ADVERTISEMENT

Transfer portal thread

This one is veeeerrrryyy interesting folks.

7 footer averaged a double-double and 3 blocks per game.

Would need a waiver I think. I don’t ever want to discount or act as if it’s a positive thing but he does mention mental health as a reason (one of 3 possible scenarios for getting the immediate eligible waiver from the NCAA)

Edit: Utah Valley transfer (they also had a coaching change)

Last edited:

Would need a waiver I think. I don’t ever want to discount or act as if it’s a positive thing but he does mention mental health as a reason (one of 3 possible scenarios for getting the immediate eligible waiver from the NCAA)

He says he wants to be closer to his family. Where are they? Senegal? If so, then Durham is definitely closer than Utah is.
OFC

YES PLEASE. He is exactly that we need.

Reactions: christophero
They call Durham, NC, the backyard of Senegal for a reason
Just one more question, Orph.....why would this one guy possibly need a "waiver"? No one else has one, as far as I know. Did the Utah Valley coach get a waiver before bolting that program?
OFC

Just one more question, Orph.....why would this one guy possibly need a "waiver"? No one else has one, as far as I know. Did the Utah Valley coach get a waiver before bolting that program?
OFC
He used up one-time immediate eligibility transfer. Started at Akron and transferred to Utah Valley for last season. The NCAA used to hand the waivers out like candy but they’re supposedly going to be fairly strict now.

Reactions: Willcampbell
One thing to note is there is a solid chance he follows his coach to Cal. But I’m hopeful Duke will reach out

The Penn shooting guard who averaged 23 ppg has hit the portal. Know we won't go after him but I heard he is a baller and could really help the team he transfers to.

Last edited:
Cheats may be better this year considering they didn't make the tournament. Just looking at their roster on paper, that's a 8 or 9 seed at very best.

Reactions: Fourteen44
Texas gained a good transfer this week, Oral Roberts guard Max Abmas. Interesting to note that Ron Holland, a 6-8 five star power forward and the #6 player in the class decommitted from Texas. It is pretty rare for a top 10 guy to become available this late who is not a reclass. He will be a hot commodity.

Last edited:
Texas gained a good transfer this week, Oral Roberts guard Max Abmas. Interesting to note that Ron Holland, a 6-8 five star power forward and the #6 player in the class decommitted from Texas. It is pretty rare for a top 10 guy to become available this late who is not a reclass. He will be a hot commodity.
Do you think Holland will end up following Beard?

Beard is now at Ole Miss. I kid you not, his Wikipedia page starts with "is an American basketball coach who is famously known for beating and strangling women, as well as being the basketball coach at the University of Mississippi."
As for Holland I'm hearing Arkansas or G league, but who knows. He could end up following Beard.

I think we both agree on that. I definitely believe guys like Keels and Oscar know what they want, and that is to play professionally. Keels was just a better prospect than Oscar.

I'm also sure that everyone at Kentucky knows what Oscar wants but it's another thing to be telling a recruit that Oscar is gone when he's not on any draft boards and will never be on any draft boards, will make more money in NIL and has another year of eligibility.

I don't think this is a situation where you are recruiting a guard or wing, where if your player returns to school, you can play them both. In this situation, Hunter and Oscar cannot play together at the same time. It just strikes me as a little desperate that Calipari is saying Oscar is gone, as if he's pushing him out the door.

I totally get recruiting over a kid that has not outperformed his scholarship, and I'm on board with that, but Oscar has been the best player on their team that last two years.

It’s not just Hunter that they are selling the Oscar to the NBA fiction too. Cal is telling Holland and MgBako that fiction as well. Apparently Holland is seriously considering going there.

Calipari is reloading. This might be a do or die year for him.

Dickinson to Kentucky.
Apparently a guy on Twitter said Hunter to Kentucky, but others are saying it's a troll job. There is nothing else out there that is saying this, so probably take it with a grain of salt.

The Athletic has Utah Valley big man Aziz Bandaogo as the 8th ranked un-committed player in the portal. Here’s the blurb on him from the article. I really hope Duke reaches out to him. People mention him following his coach but I don’t see the fit at Cal with Aimaq there as well.

8. Aziz Bandaogo | 7-foot center | Two years of eligibility | Utah Valley​

The WAC Defensive Player of the Year is the best defensive weapon available in the transfer portal. Bandaogo averaged 11.5 points, 10.4 rebounds and 2.9 blocks in a breakout season after spending two years at Akron. Bandaogo told ESPN’s Jonathan Givony that he is transferring for his mental health, so he’ll obviously be trying to get a mental health waiver, which he would need to play right away. Even if he’s not able to secure a waiver, considering his rapid rate of improvement, it might be worth it for a high-major program to stash him for a redshirt year and then have two seasons of eligibility remaining. Bandaogo is quick-twitched and can really move for his size. He’s able to defend out on the perimeter and then is an elite rim protector. Utah Valley opponents shot just 39.8 percent inside the arc and scored 0.88 points per possession when Bandaogo was on the floor, per hooplens.com. Bandaogo is a vertical lob presence at the rim who can get off the ground quickly and go get the ball in the air. He’s also an effective roller, able to get out of a screen and cover ground in a hurry. He had 105 dunks for Utah Valley this season. He also stepped out and made five 3s on 13 attempts. He was also used on the perimeter to initiate handoff actions. He runs the floor hard and is a guy who will steal a couple easy buckets every game just because of the pressure he puts on the rim. Bandaogo was part of the NBA African Academy, and he’s originally from Dakar, Senegal. He played only 15 minutes in seven games his freshman year at Akron and then averaged just 12.2 minutes per game as a sophomore. He blossomed under Mark Madsen at Utah Valley, replacing Fardaws Aimaq, who transferred to Texas Tech. Aimaq just followed Madsen to California. Bandaogo, unlike Aimaq, is not much of a post-up threat, and will fit well with any team that uses a lot of pick-and-roll.

Reactions: mbdfan
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT