ADVERTISEMENT

Transfer portal thread

There are rumors on RR that Bradshaw may de-commit. What is going on there? Ware just entered the portal. My guess is Oscar returns. Those guys really need some good news.

They do hate Duke; but it's an interesting board with lots of info. They are very up to date on the portal and recruiting stuff, so I mainly lurk there. They treat me okay there; mainly because I don't talk smack ha. If I ever did it wouldn't go well. I try to stay out of the Duke threads. I generally don't hate teams; that doesn't mean I like them. I guess I hate the Steelers but they have owned the Bengals for most of my life. Being a Yankee fan I don't even hate the Red Sox. I do hate losing to them though.

Last edited:
They do hate Duke; but it's an interesting board with lots of info. They are very up to date on the portal and recruiting stuff, so I mainly lurk there. They treat me okay there; mainly because I don't talk smack ha. If I ever did it wouldn't go well. I try to stay out of the Duke threads. I generally don't hate teams; that doesn't mean I like them. I guess I hate the Steelers but they have owned the Bengals for most of my life. Being a Yankee fan I don't even hate the Red Sox. I do hate losing to them though.
You do hate the Cheaters, don't you? How about the Mets? And Cowboys? Is it Bengals or Bungels? OFC

If you do not hate Ohio State, there is something wrong. That fan base takes delusional to another level. If you are from Ohio, and not a rabid fan, regardless of the reason, they are OFFENDED. You could have the idiots radio guys doing the tv broadcast and they would swear up and down the announcers were anti OSU

You do hate the Cheaters, don't you? How about the Mets? And Cowboys? Is it Bengals or Bungels? OFC
I don't like them. I don't really think about them unless we play them other than how they stack up against us. I certainly hate losing to them. But I don't live in NC. My cousins are Met fans so they are okay. I don't mind the Cowboys, I used to cheer for them in the Super Bowl to beat the Steelers. I cheer for Michigan to beat Ohio State but I don't hate OSU. I don't really like USC football, mainly because they have owned UCLA forever and seem very arrogant.

Last edited:
I don't like them. I don't really think about them unless we play them other than how they stack up against us. I certainly hate losing to them. But I don't live in NC. My cousins are Met fans so they are okay. I don't mind the Cowboys, I used to cheer for them in the Super Bowl to beat the Steelers. I cheer for Michigan to beat Ohio State but I don't hate OSU. I don't really like USC football, mainly because they have owned UCLA forever and seem very arrogant.
C'mon now! You only dislike them? They are called Cheaters and UNCheat based on indisputable facts. For Example, they insulted Coach K with a "f*ck Coach K"cheer at a game in the Dome. And Ole Roy had a college student from Presbyterian U. kicked out of the Dean Dome because he cheered when the Cheaters missed a foul shot. And they trashed and spray painted the Visiting Team locker room after beating Duke in a footbtall game at Wallace Wade. And the list goes on. Just scratching the surface, but this should be enough to arouse some hate in you. BTW you do not need to live in North Carolina to HATE the Cheaters. They are a gift that just keeps on giving. 😁 OFC

So besides Bandaogo, are there any names of potential rim protectors that we think might become available because they choose to not stay in the NBA draft? Or is he our last option?

The South Dakota State kid. But options are getting less and less. Bona may return to UCLA or stay in the draft.

Last edited:
I wish zero good news on Kentucky or RR. You must never go over to see how they feel about Duke.

This UK fans for you. They think the Kentucky Derby is just about the most single sporting event of the year. They are get dressed up llike they are going to the Oscars and more than half who attend have no idea of what it is about other than you have to have a lot of money to get it. All that hoppla and hype for what a couple of minutes of excitement. Here in N.C. we have the Coca Cola 600 which brings in a ot more fans, last longer than a couple of minutes, anyone can go if they can have a ticket. They don't have to dress up. In fact a ball cap, T-shirt and shorts are the fashion standard and beer is the preferred beverage as opposed the the Mint Julup and there's usually 360 minutes plus of excitement. Now you tell me what is bigger? OFC

I’m curious as to why we need a big specifically out the portal . I get everyone wanting one but they are the same people asking why players are OAD who shouldn’t be . I get Duke is supposed to bring home championships but you do realize college basketball has changed . It’s the highest bidder these kids are going to. Do you really want Duke to do the same ? You have two centers ( Young and Reeves although Reeves is hurt and will be coming off rehab). I think Duke will be fine but should Reeves leave via the portal Duke is looking at no one but possibly Powers and Stewart in the front court in 24’

Reactions: jamsession3
Bandaogo is 22 years old, 7 foot, a physical specimen, blocks shots, doesn't foul out. Doesn’t get scored on. You get him if you can because he makes Duke a better team than Reeves and or Young starting in that role.

I’m curious as to why we need a big specifically out the portal . I get everyone wanting one but they are the same people asking why players are OAD who shouldn’t be . I get Duke is supposed to bring home championships but you do realize college basketball has changed . It’s the highest bidder these kids are going to. Do you really want Duke to do the same ? You have two centers ( Young and Reeves although Reeves is hurt and will be coming off rehab). I think Duke will be fine but should Reeves leave via the portal Duke is looking at no one but possibly Powers and Stewart in the front court in 24’
I don't think Duke will get a center. It's better to be cautious with a pickup.

Bandaogo is 22 years old, 7 foot, a physical specimen, blocks shots, doesn't foul out. Doesn’t get scored on. You get him if you can because he makes Duke a better team than Reeves and or Young starting in that role.
He played at Utah Valley . This is the ACC in case some have forgotten . Lively was physical as well but took half the season to catch on . The competition will be different then he is used to as well .

He played at Utah Valley . This is the ACC in case some have forgotten . Lively was physical as well but took half the season to catch on . The competition will be different then he is used to as well .

He had 17 rebounds, 9 points and 3 blocks vs Wake last year. He is 22 years old. Lively was 18. I suspect he will be okay.

He had a very good game against Wake.

The ACC has had lots of impactful transfers from mid-majors over the last few years. I don't think Carlik Jones or D.J. Burns or Keve Aluma paid much attention to their pedigrees when they were torching Duke. Anybody think Jake LaRivia was an NBA player when he came to Wake?

Bronny James to USC means him and Boogie Ellis are the backcourt. That is a very small backcourt; but it could be good.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT