ADVERTISEMENT

Vernon Carey

I'll file this under Zion, Wendell and Jabari were also considering coming back. Would love to be wrong though. Just don't want to get my hopes up again.

Last edited:
I'll file this under Zion, Wendell and Jabari were also considering coming back. Would love to be wrong though. Just don't want to get my hopes up again.
I think Vern is more like Kyrie in that his decision to come back would be based on what he missed out on in his one season. I still don’t think he comes back, but his decision is a bit different than some others.

Reactions: christophero
Sometimes silence gives people false hope.

People also forget that the final 4 was supposed to be played this weekend. Players would not normally be making the decision until the coming week or 2. It feels late, but it really isn’t.

Not implying he will come back, or is even considering it, but his draft stock is nowhere near the previous players mentioned.

Not implying he will come back, or is even considering it, but his draft stock is nowhere near the previous players mentioned.
It does seems to be falling. If he is an early second round pick this could influence his decision. I would guess someone takes him late first round.

Reactions: AlanInNJ
I agree Christophero.

Just like the others mentioned, it's fun to think about in the offseason. And then next year when he's in the NBA a story will come out about he ALMOST stayed. ;)

sheyduke said:

Anything is possible however I think Carey is gone. His game is built forvthe NBA and he can work on the things you mentioned in the league while getting paid but with that says who knows because there is no predraft workouts and the season was cut short .

I disagree. He's a big man that can shoot wide open threes, if anything I'd say he was built for the NBA 8 years ago but not today... most likely why he isn't projected in the lottery of most mock drafts.
[/quote]
It was noted coming into college that during high school he tended to stay outside on the perimeter then around the basket. He can shoot, I think the game plan all along coming into college was to show he could also play down low and rebound. To me his game is built for the new era NBA where bigs float the perimeter then staying down low. All Vernon needs to do is work on his conditioning and his mobility on defense. All things he can do in the league. I look for Carey to go late first early second round.

Watching the 2015 Final Four MSU game. Okafor was a load. He influenced the game on both ends. He seems much more mobile than Carey. And he had struggled in the NBA.

I disagree. He's a big man that can shoot wide open threes, if anything I'd say he was built for the NBA 8 years ago but not today... most likely why he isn't projected in the lottery of most mock drafts.
It was noted coming into college that during high school he tended to stay outside on the perimeter then around the basket. He can shoot, I think the game plan all along coming into college was to show he could also play down low and rebound. To me his game is built for the new era NBA where bigs float the perimeter then staying down low. All Vernon needs to do is work on his conditioning and his mobility on defense. All things he can do in the league. I look for Carey to go late first early second round.[/QUOTE]
Well the NBA obviously needs to change, the model of only having shooters on the floor works when you have Steph Curry... Not sure it's proved successful outside of that.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT