ADVERTISEMENT

Transfer portal thread

Didn't want to create a thread but Huggy Bear got a million dollar fine, a 3 game suspension and will be terminated if something similar happens again.

Didn't want to create a thread but Huggy Bear got a million dollar fine, a 3 game suspension and will be terminated if something similar happens again.
So why are you doing it on this Duke site? Poor guy has enough shade from websites who actually should be commenting upon him, good or bad, unlike this one. why is you post relevant to anything we should be doing here? Try something else. OFC

Reactions: Tik Tok
You'll love to hear this Shey. Brendon Marks says the staff are "tracking portal guards in case Roach doesn't return."

You'll love to hear this Shey. Brendon Marks says the staff are "tracking portal guards in case Roach doesn't return."
If this is the true case then I really hope Schutt and Blakes look for a fresh start. ( I’m A’s die hard Duke fan as they come but this one is a head scratcher in an already loaded back court even if Roach didn’t return .)

Seth was an ok defender who sat out a year and had time to learn the system .
When I said defense I meant in regards to aziz

Doesn’t matter. Seth was still a hell of a player at Duke but came from a small conference. He can play for us and be very successful defensively. This is the top defender of that conference, it’s not like the dudes just any other scrub from a small school.

When I said defense I meant in regards to aziz

Doesn’t matter. Seth was still a hell of a player at Duke but came from a small conference. He can play for us and be very successful defensively. This is the top defender of that conference, it’s not like the dudes just any other scrub from a small school.
Ok I get that but he’ll be coming into a new system and new team . We will see what happens .

Kansas Center Ernest Udeh Jr. enters the portal. Was a McDonalds All-American in last year's class.

Averaged 2.6 and 1.8 in 8 minutes per game. Honestly most impressed with 0.7 SPG and 0.6 BPG with that amount of playtime.

247 High School Scouting Report:

"Has a tremendous physique at 6-10, including a 7-2 wing span. Is a quality athlete for a center, plays with energy and runs rim to rim. Excels at snatching and finishing lob passes. Is also a dangerous offensive rebounder with his pursuit of positioning and good hands. Not a polished offensive player. Has limited shooting range. Tends to play upright and needs to refine his footwork. Does have a go-to right handed jump hook. Not a ball handler and is mechanical in his passing but tends to make the correct read. Is a quality rim protector on defense. Is engaged on that end. Controls space as a rebounder."

Kansas Center Ernest Udeh Jr. enters the portal. Was a McDonalds All-American in last year's class.

Averaged 2.6 and 1.8 in 8 minutes per game. Honestly most impressed with 0.7 SPG and 0.6 BPG with that amount of playtime.

247 High School Scouting Report:

"Has a tremendous physique at 6-10, including a 7-2 wing span. Is a quality athlete for a center, plays with energy and runs rim to rim. Excels at snatching and finishing lob passes. Is also a dangerous offensive rebounder with his pursuit of positioning and good hands. Not a polished offensive player. Has limited shooting range. Tends to play upright and needs to refine his footwork. Does have a go-to right handed jump hook. Not a ball handler and is mechanical in his passing but tends to make the correct read. Is a quality rim protector on defense. Is engaged on that end. Controls space as a rebounder."
I doubt Duke will pursue him, but he sounds interesting because of his potential on defense and rim protection. Plus, adding him wouldn't scare anyone off this year or in future recruiting.

How does he compare to Reeves? Are they complementary? Would we be recruiting over Reeves?

That Kansas guy would be perfect. Big strong guy, rebounds and plays D, doesn't want to be the man. has a few years left. If you think we don't need more heft up front go watch the Tenn. game. I know the refs screwed us. But still.
Doesn’t mean too much but Mark Mitchell and Sean Stewart commented on his announcement post lol

Reactions: christophero
Former 4 star UCLA center Mac Etienne hits the portal. Could mean Bona is returning, or they are signing that Spanish center. Mac has talent but he is a head case. We don't want him.

Don't expect Bandaogo to be a Blue Devil. The focus is turning to Udeh.

OFC
This is good to hear. I would prefer Bandaogo but I do think that Duke should try to get a big body that can rebound, defend, add quality depth and contribute. Udeh has a few more years of eligibility left and after next season, Duke Flip and Young are gone. That leaves Reeves and Stewart, so having another big would be a nice luxury.

This is good to hear. I would prefer Bandaogo but I do think that Duke should try to get a big body that can rebound, defend, add quality depth and contribute. Udeh has a few more years of eligibility left and after next season, Duke Flip and Young are gone. That leaves Reeves and Stewart, so having another big would be a nice luxury.
AGREE John! OFC

Reactions: sheyduke
Don't expect Bandaogo to be a Blue Devil. The focus is turning to Udeh.

OFC
I would be super happy to get him. Bandaogo is probably the better player currently but Udeh has more eligibility and a much higher ceiling. Per 40 minutes Udeh 3.2 SPG and 2.9 BPG as a freshman. I believe he's got the ability to be a conference DPOY wherever he goes.

I would be super happy to get him. Bandaogo is probably the better player currently but Udeh has more eligibility and a much higher ceiling. Per 40 minutes Udeh 3.2 SPG and 2.9 BPG as a freshman. I believe he's got the ability to be a conference DPOY wherever he goes.
Right on orph!!! OFC

Reactions: orphanduke
7 transfers out? Wow.

giphy.gif

My last Udeh post. On The Athletic's updated transfer portal player rankings he's number 5.

Arthur Kaluma, Grant Nelson, Julian Phillips, Olivier Nkamhoua, Udeh, RayJ Dennis, Bandaogo.

Here's the blurb on him:

Udeh has star potential and a chance to be the best defensive center in college basketball, not just in the portal. He struggled to earn consistent playing time for Kansas until late in the season and even had five straight DNPs, but he was a difference-maker once he cemented himself in the rotation. The counting stats shouldn’t matter here because he averaged only 8.3 minutes per game. The per 40 numbers are more appropriate in projecting what Udeh could become, and those were 12.4 points, 8.5 rebounds, 3.2 steals and 2.9 blocks. He can legitimately guard all five spots and has the quickness and length to wreck ball screens. He’s built to get deflections. He also committed 7.7 fouls per 40 minutes, and if he’s going to become a starter — and that’s likely to happen wherever he lands — then he’s going to need to figure out how to play without fouling. That said, he could play with reckless abandon because he knew he was playing in short spurts. Offensively, Kansas did not trust him in the post and his shooting mechanics beg to be fixed, but he is a real weapon as a vertical lob presence. It turned into lob city anytime he touched the floor, because KU’s guards had the faith they could throw it up anywhere near the rim and he’d get it. He simply needed time to develop, figuring out the intricacies of screening and all the little things that would keep him on the floor for KU. The Jayhawks ran a lot of ball screens, and Udeh fit well in that scheme, but Self also prefers to be able to throw it into the post and that’s where the player and system didn’t exactly align. Maybe Udeh would have got there, but once KU landed Hunter Dickinson, the opportunity for starter minutes as a sophomore was no longer present. Udeh should seek a system that is ball-screen heavy and can take advantage of the pressure he puts on the rim. Defensively, he fits just about anywhere. He was a McDonald’s All-American a year ago, and while the numbers make it look like he underwhelmed, do not be fooled. The tape says otherwise, and the interest he’s about to see from high-majors will as well.

Udeh is perfect for us. 20-25 minutes for him would still allow Young to contribute and Reeves to develop. And he could stay 2-3 years. He's not ball dominant. Dude is huge and has way more upside than Theo or Young. Those highlights are against Baylor and Texas so no question about level of competition. He's a little raw but moves well and can finish at the basket. Yes please. Udeh and Roach back and I would be very excited about next year. Udeh will have a lot of teams after him.
Just saw St. John's got that Dingle kid from Penn. Big pick up for Pitino. Averaged 23 per game.

Last edited:
Say this is the roster, which is what many here are asking for:

*Roach
*Proctor
*McCain
*Foster
*Stewart
*Powers
*Flip
*Transfer Big?
*Mitchell
*Young
Blakes
Schutt
Reeves
Begovich

According to devils den, all 4 freshmen are rated top 20

Unless the ncaa has added minutes to the games, how is everyone going to be happy??

Say this is the roster, which is what many here are asking for:

*Roach
*Proctor
*McCain
*Foster
*Stewart
*Powers
*Flip
*Transfer Big?
*Mitchell
*Young
Blakes
Schutt
Reeves
Begovich

According to devils den, all 4 freshmen are rated top 20

Unless the ncaa has added minutes to the games, how is everyone going to be happy??
Everyone will not be happy. The players will have to buy - in to a 'mission and purpose'.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT