ADVERTISEMENT

Transfer portal thread

Player2020 did call that Udeh wouldn’t be coming before everyone else. Maybe they are correct on both. To be determined. Maybe this is all related to NIL and maybe Kansas St or someone else come up with more money.

Last edited:
Is it possible a potential big sees a very talented roster, and wonders where he would fit in?
I’m merely speculating. All I’m looking at is our current team, which on paper, is pretty good without anyone else.

Last edited:
All the crystal ball picks for us have gone. It's roll the dice time. I dont think these guys know any more than we do.

I would like us to at least add another body. Bona is not a grad transfer. The other guy discussed picked Cinncinnati.

I don’t think Duke needs another Center. Roll with what you got. Duke has front court depth and back court depth .

Last edited:
I think Reeves is being underestimated. I’d love to get Udeh, but it’s not a stretch to believe that Reeves can give us the inside rim protection that Lively gave us. I’m not so worried about getting that additional 5.

Reeves our 3 star who played 10 minutes all season will provide us with the rim protection that the top 3 high school player and first round pick Lively did? I feel like I'm taking crazy pills.:) Oh yeah, and he's injured.

Reeves our 3 star who played 10 minutes all season will provide us with the rim protection that the top 3 high school player and first round pick Lively did? I feel like I'm taking crazy pills.:) Oh yeah, and he's injured.
It's a year later. All you want Reeves to do is protect the rim and rebound. The scoring will come from others. To be honest, Lively is going first round based off potential, not what he demonstrated last year in production. Give me Lively's production in Reeves. We won't miss a beat!

The negativity in this thread is astounding, and it’s not even a game thread 😂
People got their hopes up. That’s all. Confidence has turned into fear of being confident. At the very least, it seems Udeh wants to meet with other schools. We were hoping it would be a done deal. That’s where we’re at, I think. The longer it goes, it looks increasingly bad for our chances.

People got their hopes up. That’s all. Confidence has turned into fear of being confident. At the very least, it seems Udeh wants to meet with other schools. We were hoping it would be a done deal. That’s where we’re at, I think. The longer it goes, it looks increasingly bad for our chances.
You mean his grades are in question….

The way this is going makes it seem like we're going to be relying on developing talent recruited from high school and grad transfers
Definitely agree and that method is absolutely fine. I just don’t think we’ll be in the same boat as some schools that can reach out and grab anyone

The TN game was in March. We were young and inexperienced. Put that same group out there a year later... different results.
You’re no longer inexperienced once you make the tournament. If that game was in December sure, but not in March. They were outplayed and not nearly as physical/tough. All it takes is the same type of team next year in the tournament and the season is over. I’d love a Theo type of guy for some toughness.

I agree about the Theo type guy. We will be very good; I think we were so close to landing Udeh that people were disappointed. We still could get him, but that seems less likely right now. Mark making a big jump will help with the toughness. Flip can play the 5; but it's not ideal and I don't want to see him get worn down. Flip at the 5 for 10 minutes a game would work.

Still have an absolutely loaded roster and I haven't been this excited about a teams potential since the 2018-2019 squad. Not that it matters much, but certainly looking like we will be preseason top 3.

I'm personally a believer in Reeves and I think Stewart is going to surprise people. He's coming in as maybe the most under hyped top 15 five star in recent memory.

I think Stewart is going to be fantastic at his role, just will have to wait and see what that role is. I mean, the dude was a McDonalds All-American who came off the bench in high school. Regardless of how stacked Montverde was I feel like it shows how much of a team player he is.

You’re no longer inexperienced once you make the tournament. If that game was in December sure, but not in March. They were outplayed and not nearly as physical/tough. All it takes is the same type of team next year in the tournament and the season is over. I’d love a Theo type of guy for some toughness.
They’ll have sophomore bodies next season, not freshman bodies.

I agree with your assessment, but I will also challenge you and say Mark, Roach, Proctor, Young, Flip, Blake, Schutt, and Reeves saw and played the game. It was a REALITY CHECK. I don't believe we will get a 2.0 of that game again. Health and Chemistry is the concern going into the 23/24 year.

Reactions: Duke937
Of course we won't know what we'll get out of a freshman, but that's the case with 95% of them. Simply saying the kid is a top 15 recruit and his strengths align with exactly what we need in a post player.

I agree but a freshman’s body has not been in a college weight room like a junior or senior . Duke lost to TN because barns new to be physical with two freshman seven footers . I would have had the same game plan off watching film from the season . It won’t be the same for Flip this season or Young . So your saying Udeh who came off the bench at Kansas would have been a physical bruiser next season in the post ?

Just because you are a freshman doesn’t mean you are built like one. Keels, Zion, Paolo, Griffin, guys like that come in with the body ready for the college transition.

Likewise, just because you are older, or a sophomore, doesn’t mean your game is going to suddenly be ready to bang. I hope thats the case but…….I have my doubts.

Flip, Young, Reeves just don’t inspire much confidence for me defensively and on the boards against well put together athletic bigs down there.

Reactions: Duke937
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT