ADVERTISEMENT

The New Lounge

You dolts just keep lumping everyone who doesn't vote for radical democrats in a single group of trumptards and Qanon whackos. I hope it brings you peace these next 4 1/4 years.

At the end I felt like the story they set out to tell had been told though. Have you watched, "I Know This Much Is True" with Mark Ruffalo? Some of the best acting I have ever seen in my life. A much deserved Emmy for Ruffalo. HBO consistently knocks it out of the park with their content. I've been watching the true crime docuseries, "I'll Be Gone in the Dark", just another high quality series.

I just finished "I'll be Gone in the Dark," and it really was great. Unbelievable story in so many ways.

Over the weekend I caught the Netflix movie "The Devil All the Time" with Tom Holland. I thought it was outstanding. Had the feel of darker Coen Brothers stuff, but without their quirkiness. I thought it was very much in the same vein as something like "No Country for Old Men."

You dolts just keep lumping everyone who doesn't vote for radical democrats in a single group of trumptards and Qanon whackos. I hope it brings you peace these next 4 1/4 years.

There are very few sane Trump people left. At this point, after everything he has said or done I don't see how anyone could support him. And once again, I AM NOT A DEMOCRACT. It's impossible to have a conversation with the cult because they can't get past that fact either. I don't support either party. Haven't for several years now. I am liking what I see from the People's Party movement of late and of course the Greens.

Reactions: bfort2223
I just finished "I'll be Gone in the Dark," and it really was great. Unbelievable story in so many ways.

Over the weekend I caught the Netflix movie "The Devil All the Time" with Tom Holland. I thought it was outstanding. Had the feel of darker Coen Brothers stuff, but without their quirkiness. I thought it was very much in the same vein as something like "No Country for Old Men."

It was a fantastic movie. I was pleasantly surprised.

I have the day off, so I plan on trying to watch, "The Devil All the Time". I am a huge Coen bros fan so that is high praise. No Country for Old Men is one of the best films in the last 15 years. Favorite Coen Brothers? MY top 5: The Big Lebowski, Fargo, Miller's Crossing, No Country for Old Men, and Raising Arizona. Tough picking the favorites there because their collective works are so damn good. Honestly, I have only disliked one film they've made and that's Intolerable Cruelty. Mainly because I just cannot stand Catherine Zeta Jones. Beautiful woman, with very little actual talent. The Fargo television series, (though they have very little to do with it), is one of the best cable shows I have seen. Can't wait for the new season with Chris Rock.

There are very few sane Trump people left. At this point, after everything he has said or done I don't see how anyone could support him. And once again, I AM NOT A DEMOCRACT. It's impossible to have a conversation with the cult because they can't get past that fact either. I don't support either party. Haven't for several years now. I am liking what I see from the People's Party movement of late and of course the Greens.
This is your problem. You cannot grasp the idea that not everyone that is going to vote for Trump is a Trump person. Most people vote on issues not for the person. I don't get how this is so hard to understand. And you can claim all day that you don’t support either party. That's great. But if you can sit back and ignore WHO you are voting for and consider what issues are important to you in order to live the safest and most successful life possible, you will see that it is not the person who you are voting for that matters most.

Now I am not saying that it is completely unimportant who the person is. But this is where our opinions differ. I don't see orange man bad as this evil, racist and treasonous dictator as you guys do. So despite his many flaws and his lack of empathy, I don’t consider him a threat to democracy. I am sorry that you guys can't seem to separate feelings from reality. I guess we have different realities.

This whole "it's impossible to have a conversation with the cult" shit is played out. Go back to Facebook with that garbage.

This is your problem. You cannot grasp the idea that not everyone that is going to vote for Trump is a Trump person. Most people vote on issues not for the person. I don't get how this is so hard to understand. And you can claim all day that you don’t support either party. That's great. But if you can sit back and ignore WHO you are voting for and consider what issues are important to you in order to live the safest and most successful life possible, you will see that it is not the person who you are voting for that matters most.

Now I am not saying that it is completely unimportant who the person is. But this is where our opinions differ. I don't see orange man bad as this evil, racist and treasonous dictator as you guys do. So despite his many flaws and his lack of empathy, I don’t consider him a threat to democracy. I am sorry that you guys can't seem to separate feelings from reality. I guess we have different realities.

This whole "it's impossible to have a conversation with the cult" shit is played out. Go back to Facebook with that garbage.

The fact that you and all the others can overlook his flaws speaks volumes about the character of many Trump supporters. He doesn't care about his supporters. He only cares about himself and money. That's it. And they all buy he's snake oil salesman pitch hook, line, and sinker.

The fact that you and all the others can overlook his flaws speaks volumes about the character of many Trump supporters. He doesn't care about his supporters. He only cares about himself and money. That's it. And they all buy he's snake oil salesman pitch hook, line, and sinker.
Okay man. You are impossible to reason with. I tell you over and over that I am voting on issues, as well as the vast majority of voters. And you can't get your obsession with Trump out of the way for two seconds in order to understand this. I don't care about Trump or who he cares about. I suppose you think that any D.C. politician cares about you or me. Again, you vote based on your feelings, I will vote based on the issues I find most important. Best of luck.

Well, the difference is that Biden does not support rioters etc. He also does not support defunding the police. Your guy actually supports all those odious things, like white supremacy, sexually assaulting women (grab em by the pussy anyone), police beating up suspects (remember the rally where he told the police not to be nice) perpetuating anti-semitism, rejecting science etc. Quite frankly I am not sure what there is to agree with him on.
Wuuuuuut? Not sure you've actually paid attention to anything in the real world.

It’s obvious that these people are irredeemable. They are what they are and I think that’s obvious to most people at this point, however I do think it’s important to expose them and call them out on the BS. This is a public forum that a lot of people look at and they shouldn’t be able to just spew far-right propaganda without pushback.
What's really funny is I pitty people like you. You've adequately demonstrated that you're not smart enough to understand people don't all think the same or value the same things. Really, idiots like yourself who believe you're views trump those of others, are really what's wrong with our country. Incapable of living and let live.

I'm positive people like yourself add zero value to society.

What's really funny is I pitty people like you. You've adequately demonstrated that you're not smart enough to understand people don't all think the same or value the same things. Really, idiots like yourself who believe you're views trump those of others, are really what's wrong with our country. Incapable of living and let live.

I'm positive people like yourself add zero value to society.

As predicted, her comes the name calling, trash comments, etc. It’s all they’ve got at this point. These guys are extremely predictable.

It’s “pity” btw. If you’re going to call someone an idiot you should at least have your ducks in row.

Lol, "it's all they got" coming from the clown whose only retort is reeeeeee cult reeeeeee cult.

This is exactly where the TDS crew is at.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Woman had a TDS meltdown over a MAGA street corner rally then proceeded to hit the vehicle in front of her while police were behind her 🤣<a href="https://t.co/rEVEGeKNaj">pic.twitter.com/rEVEGeKNaj</a></p>&mdash; John D ● (@RedWingGrips) <a href="">September 22, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Reactions: SNU0821
Okay man. You are impossible to reason with. I tell you over and over that I am voting on issues, as well as the vast majority of voters. And you can't get your obsession with Trump out of the way for two seconds in order to understand this. I don't care about Trump or who he cares about. I suppose you think that any D.C. politician cares about you or me. Again, you vote based on your feelings, I will vote based on the issues I find most important. Best of luck.

So decency doesn't matter? Let me ask you this, are you one of the many Trump supporters I have encountered who hate McCain and think he wasn't a hero? Because the vast majority of Trump people I meet and talk to think he wasn't a hero based on the comments of the bone spurs orange king. When did the Republican party become such hypocrites when it comes to the military? I see all the talk about CK kneeling in the NFL as being disrespectful, but Trump can say whatever he wants about servicemen and women without fear of reprisal from his base. He can literally say or do whatever he wants and the cult doesn't care. That's not feelings, it's ****ing facts man. The guy is a detestable troll who has highjacked the "party of the moral high ground". No longer do I want to hear republicans say they're the party of morals or Christianity. That's bullshit. It's all about control and ****ing fear at this point.

Lol, "it's all they got" coming from the clown whose only retort is reeeeeee cult reeeeeee cult.

This is exactly where the TDS crew is at.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Woman had a TDS meltdown over a MAGA street corner rally then proceeded to hit the vehicle in front of her while police were behind her 🤣<a href="https://t.co/rEVEGeKNaj">pic.twitter.com/rEVEGeKNaj</a></p>&mdash; John D ● (@RedWingGrips) <a href=" ">September 22, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Do you need help posting links or something? No one can decipher that garbage. Maybe less “reeeeeee” and more preview?

Do you need help posting links or something? No one can decipher that garbage. Maybe less “reeeeeee” and more preview?
I actually do need help. Ever since the new format, I haven't been able to embed tweets. So I just link the web page. I got to say though. Even a drunk monkey can click play on a video.

So decency doesn't matter? Let me ask you this, are you one of the many Trump supporters I have encountered who hate McCain and think he wasn't a hero? Because the vast majority of Trump people I meet and talk to think he wasn't a hero based on the comments of the bone spurs orange king. When did the Republican party become such hypocrites when it comes to the military? I see all the talk about CK kneeling in the NFL as being disrespectful, but Trump can say whatever he wants about servicemen and women without fear of reprisal from his base. He can literally say or do whatever he wants and the cult doesn't care. That's not feelings, it's ****ing facts man. The guy is a detestable troll who has highjacked the "party of the moral high ground". No longer do I want to hear republicans say they're the party of morals or Christianity. That's bullshit. It's all about control and ****ing fear at this point.
We're done here. You can't get it through your thick skull that I am not here to defend or support Trump. You are ate up.

Don’t worry man, we get it. ORANGE MAN BADDDDDDDDD!

How do you feel knowing Trump is going to nominate another SCJ? A strong conservative Christian to replace the extreme RBG? I know I’m excited.

I actually do need help. Ever since the new format, I haven't been able to embed tweets. So I just link the web page. I got to say though. Even a drunk monkey can click play on a video.

Click on tweet. Press icon in bottom right corner. Click copy link to tweet. Click media. Post that link. Profit.

Reactions: GhostOf301
Don’t worry man, we get it. ORANGE MAN BADDDDDDDDD!

How do you feel knowing Trump is going to nominate another SCJ? A strong conservative Christian to replace the extreme RBG? I know I’m excited.

It’ll inevitably lead to more judges being added under the next Democratic President. I also expect it will lead to statehood for DC, PR, and possibly Guam. This level of hypocrisy is not going to stand. So I wouldn’t be to excited if I were you, it’s an escalation and it’s not going to end the way you think.

Last edited:
We're done here. You can't get it through your thick skull that I am not here to defend or support Trump. You are ate up.

Thanks for answering my questions. I'm not ate up with anything man. Just looking at the facts and seeing them as they truly are.

Why are you excited and what did you not like about RBG? Serious question. Not a preview to a fight.

I have a friend who I never heard talk about RBG until now. She was "evil" according to him. I asked why he felt that way about her and was hit with, "she was for all the things wrong with the world today". I don't know why anyone would dislike her or the causes she fought for.

At the end I felt like the story they set out to tell had been told though. Have you watched, "I Know This Much Is True" with Mark Ruffalo? Some of the best acting I have ever seen in my life. A much deserved Emmy for Ruffalo. HBO consistently knocks it out of the park with their content. I've been watching the true crime docuseries, "I'll Be Gone in the Dark", just another high quality series.
Started the Ruffalo series but could not get into it.Just saw where Steven Van Zandt had a series now on Netflix which mirrors his role on the Sopranos and think I am going to check it out

Thanks for answering my questions. I'm not ate up with anything man. Just looking at the facts and seeing them as they truly are.
Your questions were not in good faith. They are based on your false perception of who I am and framed in an irrelevant matter to the discussion. We don't agree on issues. That's fine and fair, but I will not give you the satisfaction of answering your irrelevant questions when you continually lump me in with the group that you label as a cult. I have explained myself enough. I don't vote based on feelings. I am smart enough to know that no matter how bad people think Trump is, he is not a threat to our democracy. He will be gone in January. Whether it be 2021 or 2025. And we will move on to the next president.

Any other Raiders fans here? I'm in total shock over the MNF win against the Saints. Didn't see that one coming. Love Carr, so I am tickled to see him and the team do well enough to beat a really good team on the big stage.
Giants fan here but could not help but notice how well Brees was protected as opposed to Daniel Jones.It seemed that their was a one to two yard space between him and the rushers.Daniel and Eli before him constantly have people in their face on practically every throw

It’ll inevitably lead to more judges being added under the next Democratic President. I also expect it will lead to statehood for DC, PR, and possibly Guam. This level of hypocrisy is not going to stand. So I wouldn’t be to excited if I were you, it’s an escalation and it’s not going to end the way you think.

God I love the electoral college...

If the Dems pack the court, I would fully expect the Republicans to do the same once they get control again. Hell, they could possibly try and take other measures to artificially tip the scale in their favor.

Sorry not sorry you idiot libs can't win the electoral college.

I have a friend who I never heard talk about RBG until now. She was "evil" according to him. I asked why he felt that way about her and was hit with, "she was for all the things wrong with the world today". I don't know why anyone would dislike her or the causes she fought for.
I am paraphrasing here. But a quote from RBG that would mean a lot today... 'Fight for what you care about, but do it in a way that makes people want to join you.'

I don't think she was evil. Some people were passionate about her being gone because of her stance on Roe v Wade. Something that I don’t consider when voting.

Giants fan here but could not help but notice how well Brees was protected as opposed to Daniel Jones.It seemed that their was a one to two yard space between him and the rushers.Daniel and Eli before him constantly have people in their face on practically every throw
You guys got my Niners this week. But without 11 starters, so... maybe you'll have a shot?

Why are you excited and what did you not like about RBG? Serious question. Not a preview to a fight.
Oh I don't have any issue with RBG. She was a trailblazer for women today and based on everything I've read about her, extremely intelligent and thoughtful as a SPJ. I respect that immensely. We differ on political views. I don't have any issue with that.

I'm excited to put a conservative constitutionalist on the court instead of a political activist.

God I love the electoral college...

If the Dems pack the court, I would fully expect the Republicans to do the same once they get control again. Hell, they could possibly try and take other measures to artificially tip the scale in their favor.

Sorry not sorry you idiot libs can't win the electoral college.

Which is why DC, PR, etc will be added as states and the built in advantage that Republicans have in the Senate will be nullified. The majority of people are not going to be ruled by a minority forever, surely your not that stupid?

It’s not in the Republicans best interest to push this because it’s not going to go down without consequences and repercussions. They should wait till after the election and let the American people decide.

Which is why DC, PR, etc will be added as states and the built in advantage that Republicans have in the Senate will be nullified. The majority of people are not going to be ruled by a minority forever, surely your not that stupid?

It’s not in the Republicans best interest to push this because it’s not going to go down without consequences and repercussions. They should wait till after the election and let the American people decide.
What I take comfort in is knowing you're not smart enough to understand the electoral college. Clearly you can't comprehend why the electoral college is a good thing considering that if we did away with it, several states wouldn't have a say in elections which would be dominated by major cities/states like NY, TX and CA. But, idiot libs gonna idiot lib.

Oh, it's going to happen and I don't think we see DC or PR statehood. The Dems may try and pack the court but the Republicans would then just do the same thing.

I just want to take time out to commend the MODS for creating this "New Lounge." It distracts the idiot participants from regular threads, so we don't have to put up with their nonsense there. It is curious, however, that the New Lounge has so much traffic. I guess it shows, unfortunately, that this Board cares more about BS than it cares about Duke sports, which is sad indeed.
OFC

I am paraphrasing here. But a quote from RBG that would mean a lot today... 'Fight for what you care about, but do it in a way that makes people want to join you.'

I don't think she was evil. Some people were passionate about her being gone because of her stance on Roe v Wade. Something that I don’t consider when voting.

With abortion, I would prefer there to be facilities out there medically equipped to handle them if a woman chooses to do so. So I find myself in the middle with pro-life and pro-choice people all the time. Because I do see problems with late-term abortions unless life of the mother is at risk because of the pregnancy. Otherwise, as a man I just don't think it's my place to tell women whether they should or shouldn't get an abortion. Plus, PP does help women with a vast foray of issues and most of them with little to no cost for the uninsured or underinsured. I know several people who use the PP clinics for their basic health needs. For that they're very beneficial. But that's me, and I realize this is a very complex issue for a lot of people. As far as RBG goes, I think she was a hero to a lot of people out there. She stood for her principles and seemed to always champion those who were disenfranchised or marginalized by society.

What I take comfort in is knowing you're not smart enough to understand the electoral college. Clearly you can't comprehend why the electoral college is a good thing considering that if we did away with it, several states wouldn't have a say in elections which would be dominated by major cities/states like NY, TX and CA. But, idiot libs gonna idiot lib.

Oh, it's going to happen and I don't think we see DC or PR statehood. The Dems may try and pack the court but the Republicans would then just do the same thing.

I believe in a simple concept, that 1 vote should count as 1 vote regardless of where someone lives. More and more Americans are moving to cities every year, which makes the current system unsustainable for the long term. What makes you think that DC and PR statehood are not going to happen? It only takes a Democratic President and Senate. What will happen if TX turns blue (it appears to be inevitable eventually judging by the numbers)? What’s that do to the electoral college?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT