ADVERTISEMENT

The New Lounge

Saying gas prices are down 98 straight days is like me stealing 300 dollars from you, and paying you back 1 dollar for the last 98 days and saying look I gave you $98! Look how good I’m doing. Uhhh well yeah, but you also stole $300 and thus still owe me $202.

Gas prices are still well up over a dollar per gallon on average from the day he took office. Fluctuations occur, but this is egregious. It still costs me at least $15 more every time I fill up. Filling up twice a month that’s a solid $30 more out of my pocket.

For families who drive to and from work, dropping their kids off at school etc. that number is much much higher for them. That’s less money in their pockets every month. And with the ridiculous inflation causing groceries to be much much higher, that’s less food they can afford to put on the table every week, month.

Saying they’ve “come down 98 straight days,” while technically true, is disingenuous and it’s the classic fireman who started the fire wants credit for putting a portion of the fire out.
Timo, Timo, Timo. Come on man. How dare you disagree. What’s next? You gonna double down?

Get it together man. Sheesh.

Inflation at 8.3% is the equivelent of one months pay....so you are only getting 11 months on your salary...for those living paycheck to paycheck ( 60% of the US families) that is a lot of pain....more than an "inch"....
And inflation is really more...the 8.3% does NOT include energy or food in the calculation...a manipulation of numbers that has gone on for a while....true inflation is probably at least in double digits

Reactions: KDSTONE
Saying gas prices are down 98 straight days is like me stealing 300 dollars from you, and paying you back 1 dollar for the last 98 days and saying look I gave you $98! Look how good I’m doing. Uhhh well yeah, but you also stole $300 and thus still owe me $202.

Gas prices are still well up over a dollar per gallon on average from the day he took office. Fluctuations occur, but this is egregious. It still costs me at least $15 more every time I fill up. Filling up twice a month that’s a solid $30 more out of my pocket.

For families who drive to and from work, dropping their kids off at school etc. that number is much much higher for them. That’s less money in their pockets every month. And with the ridiculous inflation causing groceries to be much much higher, that’s less food they can afford to put on the table every week, month.

Saying they’ve “come down 98 straight days,” while technically true, is disingenuous and it’s the classic fireman who started the fire wants credit for putting a portion of the fire out.
I just find it interesting that no one has brought up the topic for more than 2 months.

Double down? You’re just a clown, or troll. I stay consistent with my beliefs. Racism isn’t as bad as you try selling it. Of course, you need racism. It’s a diversion from the real issues. Like the border, inflation, how we are perceived across the globe…

You ignore facts, and deny them even when shown you’re wrong. Which is all the time.
Clown, troll, scariest predator on the planet… 🤣

I would say you’re the most hyperbolic person I’ve ever met, but the irony would be wasted here.

Note to self...say gas prices suck everyday. So because it's not mentioned here, it is no longer a problem. Seems like everybody but 1 understands it is still an issue without it coming up constantly.

White privilege and Rush Limbaugh references in the same response. Wow. Moving on from obsession with race and talking about gas prices coming down? Man. I can't tell what is real and what is satire anymore. I haven't seen anyone comment on the grocery prices either. Does that mean we're not paying substantially more for those than two years ago? Has anyone talked about used car prices? No? That must mean that those aren't outrageously more than before either. When is the last time anyone talked about the border? That must mean that the border is secure and there weren't just 2 million apprehensions, shattering the record that was just set not that long ago.

Oh, and I bet now we're going to talk about how inhumane it is for republicans to bus immigrants to lib run, sanctuary cities that claim to welcome them. Even though under the potato in chief, they've been bussing immigrants across the country from day one. But hey, those poor folks in Martha's Vinyard had to share a church and their cornflakes with 50 immigrants for 48 hours until they could finally get rid of those unwelcomed brown people that they claim to welcome with open arms. Lol

And that’s how to use a metaphor to prove your point, for future reference Datt

For the silence on gas prices to overlap so closely with the improvement in gas prices is telling.
Y’all blamed President Biden for prices going up. No credit at all for them dropping? Sheer hypocrisy.

FTR, I don’t credit or blame him for either, but y’all played that card every chance you could.

I just find it interesting that no one has brought up the topic for more than 2 months.
We’ve gotten used to Bidenomics but many out there can’t afford to get used to it because they were struggling to begin with. Datt claims to be a champion of the poor. Why aren’t Dems complaining about this record inflation? They’d be in the streets if Trump were Pres and this had happened. But instead they just laugh and say stuff like “hey at least you’re not sleeping under a bridge”

We just figured that is what happens when elections are rigged ( Facebook interference as well as FBI involvement) and a totally incompetent person is “ elected”.

Reactions: Another#1Dukie
For the silence on gas prices to overlap so closely with the improvement in gas prices is telling.
Y’all blamed President Biden for prices going up. No credit at all for them dropping? Sheer hypocrisy.

FTR, I don’t credit or blame him for either, but y’all played that card every chance you could.
No bc they’ve gone down because he’s tapped the strategic reserves again and summer ended travel wise two weeks ago.

So gas prices didn’t rise dramatically his first few months of office? Due to his shutting down fracking and the pipeline. Luckily for us most Americans aren’t as hypnotized as you by Don Lemon and Rachel Maddow In fact their ratings are on par with a blank screen or a WNBA game

White privilege and Rush Limbaugh references in the same response. Wow. Moving on from obsession with race and talking about gas prices coming down? Man. I can't tell what is real and what is satire anymore. I haven't seen anyone comment on the grocery prices either. Does that mean we're not paying substantially more for those than two years ago? Has anyone talked about used car prices? No? That must mean that those aren't outrageously more than before either. When is the last time anyone talked about the border? That must mean that the border is secure and there weren't just 2 million apprehensions, shattering the record that was just set not that long ago.

Oh, and I bet now we're going to talk about how inhumane it is for republicans to bus immigrants to lib run, sanctuary cities that claim to welcome them. Even though under the potato in chief, they've been bussing immigrants across the country from day one. But hey, those poor folks in Martha's Vinyard had to share a church and their cornflakes with 50 immigrants for 48 hours until they could finally get rid of those unwelcomed brown people that they claim to welcome with open arms. Lol
Same sentence. And on purpose. Have there been any significant changes with any of those other issues you’ve brought up for deflection? Changes that President Biden might try to take credit for? And do those changes so closely align with this thread falling completely silent on those topics?

Would you like to discuss Governor DeSantis’ sending migrants to Martha’s Vineyard? I mean, you brought it up. Kinda weird to predict discussion of a topic you brought up yourself. That’s basically how all conversations start, after all.

And I don’t remember when your baby is due. Sincere best wishes there. Fatherhood is a great gig.

And I don’t remember when your baby is due. Sincere best wishes there. Fatherhood is a great gig.
Desperate to change the subject, he delves into posters’ personal lives to show how classy he is, not like the fire breathing right wingers.

Reactions: Mac9192
Desperate to change the subject, he delves into posters’ personal lives to show how classy he is, not like the fire breathing right wingers.
He’s talked about it here before. He and I have put our differences aside to talk amiably about it here before. Why not let him speak for himself?

What subject has disappeared because I took a one-post break from the vitriol?

So gas prices didn’t rise dramatically his first few months of office? Due to his shutting down fracking and the pipeline. Luckily for us most Americans aren’t as hypnotized as you by Don Lemon and Rachel Maddow In fact their ratings are on par with a blank screen or a WNBA game
I don’t watch either of them.

I agree with President Biden’s decisions there. They did have a detrimental impact on gas prices. So be it.

No bc they’ve gone down because he’s tapped the strategic reserves again and summer ended travel wise two weeks ago.
How does that explain that gas prices fell from mid-June until today? That’s basically the entire summer.

Interesting that you don’t even mention Russia’s attack on Ukraine as a factor.

I’ve never pretended to be an expert on economics, but if you’re pushing an all-Biden blame game, you know even less.

That makes a hat trick. Some of those reserves ended up in China which should come as no surprise since our Pres is compromised.
Ol Datt got a bum hand when Mr Magoo became Pres, but he continues to show up and well he’s trying I guess. I wonder if he feels all warm and fuzzy when he goes to the grocery store or gas station. Knowing that he voted for this.
How does that explain that gas prices fell from mid-June until today? That’s basically the entire summer.

I’ve never pretended to be an expert on economics, but if you’re pushing an all-Biden blame game, you know even less.
I mentioned that the Russian invasion accounts for a percentage of the spike, but again if we had a real commander in chief that wouldnot have happened. Our enemies have been emboldened by Biden’s incompetence. Unfortunately for Democrats come Nov most Americans know exactly what happened and when

If Trump were Pres gas would still be around 2 bucks a gallon. You know it I know it and the American people know it

That doesn’t answer the question. Notice I’m not accusing you of ducking it, though.

I must have missed your including Russia as a factor, though you’re still twisting that into President Biden’s fault, as well.

That doesn’t answer the question. Notice I’m not accusing you of ducking it, though.

I must have missed your including Russia as a factor, though you’re still twisting that into President Biden’s fault, as well.
He’s signaled weakness from the day he became Pres and our enemies have noticed. You don’t think Putin noticed that he and his advisors were university clowns who weren’t fit to run a country. Putin acted accordingly like he did with Crimea. If the Dems win re-election there will be more war, more suffering. That’s what happens when the US goes soft

Biden deserves blame for terrible policies that boosted high gas prices and surging inflation. Let me know when his policies are responsible for easing the pain he and the radical left are causing.

He’s talked about it here before. He and I have put our differences aside to talk amiably about it here before. Why not let him speak for himself?

What subject has disappeared because I took a one-post break from the vitriol?
She was born on August 1st. Almost 3 weeks early. But healthy and happy.

20220831-225109.jpg

Experts say a big part of the plummet is simply supply and demand. When the cost of gas spiked earlier this summer people cut back on driving.

According to NPR, gas consumption is down about 9 percent in the U.S. compared to a year ago. This came as supply increased more than 6 percent – a recipe for lower prices.

Experts say a big part of the plummet is simply supply and demand. When the cost of gas spiked earlier this summer people cut back on driving.

According to NPR, gas consumption is down about 9 percent in the U.S. compared to a year ago. This came as supply increased more than 6 percent – a recipe for lower prices.
So more driving would cause prices to go up? Wow, someone take President Biden’s car keys away!

Wow, can't believe y'all overlooked this! It was on FoxNews 15 days ago, even.

"Since June, though, pump prices have fallen more than $1.20 per gallon."

The last time anyone mentioned gas prices here at all was June 27th. Tell me more about how it's just the left who ignores things that don't fit their agenda in favor of their go-to topics. Or tell me more about how you hate BOTH extremes (before getting right back to criticizing only the left).

You're in luck, though! National gas prices rose by 1¢ today, the first rise in 99 days. Now you can blame President Biden for it again!
Meanwhile the rest of the economy is abysmal.

ps, when you gain 100 pounds but you lost 30, you’re still obese. Keep trying, beta.

So more driving would cause prices to go up? Wow, someone take President Biden’s car keys away!
Effectively Biden's energy policy drove the prices up to a point people stopped driving everywhere or long-distance...so he really took our keys away if you look at it that way. We still face a supply problem so the decline is most likely temporary until people return to the roads. Simple economics.

All you have to do is watch the first 2 minutes. Lemon got his ass handed to him. How dare this woman hit him with facts. The look on his face was “oh shit, we need a commercial.”

• Haha
Reactions: The_Only_Blue
I align more with you, most likely, as a true Independent- I just can’t stand far-right or far-left apologists like Dattier. Likely a Caucasian SJW, who grew up with a silver spoon, yet needs to justify or validate their feelings by using others as pawns.
Yea, I guess so. I have never found a political party with which I could find complete agreement with my own thinking. The far-right and the far-left especially grate on me as they begin to become mirror images of one another. I have never seen the political spectrum as being adequately represented linearly. There is a multidimensional graph, the name of which escapes me without looking it up, that works better, in my opinion.

I got burned out on politics many years ago while in state government. There was some mind-blowing corruption going on which members of BOTH political parties were slurping up whilst side by side. Enemies in public, partners in crime in private. I am thinking about dipping my toes back into politics. I am much older and more cynical now. Some things are just damn impossible to change but maybe a person can try to nudge it in one direction or another.

Reactions: Fourteen44
Yea, I guess so. I have never found a political party with which I could find complete agreement with my own thinking. The far-right and the far-left especially grate on me as they begin to become mirror images of one another. I have never seen the political spectrum as being adequately represented linearly. There is a multidimensional graph, the name of which escapes me without looking it up, that works better, in my opinion.

I got burned out on politics many years ago while in state government. There was some mind-blowing corruption going on which members of BOTH political parties were slurping up whilst side by side. Enemies in public, partners in crime in private. I am thinking about dipping my toes back into politics. I am much older and more cynical now. Some things are just damn impossible to change but maybe a person can try to nudge it in one direction or another.
I have friends that work in gov, a couple very very high up. While they can’t share much, it’s clear the DS corruption runs deep with members from both parties.

If people don’t realize both parties, at their cores, are working together then there’s no hope left for our society.

You are a brave soul if you get back into it, but I commend you if you do. I couldn’t do it……

Reactions: KDSTONE

All you have to do is watch the first 2 minutes. Lemon got his ass handed to him. How dare this woman hit him with facts. The look on his face was “oh shit, we need a commercial.”
At some point we need to move on. I sometimes re-read a letter from my great-grandfather, a Choctaw/Blackfoot Indian, who wrote the story of when the “whites” came and slaughtered his family/reservation. He was young but escaped with a few other kids.

it hurts to know that, “people that look like me”, slaughtered some of my family, but why harp on it? The Ukrainian/Russian in me didn’t have anything to do with it. But people like @Dattier look at my pale skin and assume my bloodline is to blame, and I should be held accountable mentally and financially.

Oil plunged today! Great job, Brandon!

(please ignore the market plunge, massive inflation, and housing getting hammered)

Reactions: smashmouth5
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT