ADVERTISEMENT

The New Lounge

Or lemme ask this; would you want THAT, or would you rather a little bit on the story of Donald Trump's business practices that took advantage of thousands of American small business owners?

Either is fine with me.

But I won't bother if you just say "No, I won't believe any sources you link or posts you write."

Or lemme ask this; would you want THAT, or would you rather a little bit on the story of Donald Trump's business practices that took advantage of thousands of American small business owners?

Either is fine with me.

But I won't bother if you just say "No, I won't believe any sources you link or posts you write."
Honestly, Dude, neither one of our minds will change. I’m not going to lie. At least I will tell you to spare the effort. Just like your mind is made up. Don’t act like you’re open. You’re no more open than I am. You’re the same in you look for everything to find negative about him like many did with Obama. It’s not that I love Trump, it’s just that I think he was, and is, a better President than Clinton would have been, and much better than Biden would be. I don’t like everything about Trump. Read that part again if you need to.
But, I’ll also say that for the most part, had Clinton won, the only tv news outlet that would have criticized her would have been Fox.

I should have known better than talk politics on this board. It’s similar to some on here never wanting to hear any negative about Duke or K. Our minds are made up.

Let's just see how it plays out then. You just can't get out of your own way, and no matter what, will piss and moan about President Trump. He could give you a hundred dollar bill, and you'd whine cause it was wrinkled.

Joe Biden isn't well, and it's only going to get worse. Would you feel the same about him if he was a Republican? I would.
I am not quite sure of what you mean when you tell me that I can't get out of my own way. I have read posts of yours where you have discussed how Trump tells the truth and cares about Americans. Talk about now being able to get out of your own way. The past three years have been an unmitigated disaster. He has diminished or destroyed much legislation designed to protect the environment, including limiting the migratory bird treaty to such a degree that it provides no protection at all. That means we will be losing even more birds and while you might not care about them this much destruction to the food chain is a problem. He has courted white supremacists both by calling them lovely people and by saying things like Warren Buffet is funding the caravans. You wanna know why he said something so ridiculous? IT is a dog whistle to the white supremacists that they were in fact correct that Jew want to take over and that they are doing this by trying to get more brown skinned people into this country for two reasons. 1) to make white people a minority and 2) because Jews know they can control brown skinned people and so will really be able to control the country. As stupid as that sounds, there are a number of white crackers out there who believe it. Then, he has lied, lied and lied again about our immigration problem and the need for a wall. He has also sided with christian fundamentalists against both Jews and gay people by allowing those fundamentalists who run adoption agencies to refuse to keep these groups from adopting children. I could go on and on but it would take too much time. You complain that you should know better than to talk politics on this board. Perhaps if your arguments were supported by facts you might feel differently. Just telling us that we are all idiots because we don't see what a great job this guy is doing is not arguing facts.

Reactions: TheDude1 and dbav
I am not quite sure of what you mean when you tell me that I can't get out of my own way. I have read posts of yours where you have discussed how Trump tells the truth and cares about Americans. Talk about now being able to get out of your own way. The past three years have been an unmitigated disaster. He has diminished or destroyed much legislation designed to protect the environment, including limiting the migratory bird treaty to such a degree that it provides no protection at all. That means we will be losing even more birds and while you might not care about them this much destruction to the food chain is a problem. He has courted white supremacists both by calling them lovely people and by saying things like Warren Buffet is funding the caravans. You wanna know why he said something so ridiculous? IT is a dog whistle to the white supremacists that they were in fact correct that Jew want to take over and that they are doing this by trying to get more brown skinned people into this country for two reasons. 1) to make white people a minority and 2) because Jews know they can control brown skinned people and so will really be able to control the country. As stupid as that sounds, there are a number of white crackers out there who believe it. Then, he has lied, lied and lied again about our immigration problem and the need for a wall. He has also sided with christian fundamentalists against both Jews and gay people by allowing those fundamentalists who run adoption agencies to refuse to keep these groups from adopting children. I could go on and on but it would take too much time. You complain that you should know better than to talk politics on this board. Perhaps if your arguments were supported by facts you might feel differently. Just telling us that we are all idiots because we don't see what a great job this guy is doing is not arguing facts.
Woah lady. Hit the brakes on your Electric car. Where have I said Trump tells the truth, and where have I said you folks on the left are idiots?

When the subject gets to be someone bringing up birds and gay adoptions, I think that’s a signal for a break from this thread.

Keep pounding if you want to, but I’m gonna step away from this thread. We did alright for awhile. After your post here, you might want to consider doing the same.

Woah lady. Hit the brakes on your Electric car. Where have I said Trump tells the truth, and where have I said you folks on the left are idiots?

When the subject gets to be someone bringing up birds and gay adoptions, I think that’s a signal for a break from this thread.

Keep pounding if you want to, but I’m gonna step away from this thread. We did alright for awhile. After your post here, you might want to consider doing the same.
Thanks for the condescending pat on the head

Reactions: dbav
I've read just about every post on this thread. The problem with most of us and I'm including myself is that we can't keep an open mind and try to find a middle ground. I'm a conservative and there are some things, not many that I do agree with that some Democrats want which includes better gun control with back ground checks. Racism will always exist if we continue with white supremacy and black lives matter. I'm in the camp that all lives matter and that has nothing against blacks. I'm sick and tired of the agendas that the media has. If there's anything that is causing division in this country, it is the media. Trump has had issues bringing us together as well as Obama did. I do have one question though. How come is you are a multiracial person, and have a parent that is white, the person always claims the minority status. I think it has a lot to do with benefits. One of my friends is Hispanic and his wife is white. Guess what race their children claim? By the way Dude, you can nitpick this and show everyone you're the smartest person in the room and other's opinions are worthless. Just my 2 cents.

Reactions: Mac9192
I've read just about every post on this thread. The problem with most of us and I'm including myself is that we can't keep an open mind and try to find a middle ground. I'm a conservative and there are some things, not many that I do agree with that some Democrats want which includes better gun control with back ground checks. Racism will always exist if we continue with white supremacy and black lives matter. I'm in the camp that all lives matter and that has nothing against blacks. I'm sick and tired of the agendas that the media has. If there's anything that is causing division in this country, it is the media. Trump has had issues bringing us together as well as Obama did. I do have one question though. How come is you are a multiracial person, and have a parent that is white, the person always claims the minority status. I think it has a lot to do with benefits. One of my friends is Hispanic and his wife is white. Guess what race their children claim? By the way Dude, you can nitpick this and show everyone you're the smartest person in the room and other's opinions are worthless. Just my 2 cents.
While it is certainly true that there are times when claiming membership in a certain group may be advantageous, it is also true that for segregation purposes, anyone of mixed blood, even if that person looked so white that he could "pass" was considered black. There were a lot of light-skinned slaves. Also, Obama certainly never downplayed his white mother and yet everyone considered him black. So maybe you can accuse me of thinking I am the smartest person in the room. Also, it seems like you are equating the Obama presidency with Trump's . If I have that right, I have to say, that is a bit jaw dropping. Of course those who did not want Obama to be president were disappointed. That happens every four years. But the absolute vitriol shown to Obama and his family was unlike anything that I have experienced in my lifetime. And, Trump has made no secret of being divisive. His mocking everyone and has offered not statement of empathy.

Last edited:
The only thing I’m going to address is the Biden question, because the rest we just won’t get anywhere. You have your views and I have mine.
Biden will not be President. He will be ruled medically incompetent sometime shortly after being sworn in. He’s not well. We talk about things corrupt? This will be one of the biggest.
The Democratic Party, in my opinion, will have a sharp female as his running mate. It’s the only strategy they can use to win.
Thank God it want be a Clinton

Let me see if I can help:

You're showing your hand by lumping a movement (BLM) that is made up largely of peaceful protesters (remember Antifa and BLM are two separate entities) which has it roots in protesting police brutality with a movement (white supremacy) that has its roots in oppression of other races and religions (don't forget the Klan hates Catholics, too) and such actions as lynchings, cross-burnings and castrations (which often ended with victim's testicles in his mouth).

To sum it quickly, if there had never been white supremacy, there would likely never have been widespread police mistreatment of Blacks and thus no need for Black Lives Matter.

I've already laid out a host of what Trump has done to divide us as a nation. I'm generally curious what Obama did. I've asked people this before and the only thing I've ever gotten is they took offense to him saying if he had a son he could be Trayvon Martin. Please educate me.

You're question about biracial folks is one I can easily answer.

America will always (except in ultra-rare situations based on one's ability to pass) see a biracial person as a light-skinned Black as opposed to a dark-skinned white.

Rather than asking a message board, though, you should have just asked your Hispanic friend. You're talking about benefits when the reality is his kids, with Hispanic surnames and features, are going to get called the applicable slurs regardless of whether they tell people their mom is white.

Last edited:

You're showing your hand by lumping a movement (BLM) that is made up largely of peaceful protesters (remember Antifa and BLM are two separate entities) which has it roots in protesting police brutality with a movement (white supremacy) that has its roots in oppression of other races and religions (don't forget the Klan hates Catholics, too) and such actions as lynchings, cross-burnings and castrations (which often ended with victim's testicles in his mouth).

To sum it quickly, if there had never been white supremacy, there would likely never have been widespread police mistreatment of Blacks and thus no need for Black Lives Matter.

I've already laid out a host of what Trump has done to divide us as a nation. I'm generally curious what Obama did. I've asked people this before and the only thing I've ever gotten is they took offense to him saying if he had a son he could be Trayvon Martin. Please educate me.

America will always (except in ultra-rare situations based on one's ability to pass) see a biracial person as a light-skinned Black as opposed to a dark-skinned white.

Rather than asking a message board, though, you should have just asked your Hispanic friend. You're talking about benefits when the reality is his kids, with Hispanic surnames and features, are going to get called the applicable slurs regardless of whether they tell people their mom is white.
Applicable slurs? My mind just doesn't work that way. Not everyone is a racist. It seems to fit a lot of people's agenda though.

While it is certainly true that there are times when claiming membership in a certain group may be advantageous, it is also true that for segregation purposes, anyone of mixed blood, even if that person looked so white that he could "pass" was considered black. There were a lot of light-skinned slaves. Also, Obama certainly never downplayed his white mother and yet everyone considered him black. So maybe you can accuse me of thinking I am the smartest person in the room. Also, it seems like you are equating the Obama presidency with Trump's . If I have that right, I have to say, that is a bit jaw dropping. Of course those who did not want Obama to be president were disappointed. That happens every four years. But the absolute vitriol shown to Obama and his family was unlike anything that I have experienced in my lifetime. And, Trump has made no secret of being divisive. His mocking everyone and has offered not statement of empathy.
The absolute vitriol shown to Obama and his family. You've got to be kidding. Obama was treated with kids gloves. Trump gets crucified every day from the media. I just saw tonight that Ivaka's message to the class of 2020 was pulled, but they didn't do that with Michelle Obama.
Yeah, they treat Trump and his family better than Obama.

The absolute vitriol shown to Obama and his family. You've got to be kidding. Obama was treated with kids gloves. Trump gets crucified every day from the media. I just saw tonight that Ivaka's message to the class of 2020 was pulled, but they didn't do that with Michelle Obama.

Conservative media accused Obama of not being an American. That was a first.

Conservative media said his wife looked like a man and hated America.

At his first State of the Union, a Republican congressman stood up and called him a liar in the middle of his address. Shit like that hadn't happened since the days of trowing hands on the House floor.

Trump gets bashed every day, as he should. He literally says something mind-boggling every day. What is he, theee days removed from saying something to the effect of George Floyd should be looking down thinking it's a great day for him and a great day for America because of the unemployment rate? Today he praised police for 2020 having the lowest crime numbers in American history, as if the shutdown didn't contribute to that.

Since you keep bringing Obama up, I'm going to ask again, what did he do that was so divisive? This is not some gotcha question. I genuinely want to know why you said that earlier and why you feel that way.

Reactions: SDevada
https://thehill.com/blogs/pundits-b...ives-forget-history-with-trump-effigy-outrage. And then there was a congressman shouting out "that's a lie" during a presidential speech
, McConnell saying that he would make sure Obama would not get any of his agenda passed and of course Merrick Garland -- a stunt that I am betting would not have been pulled had the president been white. Michelle and the kids were referred to as apes. Trump gets treated like crap by some of the media because he and his presidency are a disaster.

Conservative media accused Obama of not being an American. That was a first.

Conservative media said his wife looked like a man and hated America.

At his first State of the Union, a Republican congressman stood up and called him a liar in the middle of his address. Shit like that hadn't happened since the days of trowing hands on the House floor.

Trump gets bashed every day, as he should. He literally says something mind-boggling every day. What is he, theee days removed from saying something to the effect of George Floyd should be looking down thinking it's a great day for him and a great day for America because of the unemployment rate? Today he praised police for 2020 having the lowest crime numbers in American history, as if the shutdown didn't contribute to that.

Since you keep bringing Obama up, I'm going to ask again, what did he do that was so divisive? This is not some gotcha question. I genuinely want to know why you said that earlier and why you feel that way.
Sorry. I did not see this when I replied. You made your points much better than I did. I agree with everything you said.

Democrats said from the start that they would try to work with Trump in any and every area they could find common ground. There is even audio and video evidence of this. I kind of remember a deal on immigration. Oh yeah, they did have a deal until one party backed out.

McConnel stated on record that it was his job to make sure that Obama failed. There was never any cooperation. A man of true integrity old Mitch. Old Mitch started out as a liberal until he realized he couldn't gain and keep power in the south as a liberal.

You see, there are these forms that the government created to track demographics. There are boxes on them that say white, black, asian, native american, other. You check which one actually applies, in my case it is almost all of those mfers...and magically I became a minority. I mean, what the **** do you want me to do dude?

I'm pretty sure I've been doing this since I was like 12 and it had nothing to do with benefits. Besides that, there is the world's perception of what you are. I have a white mother, but I could never pass as caucasian. And whether you want to believe it or not, a certain number of people will treat me.differently because of it. Bob Marleys father was white. J. Coles mother is white. Just because you have caucasian blood doesnt shield you from your skin color.

You see, there are these forms that the government created to track demographics. There are boxes on them that say white, black, asian, native american, other. You check which one actually applies, in my case it is almost all of those mfers...and magically I became a minority. I mean, what the **** do you want me to do dude?

You see this is part of the problem to me. Why do we need to have any of the boxes to check what race we are? This is another reason why people can't discuss politics, some of you get bent out of shape when others don't share the same narrative as you. I chimed in because of some of the attacks that were directed towards Mac.

• I must say I am a little indecisive on the BLM slogan. I would simply prefer something like "ALL LIVES MATTER." I m concerned BLM attracts too many white supremacists, who could have triggered some of the looting as well.
  • The way I see it, we're all "children of God," and my God believes in all his children and equal treatment thereof.This includes blacks, whites, + Latinos, Asians, etc..;
OFC

• I must say I am a little indecisive on the BLM slogan. I would simply prefer something like "ALL LIVES MATTER." I m concerned BLM attracts too many white supremacists, who could have triggered some of the looting as well.
  • The way I see it, we're all "children of God," and my God believes in all his children and equal treatment thereof.This includes blacks, whites, + Latinos, Asians, etc..;
OFC

Unlike a lot of people who say stuff like this, your heart seems in the right place.

All Lives Matter, just like the stupid Blue Lives Matter things, started as a retort to the Black Lives Matter movement.

It goes back to my first post in thread. A bunch of white folks, rather than listen, decided to tell Blacks they were wrong about their own damn life experiences and then gave birth to the slogan All Lives Matter. All lives do matter, but the 12 year-old white kid playing with a Nerf gun in an upscale suburban park who went home for dinner was not the focal point of this; the Black kid who was doing the same thing and didn't ever see his mom again was, hence the name.

One other thing I'd like to point out to guys like @dukesince91 and @Mac9192, if we've come so damn far as a people in terms of race, please watch Tucker Carlson.

Last night, he basically told his 4 million viewers that BLM is not actually about police reform but getting rid of them so they can take over your neighborhood. "They're coming for you," he said.

Think about that. Fox News pays this dude millions of dollars a year and he actually hit his(older-skewing, white-skewing) viewers with the same message that launched the Klan. He should have just explicitly told his viewers the savages were coming to take their livestock and rape their wives and daughters, as those are the origins of his whole spiel.

Reactions: TheDude1 and df64

Man, I didn't even post anything yet, and I'm already getting attacked? WTF?

How about this; I won't nitpick it and show everyone why I'm the smartest person in the room, since I don't think that is true.

But I WILL take what you wrote seriously and respond to each point thoroughly. Because your words matter, and I will take them seriously.

I hope that is okay.

The problem with most of us and I'm including myself is that we can't keep an open mind and try to find a middle ground.

I don't think that is true. There are plenty of things we can find middle ground on... in fact, I think most of us have far more in common than different.

In terms of "Is there systemic racism against African Americans in our justice system" what middle ground do you want us to find?

Racism will always exist...

Yep... the "our tribe vs yours" is a powerful thing.

if we continue with white supremacy and black lives matter.

Whoa whoa whoa. What? Did you just present...

A) an ideology that believes in the superiority of a race, that supports the genocide of other races, that is responsible for millions of deaths in World War 2 and thousands of deaths in the United States, that was, IN THE LIFETIME OF PEOPLE ALIVE TODAY, hanging black men from trees and cutting off their penises and shoving them in their mouths, all in front of their children... was hanging pregnant black women from trees and slicing their unborn fetuses from their bodies and stomped them into the mud...

and

B) an organization aimed at ending police brutality and at reminding people that black lives matter the same as white lives

as... equivalents?

I suppose you think that is middle of the road.

I'm in the camp that all lives matter and that has nothing against blacks

So you believe Black Lives Matter? Good for you! Nice to have you on board! Why didn't you just say that at the start?

I'm sick and tired of the agendas that the media has. If there's anything that is causing division in this country, it is the media.

Ahh, you are one of those, who thinks that division... that's all the media.

It's not a president who mocked POWs and the handicapped, who flubbed negotiations with Iran and talked about loving Kim Jong Un, who was sued by the Justice department for discriminatory renting practices and led the movement that tried to delegitimize and de-Americanize the first black President, who said a woman who disagreed with him was an ugly pig and one that asked him tough questions was bleeding out of her whatever and was accused of sexual assault by dozens of women, who found the time to send out 200 tweets in the midst of a crisis and who faked being his own PR guy to call newspapers to brag about how rich and good in bed he was, who egged on his audience to attack peaceful protestors at his rallys and called for the military to be used against citizens in our nations capital...

No no. It's the media. Because man, when I read that New York Times story from todays edition about police funding... MAN... I get so angry!

I find that the people who blame the media are, generally, people who consume only one type of media... and I'll give you a hint... they aren't NPR listeners;)

I find that the people who say the problem is the media are the people who are easy to sway. For the rest of us, who consume our media with an understanding of the inherent biases, it's a different experience.

Trump has had issues bringing us together as well as Obama did.

Ah, this one.

I'll bite.

I am curious; can you give me three examples of Obama's divisiveness? I'm genuinely curious. Right wingers insist he was the biggest racist in White House history, a race baiter, but they rarely have any actual instances of it to back them up. So please, fill me in.

I do have one question though. How come is you are a multiracial person, and have a parent that is white, the person always claims the minority status. I think it has a lot to do with benefits. One of my friends is Hispanic and his wife is white. Guess what race their children claim?

Uh, what? The benefits of being a minority?

So are there some benefits? Sure... if you can check a minority box on a college application, that helps!

But the idea that it is, overall, a GOOD thing to be a minority in America, that it is a BENEFIT... I cannot even wrap my mind around that idea.

Whites have a 2% chance of going to jail in America, compared to 12% for blacks and 9% for Latinos. Black Americans go to jail for a lot longer time, too... blacks are given 10% longer prison sentences, are 21% more likely to get mandatory-minimum jail time, and are 20% more likely to be sent to prison for an equivalent crime. And black youth have it bad... they are only 16 percent of the youth population, but 37 percent of their cases go to criminal courts, and nearly 60% are sent to adult prisons.

Want to finish college? 72% of whites finish college in four years, compared to 56% of Latinos and 46% of blacks.

And what about paying for college? 72% of blacks end up in debt, compared to only 56% of whites.

Now, how about finding a job? Well, over the last 40 years blacks have consistently faced unemployment rates at least 10 percent higher than whites.

What to be a CEO of a Fortune 100 company? They are 94% white.

The idea that being a minority in America is a BENEFIT... anyone who has read and learned anything, ever, knows that is ridiculous. The only way someone could come to that conclusion is abject ignorance, and the only people I've EVER heard say this are white folks who are bitter something.

Oh, and do you know why people who are half white and half a minority are usually labeled as that minority?

Because OTHER PEOPLE look at them, look at their physical features, see enough of "non white" in there, and say "Well, that person isn't white."

It's super duper simple.

And I promise that they see themselves as EVERYTHING that they are, the same way anyone does.

So! @dukesince91 ... I'm sorry if I was a touch sarcastic here and there... it IS the internet, after all, and this is a touchy subject, and I am only human... but I've taken you literally and seriously, for everything you've posted. I literally took 20 minutes out of a really busy day to respond, and looked up stats and everything to give what I am saying some factual support. And I did it because I believe everyone posting here is a person worth interacting with, including you.

I hope the middle ground we found... that racism will always exist, that there ARE some benefits to being a minority, that we agree that black lives matter... can be enough that you can take seriously my points where we DON'T agree.

This right here.

Last edited:
One other thing I'd like to point out to guys like @dukesince91 and @Mac9192, if we've come so damn far as a people in terms of race, please watch Tucker Carlson.

Last night, he basically told his 4 million viewers that BLM is not actually about police reform but getting rid of them so they can take over your neighborhood. "They're coming for you," he said.

Think about that. Fox News pays this dude millions of dollars a year and he actually hit his(older-skewing, white-skewing) viewers with the same message that launched the Klan. He should have just explicitly told his viewers the savages were coming to take their livestock and rape their wives and daughters, as those are the origins of his whole spiel.

Absolutely disgusting. Absolutely ****ing disgusting.

OFC

The problem is that people are illogical and get defensive.

Imagine two phrases: "All Lives Matter" and "Black Lives Matter"

By definition, "All" includes "Black."

So if you believe "All Lives Matter" you should happily agree with "Black Lives Matter."

You ever notice that is *never* the case?

The problem with "Black Lives Matter" as a phrase isn't with the phrase itself; the problem is with illogical people who disagree with it and get defensive. They get angry that nobody is recognizing them, even though basically the entire country has ALWAYS believed, and demonstrated, that white lives matter... it's never been an issue.

And how much should you change what you do and say because illogical people don't get it?

And I am amazing that so many people who say they are Christian seem not to believe in the tenants of Christianity. The good Christians? They should be all in on social justice... that was, like, Christ's thing:)

Last edited:
The problem is that people are illogical and get defensive.

Imagine two phrases: "All Lives Matter" and "Black Lives Matter"

By definition, "All" includes "Black."

So if you believe "All Lives Matter" you should happily agree with "Black Lives Matter."

You ever notice that is *never* the case?

The problem with "Black Lives Matter" as a phrase isn't with the phrase itself; the problem is with illogical people who disagree with it.

And how much should you change what you do and say because illogical people don't get it?

And I am amazing that so many people who say they are Christian seem not to believe in the tenants of Christianity. The good Christians? They should be all in on social justice... that was, like, Christ's thing:)

Dude this is one area we will have to agree to disagree. My pastor, associate pastor, etc BELIEVE IN MUCH MORE EQUITABLE TREATMENT OF ALL MINORITIES. They very much support the movement for IMPROVING police respect and practices for African-Americans, and peaceful demonstrations. In fact several participated in a march Sunday. I am more inclined to and WILL follow their lead of ALL LIVES MATTER. Our Heavenly Father loves all His Children, black, brown, red, etc.

Besides IMO,African-American actor Samuel L.Jackson eloquently stated it as it should be last nite, :" Black Lives Matter, but ALL LIVES MATTER." I do not think an asterisk will be attached to the BLM however. Just my opinion and my beliefs with my God and my church. OFC

Dude this is one area we will have to agree to disagree. My pastor, associate pastor, etc BELIEVE IN MUCH MORE EQUITABLE TREATMENT OF ALL MINORITIES. They very much support the movement for IMPROVING police respect and practices for African-Americans, and peaceful demonstrations. In fact several participated in a march Sunday. I am more inclined to and WILL follow their lead of ALL LIVES MATTER. Our Heavenly Father loves all His Children, black, brown, red, etc.

Besides IMO,African-American actor Samuel L.Jackson eloquently stated it as it should be last nite, :" Black Lives Matter, but ALL LIVES MATTER." I do not think an asterisk will be attached to the BLM however. Just my opinion and my beliefs with my God and my church. OFC

This is exactly how I feel and how my religious leader teaches. However I can understand that the All Lives Matter expression may have been co-opted recently to mean something different from what our religious leaders teach us.

Ask your pastor about the story of Jesus and the 100 sheep. In short, 1 goes missing. Jesus leaves the other 99 to look for the 1 missing. When the 99 ask Jesus why he left left them, his response was because he is the one who needs me.
That is what BLM is about. Not that the other 99 aren't important. Of course they are. But the one needs the help right now and might not survive without it.

Ask your pastor about the story of Jesus and the 100 sheep. In short, 1 goes missing. Jesus leaves the other 99 to look for the 1 missing. When the 99 ask Jesus why he left left them, his response was because he is the one who needs me.
That is what BLM is about. Not that the other 99 aren't important. Of course they are. But the one needs the help right now and might not survive without it.

I have great faith in my church leaders....OFC

The thing about branding and naming in this context is that it does leave one open for reinterpretation and attack. I understand you are not attacking at all but since your post was a discussion about the two phrases, I figured this was as good a place to post my thoughts as any. I always looked at Black Lives Matter to mean that they should matter as much of the lives of other people matter. I have met some awesome cops in my line of work, but I have also heard a few (and thankfully they are actually a few) comments that make the hair on the back of my neck stand up. Things like "there people don't work," "these people have no self respect.' I also was arraigning cases in front of a judge who was angry with a defendant for not taking what he though was a reasonable plea offer and snapped at his attorney, "what does he want? It is not like he is going to be a doctor or lawyer." This duality pervades our society so I look at these slogans as asking for that to stop. I thought if the signs read Black Lives Matter Too, it might have ended some of the discussions. On the other hand, haters are always going to hate so maybe this addition would not make a bit of difference. Again, I am not pointing a finger at you Hart. Just taking the opportunity to add my thoughts.

Reactions: TheDude1
The thing about branding and naming in this context is that it does leave one open for reinterpretation and attack. I understand you are not attacking at all but since your post was a discussion about the two phrases, I figured this was as good a place to post my thoughts as any. I always looked at Black Lives Matter to mean that they should matter as much of the lives of other people matter. I have met some awesome cops in my line of work, but I have also heard a few (and thankfully they are actually a few) comments that make the hair on the back of my neck stand up. Things like "there people don't work," "these people have no self respect.' I also was arraigning cases in front of a judge who was angry with a defendant for not taking what he though was a reasonable plea offer and snapped at his attorney, "what does he want? It is not like he is going to be a doctor or lawyer." This duality pervades our society so I look at these slogans as asking for that to stop. I thought if the signs read Black Lives Matter Too, it might have ended some of the discussions. On the other hand, haters are always going to hate so maybe this addition would not make a bit of difference. Again, I am not pointing a finger at you Hart. Just taking the opportunity to add my thoughts.

SDevada no offense taken at all....Respect your rights to your opinion. Thanks for disagreeing in an agreeable tone.... OFC

This is exactly how I feel and how my religious leader teaches. However I can understand that the All Lives Matter expression may have been co-opted recently to mean something different from what our religious leaders teach us.

Presumably both of y'all's religious leaders are white, so again I'm going to point out maybe y'all should be listening to Black people about issues that affect them as opposed to the (presumably) white, evangelical Christian pastor of your church about said issues.

@Liftee mentioned the term All Lives Matter being co-opted for something heinous, which it wasn't, as it was actually coined as a response for people who took issue with being reminded Black Lives tend to hold less value in this country than the lives of whites.

However, for sake of my scenario, let's say it started in a positive place and got co-opted.

Let's also say one of you guys welcome a fresh off the boat Brit to your church. Y'all are hanging out and he says he needs to step outside to smoke a f-g.

You politely remind him that doesn't mean the same thing around here and put him up on game about how he might be perceived for saying something like that.

He then says piss off, that's not how I meant it. Now move so I can go smoke a f-g.

That is essentially what you're doing when you disregard being told what the phrase, not the three words, All Lives Matter.

This, all day long.

All Lives Matter INCLUDES Black Lives Matter

Black Lives Matter does NOT exclude OTHER lives matter.

If you believe All Lives Matter, you by default believe Black Lives Matter, and should willing to say it, same as you should be willing to say Womens Lives Matter if that ever gets questioned.

Presumably both of y'all's religious leaders are white, so again I'm going to point out maybe y'all should be listening to Black people about issues that affect them as opposed to the (presumably) white, evangelical Christian pastor of your church about said issues.

Knock yourself out pal.......Ironically you just played the race card.....OFC

Knock yourself out pal.......Ironically you just played the race card.....OFC

I said presumably. If I am wrong, please point it out.

Is your pastor white? If so, do you think he is more qualified to speak about Black issues and being Black in America than actual Black people?

How did I "play the race card?" I know that is a go-to when people hear something that makes them uncomfortable, but come on in this situation? The whole damn thread is about race.

Reactions: TheDude1
I said presumably. If I am wrong, please point it out.

Is your pastor white? If so, do you think he is more qualified to speak about Black issues and being Black in America than actual Black people.

How did I "play the race card?" I know that is a go-to when people hear something that makes them uncomfortable, but come on in this situation? The whole damn thread is about race.

I just take your comments as slander toward our pastoral staff. You dont know them from Adam's housecat and are implying they dont understand. We have a very wide range of folks( including minorities for heaven's sake) and staff is very attentive to everyone's need. OFC

Unlike a lot of people who say stuff like this, your heart seems in the right place.

All Lives Matter, just like the stupid Blue Lives Matter things, started as a retort to the Black Lives Matter movement.

It goes back to my first post in thread. A bunch of white folks, rather than listen, decided to tell Blacks they were wrong about their own damn life experiences and then gave birth to the slogan All Lives Matter. All lives do matter, but the 12 year-old white kid playing with a Nerf gun in an upscale suburban park who went home for dinner was not the focal point of this; the Black kid who was doing the same thing and didn't ever see his mom again was, hence the name.

This may be one of the worst posts I've read, comparing what Tucker Carlson says to the Klan. This is a blatant lie. The cries to defund the police nationally are the problem. ANY person that thinks defunding the police is a good idea has grits for brains. I applaud him for opposing that view. What do you think would happen in a lot of neighborhoods if the protection has been cut? What if there was no protection at all? And it's bad in a lot of areas now!

I watched the mayor of Minneapolis at a fairly large gathering. He was asked if he's going to defund the police. He said he didn't want to. The crowd immediately started shouting for him to go home. What a pathetic group of people. I repeat, a pathetic group of people.

I read yesterday where Charlotte was voting to defund the use of tear gas. Dumb. If you listen and abide, there's a good chance you want get gassed. But would you rather get gassed, or shot? Some of you need to buy a clue. What's next, take away their guns, and give them plastic pistols with the suction cups? As a whole, the police aren't the problem. Quit trying to sell that they are THE problem.

This shouldn't be a republican or democrat thing here. Come on people, stop this garbage. It's already been admitted that the cop that killed Floyd should pay for his crime.
We can't heal if some of you keep spouting this crap.

I'll say this, some of you are only trying to find someone to blame, and to continue to blame. It's nothing short of mind boggling.

This is a common sense thing. I'm wondering if some of you have any.

This may be one of the worst posts I've read, comparing what Tucker Carlson says to the Klan. This is a blatant lie. The cries to defund the police nationally are the problem. ANY person that thinks defunding the police is a good idea has grits for brains. I applaud him for opposing that view. What do you think would happen in a lot of neighborhoods if the protection has been cut? What if there was no protection at all? And it's bad in a lot of areas now?

I watched the mayor of Minneapolis at a fairly large gathering. He was asked if he's going to defund the police. He said he didn't want to. The crowd immediately started shouting for him to go home. What a pathetic group of people. I repeat, a pathetic group of people.

I read yesterday where Charlotte was voting to defund the use of tear gas. Dumb. If you listen and abide, there's a good chance you want get gassed. But would you rather get gassed, or shot? Some of you need to buy a clue. What's next, take away their guns, and give them plastic pistols with the suction cups? As a whole, the police aren't the problem. Quit trying to sell that they are THE problem.

This shouldn't be a republican or democrat thing here. Come on people, stop this garbage. It's already been admitted that the cop that killed Floyd should pay for his crime.
We can't heal if some of you keep spouting this crap.

I'll say this, some of you are only trying to find someone to blame, and to continue to blame. It's nothing short of mind boggling.

This is a common sense thing. I'm wondering if some of you have any.

For the record, I'm not in favor of getting rid of police departments. I've said that several times in this thread. I think the idea of abolishing them is ridiculous and will soon pass. Defunding, however, can simply mean reallocation of money and financial focus.

Now that that is out of the way, Carlson told those old white folks who make up the vast bulk of his audience that this about eliminating police so "they" can take over your neighborhoods. "They" are coming for you.

That's the same line of thinking that produced the Klan 150+ years ago.

I just take your comments as slander toward our pastoral staff. You dont know them from Adam's housecat and are implying they dont understand. We have a very wide range of folks( including minorities for heaven's sake) and staff is very attentive to everyone's need. OFC

One of my frat bruhs, probably my closest friend, is a dentist. He's very good at being a dentist. While studying to become a dentist, he had to take some anatomy classes.

I didn't call him when I seriously injured my knee.

It's not slander to say there were better sources of information than him about what to do about my knee.

[QUOTE="Jtre, post: 11426133, member: 13754"
Now that that is out of the way, Carlson told those old white folks who make up the vast bulk of his audience that this about eliminating police so "they" can take over your neighborhoods. "They" are coming for you.

That's the same line of thinking that produced the Klan 150+ years ago.[/QUOTE]
If you that is what you got out of his remarks, then I can’t help you. This is a ridiculous accusation made by you.
My opinion is that Carlson is saying if the police are defunded, your neighborhoods are screwed. And he’s right. But then, the residents will scream “Where’s the police?”

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT