ADVERTISEMENT

Togetherness

Aug 6, 2014
Forgive me because I have a pretty short memory, but I don't think I've ever seen a Duke team get along as well as this team. They just seem happy all of the time when they are around each other. Gbinije & Semi always seemed on the outside looking in. Sheed I thought may have caused some rifts here and there.

But watching these Blue Planet videos and all the cheering our guys do during the course of the game - no matter who is in there, it's such an enjoyment. We've got a very close knit group, lots of smiles, positive attitudes, and good kids. We are very lucky! Anyone else not want this season to end?

Winning can bring a lot of that stuff together. But to answer your question....I do think this team really meshes well together on and off the court.

Besides not playing a lot, I've heard through a few channels that Semi didn't really fit in. That's not as a player, but just personality-wise.

As for Sheed, I think he fit in just fine. The kid really lived and breathed Duke. He just let his head get in the way of better judgment on some team-related stuff.

The 2010 Championship team is probably the last team that I remember us having that you could tell that out player truly enjoyed playing with each other and enjoyed being around each other.

Originally posted by DiehardDukeFan4Life:
The 2010 Championship team is probably the last team that I remember us having that you could tell that out player truly enjoyed playing with each other and enjoyed being around each other.
Correct. That's why it's crazy that a freshmen led team feels the same way.

I thought the 2013 team had that.

Originally posted by dukiejay:

The 2010 Championship team is probably the last team that I remember us having that you could tell that our players truly enjoyed playing with each other and enjoyed being around each other.
I thought the 2013 team had that.
I agree the 2013 team had it as well. I guess the 2010 team sticks out more because they won the championship but you're right the 2013 team had that same feeling that they truly enjoyed playing together and being around each other

I thought the '91, '92, '01, and '10 teams had that. The '12 and '14 teams not so much
3dgrin.r191677.gif

It is hard for me to agree on 91 and 92. Laettner and Hurley were known for their combative and competitive nature. Looking from outside in we sometimes think they are all best of friends or so and so doesn't fit in.... But it's hard to know how these kids feel.

One thing is for sure, the 8 scholarship players are becoming a tighter unit after the sheed dismissal.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT