ADVERTISEMENT

THIS TEAM!!!!!!!!!!!! WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

krzyzewskiville

Oct 7, 2004
Winfield, KS
The fight man. We have a lot to improve on - most of which starts with a D and rhymes with the word fence, BUT, this team has fight. SO much fight.And heart. SO much heart.

The 2015 team took time to develop defensively, too. And this team has more depth and probably more talent.

I think we're in for a HELLUVA year!!!!!!

GO DUKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It was as easy as 1, 2, 3. The Alphabet Gang scores again.

nAOqsYO.jpg

OFC

i can't believe we won that game. we were outplayed in every facet, but we kept chipping away

I’m really tired. That just happened right? A bunch of kids, had that much heart all weekend? Okay I get the Texas comeback. But this was, unbelievable.

Just incredible that we are doing this shit with such a young team. THe stones on Trent? Guess he learned that from his high school teammate Tyus Stones Jones. Unreal....i was saying i know we lost the game with about 7 or so to go but was loving that we kept fighting....

There's something to be said about a team that just knows how to WIN! Dear God.....I'm so pumped! OMG!

Reactions: dbav
When this team learns to put 40 minutes together their gonna be damn fun to watch

Reactions: Dad2ze
I never lose faith when they get down. My uncle kept calling me trying to laugh and I told him Duke will win. They have heart and a will to win like I haven't seen in a long time. These are freshmen doing this

Gary and Trevon are elite perimeter defenders. I really paid attention to Gary tonight and he's a great defender

Yep, and my money says Florida will win the SEC. they are scary good.

Totally agree. Florida is the 2nd best team that I’ve seen play so far. These last minute comebacks are eventually going to bite us in the ass, but I love that we are learning how to win late. Just need to do a better job in the first 30 minutes of these games and not let teams like Portland State ever into a game. Thought our man to man defense was much better than it was against Texas, and love that all the Freshman are getting closer to 75% FT percentage outside of Trent whose at 90%.

Great win. MB3 played amazingly.

So many huge plays down the stretch, Trevon, Gary, Bags, my God.

OMG!!!!! Went to bed around 12:15. Woke up to check this forum and lost my mind(and the wife on me for scaring her when I hollered and jumped out of the bed). What in the heck happened? I haven't even watched the recording yet, just been reading the game thread so far.

My goodness, fellas what do we have brewing in Durham this year! Asses about to be taken to the wood shed on multiply occasions. Damn shame they want to play with our hearts and then rewards us for being Duke fans. This team if freaking special. And to top it off, the cheats get run out of the gym to a team we beat without bags lmfao. What a happy Monday. OFC.

Reactions: dukesince91
When this team learns to put 40 minutes together their gonna be damn fun to watch

Can you imagine. Against Texas, they played good and together about 15-17 mins and that includes O/T. Last night, it was 13-15 mins with us playing good together for about 7 mins in 1st half and 6 mins in 2nd half. We played a fairly complete game against MSU (outside of FTs). I can’t wait to just see us come out rolling to start games versus playing from behind constantly. The PK80 tournament will be a huge turning point for us that we look back on and remember when we are cutting down ACC and NCAA Tourney nets after winnning titles.

Holy smokes does this team have heart, fight and a will to win. And from such a young team. I want to say it was around the 10 min mark or so in the second half, Bagley had just made an incredible save on the other end, sprints down, Carter gets fouled and is on the line. Bagley is clapping his hands ferociously (we were down about 12) and just kept saying let’s go let’s go- he’s our best player, he’s playing with everything he has on both ends, we are down big late and he’s still leading with the emotional energy. I didn’t think we would win with about 7min to go, but i loved the fight we were showing. Even in a loss i would be ok with this young team losing with this much effort. But they just can’t accept losing. They fought all the way back and even when Trent made a huge mistake with the reach earlier, he comes right back with zero conscience and strips his man, and then has the presence of mind to not make the outlet pass to Duval whos right there but to back it out, run off a few more seconds and keep the ball for himself as he’s the best FT shooter. Remarkable stuff for a freshman in that moment. Wow. Then all he does is knock down the game winning/clinching FTs. Man Duke has “IT”.

There were some or a lot of obvious negatives with how we played. Florida was the better team for the majority of the night, as i figured they would be with their guards and experience. They are really good. Duval was terrible for much of the night, so many stupid mistakes- but then he comes back and makes a phenomenal steal and even better pass to Grayson across the court. You live with his mistakes because he is so damn good. As he continues to learn and mature we will continue to get better. He will learn. Carter had a rough night but kept fighting- made big plays on both ends late. Javin did a really nice job when he was in as well. What more can you say about Marvin- kid is by far the best player in the country this early into the season. While Grayson had a tough second half, with the 3 being his only points i actually thought he played poised the entire game. That was a huge shot and he made the defender fly past him and nailed it. He was 4-8 from deep and i thought played pretty solid defense and ran the team very well with Duval out and we needed everyone of his 7 dimes.

What A Win.

Reactions: bfort2223
This team goes completely against modern day basketball and I love it. Bill Walton, Shaq, Barkley, and Pat Ewing are going crazy inside and out. Bolden, Carter, and especially Bags are getting the first touches. The 3pt ball is not our weapon this year. IT'S THE POST!!!!

Keep it going fellas...

Last edited:
This team goes completely against modern day basketball and I love. Bill Walton, Shaq, Barkley, and Pat Ewing are going crazy inside and out. Bolden, Carter, and especially Bags are getting the first touches. The 3pt ball is not our weapon this year. IT'S THE POST!!!!

Keep it going fellas...
The ironic thing is we took 3 more deep balls than they did and shot a higher percentage. Having Grayson and Trent to complement the inside presence we have is really scary. They did a great job of containing both for the majority of the game and didn’t give many open looks, but when those two got them, the made the most of the opportunities. This team goes inside out, and you saw last night the dangers other teams have to guard against. Pick your poison.

Reactions: jamsession3
I really enjoy watching this team play basketball. :D

Comeback kids! Although I do not enjoy these big deficits early. This is a fun team to watch.

Must admit I did not stay up, coached youth hoops all day and was shot.

Key take aways from this tournament:

Never count Duke out.
Bagley is our best player. Probably the best player in the country right now.
Duke still has a TON of room to grow. That's scary.

Reactions: Mac9192
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT