ADVERTISEMENT

Transfer portal thread

I don't think Hubert is a bad coach but I'm sort of puzzled by him. Many times when a new coach is hired, he's new to the school, so there is a year or two where the new coach needs in order to get "his" guys. But the part I don't understand about Hubert, is the kids he had to past two seasons, he helped recruit and coach before he was the head coach. He had "his" guys and he had most of the players return for multiple seasons.

Even though Scheyer was at Duke, he had 2 guys come back, she while he recruited the new players, he still had to learn how to coach them. I'm just not sure how Hubert recruited all of the current players, coached most of them prior to being named head coach, and still not know how to coach them.

I guess we'll see how he handles the new transfers, but at first glance, the roster looks ok to good, but not great.
john, all good points and Hubert did indeed AT LEAST ASSIST recruiting those kids on roster now. He gets TOO MUCH of a pass, when UNC fanboy media says: "Oh those were Roy's kids. Kids, lol- Bacot has his AARP card now. OFC

Reactions: bleediteveryday30
Saw this and was definitely interested. I think early indicators are that he’s going to San Diego State. He’s from there and they don’t have starter I don’t believe with Mensah being gone.

But if Scheyer wants Washington, you gotta think we could beat out San Diego State.

Reactions: hart2chesson
I don't think Hubert is a bad coach but I'm sort of puzzled by him. Many times when a new coach is hired, he's new to the school, so there is a year or two where the new coach needs in order to get "his" guys. But the part I don't understand about Hubert, is the kids he had to past two seasons, he helped recruit and coach before he was the head coach. He had "his" guys and he had most of the players return for multiple seasons.

Even though Scheyer was at Duke, he had 2 guys come back, she while he recruited the new players, he still had to learn how to coach them. I'm just not sure how Hubert recruited all of the current players, coached most of them prior to being named head coach, and still not know how to coach them.

I guess we'll see how he handles the new transfers, but at first glance, the roster looks ok to good, but not great.
Hard for me to hate Hubert - met him while he was at ESPN. Very, very cool and super outgoing.

john, all good points and Hubert did indeed AT LEAST ASSIST recruiting those kids on roster now. He gets TOO MUCH of a pass, when UNC fanboy media says: "Oh those were Roy's kids. Kids, lol- Bacot has his AARP card now. OFC

Hey, there's nothing wrong with having an AARP card. I get good discounts with mine. Bacot played a long time to earn his.

Someone mentioned Ol Roy.

True story, I guess it was early December if ran into Ol Roy. UNC was like maybe 7-5 and signs of struggle.

OL Roy and I chatted ball for a bit and the last thing he said SS we parted was “they’ll be there at the end of the season”.

🤪😂❤️😂🤪🙄🙄

• Haha
Reactions: hart2chesson
Someone mentioned Ol Roy.

True story, I guess it was early December if ran into Ol Roy. UNC was like maybe 7-5 and signs of struggle.

OL Roy and I chatted ball for a bit and the last thing he said SS we parted was “they’ll be there at the end of the season”.

🤪😂❤️😂🤪🙄🙄
Yeah they were right there on the couch watching March Madness!!

OFC

Some of you guys hate North Carolina so much haha. That's cool; but some of you seem to lose all objectivity when it comes to them.
Chris, it's "cool" too if "we lose all objectivity." The CHEATS suck, and if you closely followed the athletic/academic scandal, it's understandable to lose ALL RESPECT AND "OBJECTIVITY." Ask @skysdad

OFC

Hard for me to hate Hubert - met him while he was at ESPN. Very, very cool and super outgoing.
I agree, I think Hubert is a super nice guy. I thought I heard that he doesn't even say a cuss word. All good stuff, just don't like UNC and I especially do not like the way Hubert jumps up and down the sideline if he thinks the refs made a bad call. If Scheyer jumped around like that, all the haters would be lining up to call him out.

The past two Duke/UNC games, Hubert acted like a child on the sideline. With all that said, I'm sure he's a super nice guy.

Hubert disrespected Coach K the way he walked off the court after getting beat in Chapel Hill and didn't even acknowledge K's retirement. Davis is not cut from the same cloth as Deano, Huck, K or for that matter Scheyer. He takes himself wayyy too seriously. He was handed the keys to a Blue Blood and acts like he's some directional school.

I agree, I think Hubert is a super nice guy. I thought I heard that he doesn't even say a cuss word. All good stuff, just don't like UNC and I especially do not like the way Hubert jumps up and down the sideline if he thinks the refs made a bad call. If Scheyer jumped around like that, all the haters would be lining up to call him out.

The past two Duke/UNC games, Hubert acted like a child on the sideline. With all that said, I'm sure he's a super nice guy.
Fortunately, we all know what happens to nice guys. Don't expect Hubert to be much different. OFC

• Haha
Reactions: johnl1219
Some of you guys hate North Carolina so much haha. That's cool; but some of you seem to lose all objectivity when it comes to them.
UNC is not all bad. After all, they denied tenure to Nicole Hannah-Jones. (DU probably would have made her chair of the department, the way things are going!)
OFC

Reactions: christophero
Ol' Roy loves to get his tired ol' hound dog countenance on tv, so he will always be a fixture.
My bet is he'll be there as long as there are players he recruited still on the team. Like him or not, supporting kids he coached is part of who he is, and that's a good quality, imo. Staying away might be best for Hubert, but I respect Roy's decision.

The past two Duke/UNC games, Hubert acted like a child on the sideline. With all that said, I'm sure he's a super nice guy.They also said the same thing about that pos Dean Smith.All Tarhole’s suck

My bet is he'll be there as long as there are players he recruited still on the team. Like him or not, supporting kids he coached is part of who he is, and that's a good quality, imo. Staying away might be best for Hubert, but I respect Roy's decision.
I can never "respect" anything regarding Roy. As I have said ad nauseum, he knew all about the AFAM scandal and two of his three nattys are tainted by it. He's crooked as heck, and as ex Tar Heel footballer Tydreke Powell said on a radio talk show, "a snake." OFC

OFC

I can never "respect" anything regarding Roy. As I have said ad nauseum, he knew all about the AFAM scandal and two of his three nattys are tainted by it. He's crooked as heck, and as ex Tar Heel footballer Tydreke Powell said on a radio talk show, "a snake." OFC

OFC
There is nothing about uncheat that I respect!!!!

OFC

OFC
Why’d Powell say what we all know to be true? What’s his deal?

Wow. Fourteen has been compromised. Not cool or very cool but very very. Someone needs to wake Mrs 14 up

Reactions: KDSTONE
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT