ADVERTISEMENT

Tony Romo hanging with the crazies

Guess I can't hate the Cowboys anymore. That was a cool move!

Was Jahlil's dad in the student section last night as well? I thought I saw him up there.

I've got a problem now. Since I'm a Giants fan I used to hate everything Cowboy. Now what do I do?
OFC

Originally posted by Willcampbell:
I've got a problem now. Since I'm a Giants fan I used to hate everything Cowboy. Now what do I do?
OFC
As a Giants fan, I would say you still hate everything Cowboys, just respect the Crazies more, haha. Wish it were Eli, he's actually a champion.

I believe this is the third year Garrett and Romo have visited Duke. I believe they have been coming to hang around K and watch the practices. They catch a game as well. Demarco Murray and Witten were also in attendance.

I wish Tony Romo would take himself, his mediocre team, and go back to Texas. Stop trying to be a part of our success because your own team has very little. The difference between us is quite clear:

1) Your team celebrates mediocrity - our team celebrates dominance.
2) You bought a brand new stadium with the biggest TV screen in the NFL and try to insist that it's a "great venue" - we still have little ole Cameron Indoor Stadium that is the hardest place to play in college bball and one of the best venues in all of sports.
3) You're in the state of Texas which continually wants to secede from the United States - our coach often coaches the USA Basketball team.
4) You use beef and call it "bbq" (which is wrong) - we use pork (since that's what bbq is supposed to be) and we have the best bbq in the country.
5) You call yourself part of the south but can you find sweet tea in every restaurant? - We serve sweet tea in every restaurant.

See, Romo & friends, we aren't trying to be something we're not. We don't build bigger stadiums because we think it will generate more money, fans, or help us play better. Our players are awesome, our coaches are awesome, our fans are the best, and there's no place like CIS. Now leave.

I'm a huge giants fan too, I can't stand the Cowboys because of their fan base, but I don't mind Romo, he seems like a funny guy. At least Eli does come down to practice with Cutcliff

DFerryFan: Last time I checked, the "Boys had a few championships under their belts too. But what really bothers me about your post is the part about the sweet tea. I'm planning a trip to Texas in April/May. Guess I'll have to drink nothing but Lone Star. Poor me.
OFC

Yes, jahs dad wad in the crazy section also. He got as lot of time on the big screen at last night's game. He seems like a really cool guy.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Jahlils father is awesome! It's too bad he will only be at all the games one year.

DFerryFan: Last time I checked, the "Boys had a few championships under their belts too. But what really bothers me about your post is the part about the sweet tea. I'm planning a trip to Texas in April/May. Guess I'll have to drink nothing but Lone Star. Poor me.
OFC
Tony Romo has ZERO championships. Tony Romo has ONE playoff game win. Since 1998 the Dallas Cowboys have won 2 playoff games out of the 9 playoff games they've played. I don't think I'm overstating by using the term "mediocrity" here. I just don't want them to be a leech on Duke's success.

Sorry about your trip to Texas.

Relax, they are just taking in a game and having fun being duke fans

I find it funny that someone is complaining about a few key players and their coach wanting to spend time and learn what makes a coaching legend go. Weak stuff. It makes no difference who you root for, it is an honor that stars from other sports, pro and college, seek out your programs leader to try and find different ways of improving.

There are very few people that I have met that I wouldn't won't to be Duke fans, Romo isn't one of them. Seems like a nice guy and I hate the boys. Heck, I didn't know Rob Lowe was a Duke fan until I was listening to him on Coach K's radio show. Not the biggest Rob Lowe fan, but I thought that was cool. His daughter is a grad student I think. Does "The Boss" still come to games?

I've never won a championship, I guess I shouldn't attend duke games anymore

We aren't the only team in the ACC with celebrity fans. Former vice presidential candidate and well known attorney John Edwards is a Tar Heel fan.
wink.r191677.gif
OFC.

I grew up a Redskins fan so it's in my blood to hate the Cowboys but I have no problem with their coach and some of their players attending our games. It just further shows just how great that our team, coach and program are.

DFerryFan when they let you decide who is allowed admittance to Duke games would probably be a better time to make post like that. Sorry man but you sound like a UNC fan.

ofc

I agree gottagonow. By DFerryFan's way of thinking that Romo shouldn't be coming to Duke games just because he doesn't have any championships is crazy. If Romo shouldn't be allowed to attend Duke games just because he doesn't have any championships then by that way of thinking no other athletes should be allowed to attend Duke games if they don't have any championships and if that were the "rule" then there would be former Duke players that wouldn't be allowed to attend Duke games. That wouldn't make much sense now would it DFerryFan?

I'm a Colt fan and Tony Romo has just as much right to be a Duke fan as the rest of us. OFC

OFC
Niners fan here. Same problem.
dalc.r191677.gif

This post was edited on 3/5 9:14 PM by FearTheBeard

My Girlfriend is a hardcore Cowboys fan and we watch every game on Sunday ticket every year and I have grown to admire a lot of their players. Romo is a hell of a QB and athlete and Witten is all heart. And if you want to talk about a winner I am a die hard Raiders fan LOL! This last decade plus has been painful, oh so painful....but I'm a Raider till I die and I will watch every game every Sunday till they throw me in the dirt. It is like dying a slow death sometimes...

Originally posted by HonkeyT:
My Girlfriend is a hardcore Cowboys fan and we watch every game on Sunday ticket every year and I have grown to admire a lot of their players. Romo is a hell of a QB and athlete and Witten is all heart. And if you want to talk about a winner I am a die hard Raiders fan LOL! This last decade plus has been painful, oh so painful....but I'm a Raider till I die and I will watch every game every Sunday till they throw me in the dirt. It is like dying a slow death sometimes...
My brother is a Raiders fan. He feels the same. How do you feel about them possibly moving back to LA or to San Antonio?

Sorry for the late reply FTB, been on the road. I would prefer them to stay in Oakland but if they moved to LA I would accept it. I have been down that road so I can handle it but I couldn't handle the San Antonio Raiders or the Portland Raiders. I don't know if I could ever watch Football again if that happened.

This post was edited on 3/6 4:16 PM by HonkeyT

Originally posted by bleediteveryday30:
Heck, I didn't know Rob Lowe was a Duke fan until I was listening to him on Coach K's radio show.
Which Rob Lowe did K interview? Scrawny arms? Painfully awkward? Creepy? Meat head? Crazy hairy? Peaked in high school? Overly paranoid? Poor decision making?

Originally posted by GAAP:

Originally posted by bleediteveryday30:
Heck, I didn't know Rob Lowe was a Duke fan until I was listening to him on Coach K's radio show.
Which Rob Lowe did K interview? Scrawny arms? Painfully awkward? Creepy? Meat head? Crazy hairy? Peaked in high school? Overly paranoid? Poor decision making?
Peaked in High School Rob Lowe. He is still captain of the team.

Originally posted by HonkeyT:
Sorry for the late reply FTB, been on the road. I would prefer them to stay in Oakland but if they moved to LA I would accept it. I have been down that road so I can handle it but I couldn't handle the San Antonio Raiders or the Portland Raiders. I don't know if I could ever watch Football again if that happened.

This post was edited on 3/6 4:16 PM by HonkeyT
No worries. My brother is the same. He can deal with a move back to LA, but not anywhere else. I think they'll end up back in LA. It sounds like the Rams plan isn't going to pan out and the Chargers and Raiders are poised to share a stadium with one of them moving to the NFC.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT