ADVERTISEMENT

Transfer portal thread

Nothing we didn't already know.

They were the most prestigious college basketball program in the ACC for years under Dean.

K and Duke took that away.

They sold their souls to keep up.

They continue to do so.
I thought I saw somewhere that this started under Dean pre-K taking off at Duke and even called the 1982 championship into question…

I thought I saw somewhere that this started under Dean pre-K taking off at Duke and even called the 1982 championship into question…
Honestly, not sure the year it started, but I thought I remembered that it started around the 1988 or 1989 timeframe. That was near the start where K was on the upswing. But, I could be wrong about the years.

Dang yea just checked that out. 3 crystal balls for Duke were put in all this morning. Wonder if there's been a commitment and we're just waiting for that one dude to make a cool graphic lol
The confidence isn't sky high, so they are probably best guessing we can get him to commit. I feel good about it. If he doesn't commit this weekend he will likely go elsewhere. If we can get him I will feel really, really good about our chances next year. Most complete team we've had in a while.

Reactions: orphanduke
They’re both likely to be foul-prone early on.
Fouls were a big issue for Lively early on but he seemed to clean it up later. Hopefully Udeh would be able to do the same. I think Amile Jefferson is such a good asset for our big men development.

Also, here's a good point from the Athletic on the fouling issues

He also committed 7.7 fouls per 40 minutes, and if he’s going to become a starter — and that’s likely to happen wherever he lands — then he’s going to need to figure out how to play without fouling. That said, he could play with reckless abandon because he knew he was playing in short spurts

Imagine that! Caleb had to decommit because some of his alleged course credits would not transfer. Michigan must not have AFAM courses where you did not have to go to class, do homework, take tests, or wtite your own papers. 😰OFC

Reactions: bubby1
The confidence isn't sky high, so they are probably best guessing we can get him to commit. I feel good about it. If he doesn't commit this weekend he will likely go elsewhere. If we can get him I will feel really, really good about our chances next year. Most complete team we've had in a while.
Yeah. I think if he doesn’t commit soon-ish, it’s probably not happening. I do think there’s a reason he visited before the dead period. He can’t visit anyone else for a bit. I’m cautiously optimistic.

Let’s be clear, he didn’t “decommit” they just rejected his ass.
Michigan is desperate for good basketball players and probably would have got him past admissions if he could read at any level. Assuming all the reporting that he was denied admission, it is amazing (well maybe not) that he could be at UNC for 3 years and not get past admissions at Michigan. Good for Michigan.

Michigan is desperate for good basketball players and probably would have got him past admissions if he could read at any level. Assuming all the reporting that he was denied admission, it is amazing (well maybe not) that he could be at UNC for 3 years and not get past admissions at Michigan. Good for Michigan.
Simple. Michigan does not have UNCheat's AFAM program.

• Haha
Reactions: hart2chesson
Not a Michigan fan but props to them for turning away such a big name transfer for academics.
I wonder if the Fab 5 would have ever happened if this level of scrutiny had been applied to their transcripts. I saw Jalen Rose on Celebrity Jeopardy which normally has dumbed down questions. Yikes, I think he may have owed them money by the end
He answered New England to a question which contained the phrase “which New England state”.😞

Reactions: christophero
Michigan’s admission standards for athletes are different for incoming freshman than they are for transfers.

Definitely not defending Jalen Rose as I can’t stand that clown on TV, but the issue with Michigan is they have some insane standards for accepting transfer student athletes. Any good athlete will get accepted there as an incoming freshman (a la the Fab Five.)
Last year, Terrance Shannon JR (remember him: Texas tech sweet 16 game the Paolo year) committed to Michigan as a transfer and then they did not accept him, just like Love.

Michigan better change the policy and get with the times or else they will be at the bottom of the Big Ten for many years to come.

Reactions: KDSTONE
Michigan’s admission standards for athletes are different for incoming freshman than they are for transfers.

Definitely not defending Jalen Rose as I can’t stand that clown on TV, but the issue with Michigan is they have some insane standards for accepting transfer student athletes. Any good athlete will get accepted there as an incoming freshman (a la the Fab Five.)
Last year, Terrance Shannon JR (remember him: Texas tech sweet 16 game the Paolo year) committed to Michigan as a transfer and then they did not accept him, just like Love.

Michigan better change the policy and get with the times or else they will be at the bottom of the Big Ten for many years to come.
They could start by not announcing transfers until they are admitted.

Reactions: jeffrey236
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT