outburst. OFC

I'd like to see more Liv players on the next Ryder cup(need more A holes on the team like Reid). There best players were much better than our top players. Leave the Mcllroy buddies off our squad(jt, Fowler)

I'd like to see more Liv players on the next Ryder cup(need more A holes on the team like Reid). There best players were much better than our top players. Leave the Mcllroy buddies off our squad(jt, Fowler)
It might serve to piss Rory off, which I strongly support, but I’m thinking less Liv next go around esp. The world revolves me Koepka and his sidekick DJ

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT