ADVERTISEMENT

The New Lounge

The Dept of Energy publishes a report on the origins of the virus....why? Totally out of their lane....weird

Gotta believe that was the plan to begin with. China funds, oh you can't pay, we'll take that then.
This is sleepy Joes version of playing tough guy. A passive aggressive statement from a bureaucracy confirming what we’ve known for two years. But something we could have been kicked off Twitter for saying not long ago We are in the Twilight Zone ladies and gents

Reactions: smashmouth5
How do you like the idea of taxing unrealized Cap Gains? Wont pass but just the audacity to think that the Government deserves to raid your investment account even though you havent even sold the stock yet...this is most people's retirement funds...coming for your guns, coming for your funds....the grabbing never stops.

Reactions: smashmouth5
How do you like the idea of taxing unrealized Cap Gains? Wont pass but just the audacity to think that the Government deserves to raid your investment account even though you havent even sold the stock yet...this is most people's retirement funds...coming for your guns, coming for your funds....the grabbing never stops.
Doubling the cap gains rate is chilling, taxing unrealized gains is Soviet era shit. No wonder they wanted so many more agents From one day to the next this admin doubles down on stupidity or is it more ideological, to empower govt no matter the effects on the economy?

Doubling the cap gains rate is chilling, taxing unrealized gains is Soviet era shit. No wonder they wanted so many more agents From one day to the next this admin doubles down on stupidity or is it more ideological, to empower govt no matter the effects on the economy?
We wish it was just stupidly. All of what we are witnessing is nothing short of pure evil.

Why would anyone continue to invest? People should start shoving money into their mattresses.

Why would anyone continue to invest? People should start shoving money into their mattresses.
Except that when they remove actual physical currency and go with a Central Digital currency....thats tin hat stuff but give it a google...might be more real than we think! :)

The government wants to control your assets because they are more responsible than you are.

Real tin foil hat stuff.... Everything from your bank accounts to your driver's license will all be tied to your government issued identification number and tracked through a government issued cell phone.

Except that when they remove actual physical currency and go with a Central Digital currency....thats tin hat stuff but give it a google...might be more real than we think! :)
CBDC will roll out in the Sunmer/Fall, and be widespread by Q4 of 2024. Banks and similar will likely stop accepting hard currency by end of 2025.

• Haha
Reactions: Crest is Garbage
Doubt the most outlandish posters will say, but are we still regretting the hire?

Winning the ACCT in no way solidifies the decision, don't get it twisted. But if he went 18-16 and missed the tournament, it would be premature to say he wasn't the guy.

I would say that a Sweet 16 appearance would be a good first year achievement to go with the ACCT championship. Anything more is icing on the cake. Let's also not forget that he is 2-0 vs unc.

HWFILVM5-ONAPFJAPQNBM675-XTI.jpg

I mean, we did lay some epic eggs earlier in the season. But Jon has certainly righted the ship. But those losses still count; as we will not be higher than a 4 seed and get a 1 in the sweet 16. But we are as hot as anyone right now, and we have a great shot at making a run. Is that Derrick Rose?

Well there was a sprinkling here and there who said it was time for K to hang it up and that made no sense to me just as it wouldn’t only giving someone a year.

Reactions: bleediteveryday30
Yeah it is. Quit being a pussy, we can make jokes about whatever the **** we want. Getting offended by that is the gayest shit I've ever seen and I went to the theater to watch Brokeback Mountain.
What in the hell is your major malfunction? How was that a joke? Also, why even make the "joke"? Quit being a thoughtless tool.

Whoever wanted him gone? Dude has barely gotten his feet wet.
I rarely take part in game threads because of the nonstop bickering, but like to read them. There have been many game threads this year where posters have complained about hiring Scheyer and were already counting him out. I just want some of those posters who wanted to trash his coaching when Duke wasn't playing good ball to say whether he deserves credit for pulling it together and completely change the outlook of the season.

I mean, we did lay some epic eggs earlier in the season. But Jon has certainly righted the ship. But those losses still count; as we will not be higher than a 4 seed and get a 1 in the sweet 16. But we are as hot as anyone right now, and we have a great shot at making a run. Is that Derrick Rose?
Unfair expectations are no stranger to Duke. We should have learned that by now. The eggs we laid earlier still count, sure. But let's look at the reality of this team. It could be argued that they have overachieved, really.

Proctor didn't look like he had ever played basketball in his life at the beginning of the year. His development has been monumental.

Lively was obviously struggling to come back from his injury, but also was just never going to live up to expectations. It took a while to figure out the best way to use his skills without putting the pressure on him. He has been one of the best late season bloomers we have seen in a while.

Filipowski was great at the beginning. Then struggled with turnovers and fouls during a poor stretch for Duke. He has cleaned his game up, though still has some head scratchers, and is playing at a high level at the right time.

Whitehead, injured or whatever, was not producing for Duke during the poor stretch. Like Lively, it has taken some time to adjust and find the best way to use his talent without putting too much pressure on him to perform. That is good coaching. He is becoming a big part of Duke's success by being a solid offensive contributor off the bench and a strong defender.

Roach, again injured or whatever, was just not the player we all expected him to be and was a big reason for Duke's poor stretch. His turnaround and ability to adapt and accept his new role has also been monumental to Duke's late season success.

Basically, some of us expected Duke to live up to expectations of 5 freshman right away and were ready to write the team off. When in reality, they are starting to live up to their expectations now and that is because of good coaching, IMO. Don't get me wrong, this team was very hard to watch for a long time, and I turned more games off early than ever before. But it will take more than one year, good or bad, to know how good of a coach Scheyer will be. The people who wanted him gone know who they are.

Ghost, I don’t think there were many who questioned Scheyer’s coaching ability or whether he was a good choice - there were some, but not many Other than that, I think your analysis of the players’ growth is spot on. I know I was surprised at how poorly Proctor and Lively played earlier in the season, and questioned whether either were serious candidates to be NBA ready after this season (I still think both could use another year to improve their stock, but don’t expect it to happen). Anyway, last year Davis was on the hot seat until UNC got white hot, but after this year’s train wreck, it’s looking like the nay-sayers other there were correct. While we got hot this year as well, the improvement in players like Lively and Proctor was more tangible, and I believe a better indicator of Scheyer and his staff’s abilities. I don’t think anyone is going to be questioning Scheyer’s hire any longer.

I was one of those who questioned the hire. I knew Jon was a tactical wiz, I simply did not know he was ready to take the reins of the Duke brand.

Thanks Jon, for making me and others look like idiots.You have truly done something amazing: You have a group of highly touted freshman playing like the NBA is no more than an afterthought to them while in school. This group, embodies the word TEAM!!!!

Oh and Yes Virginia, there is a KARMA!!

OFC

Its a results orientated business and doesnt have a lot of room to learn on the job these days I'm afraid. Given how it started to how it ended under these conditions, i think Coach S has done well to weather the criticism and proved himself. Had he gone 18-16 and missed the tournament then i do think there would have been room to question if it was the right decision to hire him as HC. Time will tell if this season is the norm or the anomaly.

If you want a sharp contrast in what’s going on at Duke and UNC, read this article about Bacot:

https://www.on3.com/college/north-c...ood-north-carolina-basketball-acc-tournament/

We’ve got our guys rallying around each other, and applauding Coach Scheyer for his building them up during the season and sticking with them, and Bacot says “I guess we just weren’t that good”. Wow. Sounds like a serious morale problem over there.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT