ADVERTISEMENT

Tre Jones...One and Done?

dachampishere2

Cameron Crazy
Feb 15, 2017
Looking at his highlight tapes from high school he's looking a lot like Tyus but more athletic. If he's as good as Tyus was then we only have one year to enjoy him. From the looks of it they're the same person. Tre may mess around and be a lottery pick after this year

I don't think he's a OAD, personally. He needs a more consistent jump shot. But you never know. Seems like 15+ freshmen have been leaving the past few years.

If we win a national title, then he'll be OAD and we'll be perfectly happy with that. It's the OAD's after a round of 32 flameout that bother me.

Reactions: Alaskan_Assassin_21
Tyus wasn’t expected to be OAD but he had a great freshman season at Duke and became OAD. If Tre is as good or better than Tyus during his freshman season then he could decide to be OAD but if he doesn’t then he would/could probably be at Duke for longer than one season but we won’t know until we see him play at Duke next season.

Possible, but not likely.
Having watched both in person at the same age, I don't think Tre has the same kind of handle and court awareness as Tyus. The ball looked like it was magnetically attached to Tyus's hand when he dribbled and he was two steps ahead of everyone else on the floor as a playmaker.
Tre is more athletic, yes. But he doesn't possess the kind of elite athleticism that will make much difference at the next level.

They’re all one and done. YES. Hopefully one day one of these kids will surprise me.

Not a sure fire 1AD but if he plays like is expected, then more than likely he’s gone after next year.

Where the eye test is inconclusive, performance ends up being a determining factor. No way we're entertaining the ridiculous idea of Wendell's returning if we won it all this year, or if he played well v KU. In that sense, we almost ought to hope Tre is OAD, as that means any question about him was answered by his play.

In this day and age I'd be an OAD cadidate after knocking down a few threes.

Reactions: pisgah101
He'll need to match, or come very close to matching, the season Tyus had to be a legit OAD. So, I hope he's a OAD.

If Tre isn’t one and done then that mean we underachieved. We won in 2015 because Tyus was who we thought he was. If Tre is who we think he is then he’s gone after 1 year too

If Tre isn’t one and done then that mean we underachieved. We won in 2015 because Tyus was who we thought he was. If Tre is who we think he is then he’s gone after 1 year too
Not true at all. Tyus wasn't expected to be one and done, Okafor was the only one. Tyus was better than anyone thought he would be, not saying he was ever thought to be bad. As we all know, he was one of the most clutch players to ever suit up in college. Tre must be his own player, and we shouldn't expect him to be Tyus. It's icing on the cake if he's as good as his older brother.

Not true at all. Tyus wasn't expected to be one and done, Okafor was the only one. Tyus was better than anyone thought he would be, not saying he was ever thought to be bad. As we all know, he was one of the most clutch players to ever suit up in college. Tre must be his own player, and we shouldn't expect him to be Tyus. It's icing on the cake if he's as good as his older brother.

That went right over your head I see. We believed Tyus to be an elite point guard and that’s exactly what he ended up being. That’s why he became a hot commodity and the NBA wanted him. I never said I want Tre to be like tyus as a far as playing style. He’s more athletic so he will break a diffe Net style. But if he can be an elite point guard like tyus he will be a OAD

That went right over your head I see. We believed Tyus to be an elite point guard and that’s exactly what he ended up being. That’s why he became a hot commodity and the NBA wanted him. I never said I want Tre to be like tyus as a far as playing style. He’s more athletic so he will break a diffe Net style. But if he can be an elite point guard like tyus he will be a OAD

No.. it didn't go over his head you just don't make sense with a lot of your ramblings

Bless your heart. You just made two points that were just not correct, but then again, I should be used to that from you.
I'm breaking the two points down for you to comprehend:
1--It will not mean Duke underachieved if he isn't one and done. That's where a lot of problems start with people saying asinine comments like that. What if he's an ok player, but Duke is really good. You've already determined success or underachievement by how long he plays for Duke. Think about that one for a second, and you should realize how dumb a comment that is.
2--We didn't win it all in 15 because Tyus was who we thought he was. He was better than we thought he was, and left after one season. Again, Okafor was the only preseason one and done.
I agree with you that we're expecting Tre to be good, but how good we don't know yet. Kind of the same with his older brother, we didn't know he was as special as he was until he'd played quite a bit.

Bless your heart. You just made two points that were just not correct, but then again, I should be used to that from you.
I'm breaking the two points down for you to comprehend:
1--It will not mean Duke underachieved if he isn't one and done. That's where a lot of problems start with people saying asinine comments like that. What if he's an ok player, but Duke is really good. You've already determined success or underachievement by how long he plays for Duke. Think about that one for a second, and you should realize how dumb a comment that is.
2--We didn't win it all in 15 because Tyus was who we thought he was. He was better than we thought he was, and left after one season. Again, Okafor was the only preseason one and done.
I agree with you that we're expecting Tre to be good, but how good we don't know yet. Kind of the same with his older brother, we didn't know he was as special as he was until he'd played quite a bit.

Tyus was exactly what I expected him to be...an elite point guard. If you haven’t noticed guards are the big thing in the NBA now. He can’t be anything but elite for us to win. Y’all claim Trevon was an ok player. So clearly we must can’t win with ok point guards. You name me a season Duke won a title with an OK point guard and I won’t ever question your basketball knowledge again. Since you like to follow my posts I’m surprised you missed where I said my cousin told me that Tre was going to be better than Tyus when he coached against him in 8th grade. I didn't believe him until I watched his highlights. He will definitely be a OAD if we make it to the final four. If Tyus was OAD then Tre will be because he’s a bigger, stronger, more athletic Tyus. Plus he’s an elite defender up top.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT