ADVERTISEMENT

Tickets in Cameron

jwill133

Devils Illustrated Hall of Famer
Feb 25, 2016
I'll be attending the Champions Classic on Tuesday, but my biggest goal these next couple months is to make it to a game in Cameron with some buddies. I have only been to Cameron once, 82-50, but got in with a student ticket because a High-School friend was a senior at Duke, so I essentially got in free.
Tickets on every online site are absolutely ridiculous for every single game in Cameron, minimum $150 and that's for a Wed night game against Eastern Michigan or Hartford. We would prefer to come down for a weekend game, would prefer an ACC game but would settle for even the December Yale or Stetson game.
What is the best way to go about this?? Scalpers?? Would really be looking for maximum $150-$200 a ticket. Anyone with any experiences or info? HELP.

Gimme a lil time. My new work calendar will be out soon and we'll hit a good game.

A game in CIS is definitely on my bucket list. Am I crazy or does $150ish not really sound that bad?
$150ish was only for a Wed night game in Nov against Eastern Michigan or a Wed night Dec game against Hartford. The minimum ACC game prices were in the $300's.
To me, a guy still trying to pay off student loans, $300 tickets are a bit steep.
$150 for an ACC game or a nice Saturday game? Now were talking!

Reactions: pisgah101
$150ish was only for a Wed night game in Nov against Eastern Michigan or a Wed night Dec game against Hartford. The minimum ACC game prices were in the $300's.
To me, a guy still trying to pay off student loans, $300 tickets are a bit steep.

That makes more sense.

Tickets are worth what fans will pay. Why sell a ticket for $150 when they can easily get double that.

Tickets are worth what fans will pay. Why sell a ticket for $150 when they can easily get double that.
Thanks for the info. I had no idea that was how getting tickets worked!

I'll be attending the Champions Classic on Tuesday, but my biggest goal these next couple months is to make it to a game in Cameron with some buddies. I have only been to Cameron once, 82-50, but got in with a student ticket because a High-School friend was a senior at Duke, so I essentially got in free.
Tickets on every online site are absolutely ridiculous for every single game in Cameron, minimum $150 and that's for a Wed night game against Eastern Michigan or Hartford. We would prefer to come down for a weekend game, would prefer an ACC game but would settle for even the December Yale or Stetson game.
What is the best way to go about this?? Scalpers?? Would really be looking for maximum $150-$200 a ticket. Anyone with any experiences or info? HELP.
I have requested tix to three ACC games. My odds of being selected are almost zero, since a bunch of Iron Dukes will have to pass on them. If I get a pair, I'll email you and we can go together.

Reactions: jwill133
I have requested tix to three ACC games. My odds of being selected are almost zero, since a bunch of Iron Dukes will have to pass on them. If I get a pair, I'll email you and we can go together.
Thanks man, that’d be fantastic!

Reactions: DukeDenver

First game I ever attended was the year Kyrie was there, and it was like a Wednesday night game against Bradley and I paid 175 a piece for 2 tickets.

It's a great experience but tickets are not cheap.

Has anyone ever showed up without tickets and had any luck buying them outside of Cameron
I did this for a few non-con games with great success, but that was 10 years ago. I paid face value. It would work over Christmas break I’m betting. ACC games? That would be a real gamble.

I had 2 season tickets a few seasons back... sold every game except UNC.(live in WI) I only sold 2 Games for less then $100. Acc Games were 300-500.

It’s not an easy venue to get into, hopefully it stays that way!!

Has anyone ever showed up without tickets and had any luck buying them outside of Cameron

I did it once against either ga tech or Pitt. Me and the girl I was dating had to sit apart but then noone ever showed up by me, so before the first half she just came up to the vacant seat. Granted the seats were almost the last row, but I feel there isn't a bad seat in Cameron.

Sat Jan 5th is the ACC opener Clemson @ Duke. I'm assuming Duke will still be on Xmas Break???? Any chance this would make tickets a little cheaper? All websites still have tickets for this game in the $500's.

With it being Xmas Break, could one travel down to Durham and try to snag some tickets cheap since most students will still be gone? Do you need a student ID to use a student ticket?

I had 2 season tickets a few seasons back... sold every game except UNC.(live in WI) I only sold 2 Games for less then $100. Acc Games were 300-500.

It’s not an easy venue to get into, hopefully it stays that way!!

How did you end up money wise?

Everyone says you can go to campus and get them.. all games I've been to people are always trying to sell me tickets.. the closer to tip off the cheaper

Sat Jan 5th is the ACC opener Clemson @ Duke. I'm assuming Duke will still be on Xmas Break???? Any chance this would make tickets a little cheaper? All websites still have tickets for this game in the $500's.

With it being Xmas Break, could one travel down to Durham and try to snag some tickets cheap since most students will still be gone? Do you need a student ID to use a student ticket?

That early ACC game is expensive b/c students are off and student section is open to everyone. I've grabbed seats on GoDuke.com the day of game for face and sat in first row Section 17. Be patient.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT