ADVERTISEMENT

Transfer portal thread

I am certainly not going to worry about adding Udeh and/or too many guards. I figure we have THE SHARPEST YOUNG MIND in all of college hoops directing our squad. He will figure out a way to make a heavy guard rotation/additional big WORK.

Also if John lands Udeh, it puts less pressure on Reeves to produce heavily, and he can come along more slowly. Remember also Duke basketball is so injury prone historically. Let's enjoy the added depth, four starters returning (The Cheaters are hating it), and kick some @$$ this year. Jon will figure out rotations (but we can still guess at'em!! 🤣🤣). OFC

Thanks for the info. I ran them off. Sorry, I did not mean to irritate you. It's just my nature.:p OFC
@christophero have to excuse DI. He has caught "Portal Madness Syndrome." The only instructions for him are two hot dogs and three Coors Lights. I think that will temper his uncharacteristic edge. He caught it from @Willcampbell -

OFC

@christophero have to excuse DI. He has caught "Portal Madness Syndrome." The only instructions for him are two hot dogs and three Coors Lights. I think that will temper his uncharacteristic edge. He caught it from @Willcampbell -

OFC
A debilitating and merciless disease. I am seeking a remedy from Dr. Hart and a prescription....but no surgery. OFC

Should we reach out? 😂

Lol supposedly he could have 2 years of eligibility. He'd be 27 or 28 at the end of his college career

16-17 Harvard
17-18 Harvard (Ivy League Player of the Year)
18-19 Didn't play
19-20 Didn't play
20-21 Ohio St
21-22 Didn't play

Dude is made of glass

Reactions: hart2chesson
I am certainly not going to worry about adding Udeh and/or too many guards. I figure we have THE SHARPEST YOUNG MIND in all of college hoops directing our squad. He will figure out a way to make a heavy guard rotation/additional big WORK.

Also if John lands Udeh, it puts less pressure on Reeves to produce heavily, and he can come along more slowly. Remember also Duke basketball is so injury prone historically. Let's enjoy the added depth, four starters returning (The Cheaters are hating it), and kick some @$$ this year. Jon will figure out rotations (but we can still guess at'em!! 🤣🤣). OFC
Chemistry and Health, that's all we can ask for.

I’d expect some good news on that front in the not so distant future.
You Dont Say Stand Up GIF

I’d expect some good news on that front in the not so distant future.
I try to temper hopes and expectations with reality. That said, I think there’s something to be said for coming to Duke first. I think both parties are looking for a good fit. As I’ve said before, chemistry is everything. He’s not going to be Lively. And, that’s not necessarily a bad thing. If Scheyer ends up getting him, and believes the chemistry is there, he could look like a genius. Obviously, that’s what I’m hoping for.

Reactions: jamsession3
I try to temper hopes and expectations with reality. That said, I think there’s something to be said for coming to Duke first. I think both parties are looking for a good fit. As I’ve said before, chemistry is everything. He’s not going to be Lively. And, that’s not necessarily a bad thing. If Scheyer ends up getting him, and believes the chemistry is there, he could look like a genius. Obviously, that’s what I’m hoping for.
CHEMISTRY!

You never know going into a season how the chemistry of a team will work out, but I feel much more confident going into the season that the pieces will fit than most years, because we have already seen them together.

And yes, UNC returned about everyone last year and it blew up in their face. But, were they ever that good? Fluky tournament run the year before, lightning in a bottle. I am not worried about having a UNC type year with Jon in charge.

You never know going into a season how the chemistry of a team will work out, but I feel much more confident going into the season that the pieces will fit than most years, because we have already seen them together.

And yes, UNC returned about everyone last year and it blew up in their face. But, were they ever that good? Fluky tournament run the year before, lightning in a bottle. I am not worried about having a UNC type year with Jon in charge.
From the moment I saw Manek play for them, I called that he was the scariest guy on that team. He was the catalyst for so many things. Last year, they didn’t have that.

So, now Scheyer needs to find out who that is for us. It doesn’t have to be the most talented guy out there, either. I’d love to see someone become Casey Sanders.

I don't think talent was the holes issue. It was chemistry. Maybe more like a cancer. They looked for most of the season like a bunch of individuals. We all heard the rumors.

The same can be said for our 15 team. Sulaimon was disrupting the chemistry of the team. A former 5 star not happy with his role. And Duke became a better team after he was shown the door.

I
From the moment I saw Manek play for them, I called that he was the scariest guy on that team. He was the catalyst for so many things. Last year, they didn’t have that.

So, now Scheyer needs to find out who that is for us. It doesn’t have to be the most talented guy out there, either. I’d love to see someone become Casey Sanders.
I just hope Roach plays the role of Quinn Cook in 15

Reactions: jamsession3
I don't think talent was the holes issue. It was chemistry. Maybe more like a cancer. They looked for most of the season like a bunch of individuals. We all heard the rumors.

The same can be said for our 15 team. Sulaimon was disrupting the chemistry of the team. A former 5 star not happy with his role. And Duke became a better team after he was shown the door.
You always want to bring back talent. If they don't mesh well that is on them. Our make up is somewhat similar to the 99 team, with several stud sophs and a senior guard.

You always want to bring back talent. If they don't mesh well that is on them. Our make up is somewhat similar to the 99 team, with several stud sophs and a senior guard.
I’d love to be as dominant as the 99 team. They didn’t just beat teams, they destroyed them.

However, Flip could be National POY, and still won’t be as dominant as Brand was. Don’t think Mitchell can contribute as much to winning as Battier did. And I LOVE what Mitchell brings.

I do think Proctor could be more impactful than Avery was that year. Love Roach but he ain’t Langdon. Maybe the combo of McCain/Foster can be as scary as Maggette off the bench. Him off the bench took the 99 team to another level, just crazy athleticism when I go back and watch that team.

The '99 team might have been the most dominant of all Duke teams. But they didn't have the depth of this team.

I think we are getting ahead of ourselves comparing this team to that team. This team has potential but won't win a game for another 6 months.
Yeah. That team lost like twice.

This in addition to UNC not having a good bench player or two. Their starters had to play almost all game, just like the year before.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT