ADVERTISEMENT

The New Lounge

I think that any protester who is vandalizing anything should be punished. People have the right to protest but they should do so in a peaceful manner. Ultimately though, this is a city and state issue and federal officers should not be involved.

I think this escalation is an attempt to change the subject from Covid. A poll can be misleading but not all the polls together. The President is not looking very good in most of them. They know they need a boost and this looks to be the way they hope to achieve that. The protesters shouldn’t be taking the bait.

Reactions: bfort2223
You just have a smart ass reply to everyone...Everytime...and you act like you know everything about everything....I bet you have very few true friends

If you’ve read some of my previous posts, you’d see that I’ve openly admitted there’s a lot I don’t know, likely more than others. I do know a lot, though, about my field and also identifying the SJW clan trying to destroy the country.

Hey man, I’ve been hard on you in the in-game threads. I apologize. Your negativity got to be a bit much but I bet you’re cool regardless. I know Duke games make many of us testy sometimes. I was just having fun with you but won’t anymore if you don’t like joking around lol.

I think that any protester who is vandalizing anything should be punished. People have the right to protest but they should do so in a peaceful manner. Ultimately though, this is a city and state issue and federal officers should not be involved.

I think this escalation is an attempt to change the subject from Covid. A poll can be misleading but not all the polls together. The President is not looking very good in most of them. They know they need a boost and this looks to be the way they hope to achieve that. The protesters shouldn’t be taking the bait.

Just like those polls in 16. And re: covid, the media and CDC are keeping it on life support. It’s losing its luster so they’re leaning on our insane testing volume to try and keep people scared. I’m not a Trump fan by any means, but it’s painfully obvious what the Left is doing. It’s a tired act and most are over it.

Reactions: SNU0821

The federal police are protecting the federal building because the local police are not. The "protesters" go elsewhere, they do not deal with the federal police. They CHOOSE to engage with the federal police.

Your comment on this being a distraction from covid is just nonsense.

That is a little bit of revisionist history. That video was posted and a thread was started that was up for some time. The problem was it elicited a lot of discussion that then devolved into name calling so the mods deleted the thread. It was AFTER that that someone again posted the video. this time the mods deleted immediately given the prior history.
Are you referring to Coach K supporting the sentiment or the Marxist organization?

Last edited by a moderator:
The federal police are protecting the federal building because the local police are not. The "protesters" go elsewhere, they do not deal with the federal police. They CHOOSE to engage with the federal police.

Your comment on this being a distraction from covid is just nonsense.

As I said, the protesters should not be dumb enough to take the bait. Culture war plays well with the base and this is an obvious move to rile them up just like the “caravans” in 2018, the stupid Confederate flag stuff, and the Jim Crowe statues.

The Trump campaign knows the polls are terrible on the Covid response and they are desperately trying to change the subject.

Last edited:
As I said, the protesters should not be dumb enough to take the bait. Culture war plays well with the base and this is an obvious move to rile them up j like the “caravans” in 2018.

The Trump campaign knows the polls are terrible on the Covid response and they are desperately trying to change the subject.
How many weeks were they destroying property and vandalizing the federal courthouse before the federal police intervened? Don't give me that crap about taking the bait. If the mayor ordered his police department to do their jobs, we would have never reached this point. You people always blame the reaction and not the action. I guess you would be just fine letting these cities burn to the ground. I can't say I disagree. But the innocent residents are Americans and they probably appreciate any semblance of law and order they can get. I guess they could always up and leave the place they built their lives and raised their families.

The dumb argument that you keep making that Trump is doing this because of his poll numbers doesn't make a damned bit of sense. He is getting nothing but bad press over this. But he knows that things are out of control and Democrat mayors and governors have no interests in putting an end to the violence and destruction.

How many weeks were they destroying property and vandalizing the federal courthouse before the federal police intervened? Don't give me that crap about taking the bait. If the mayor ordered his police department to do their jobs, we would have never reached this point. You people always blame the reaction and not the action. I guess you would be just fine letting these cities burn to the ground. I can't say I disagree. But the innocent residents are Americans and they probably appreciate any semblance of law and order they can get. I guess they could always up and leave the place they built their lives and raised their families.

The dumb argument that you keep making that Trump is doing this because of his poll numbers doesn't make a damned bit of sense. He is getting nothing but bad press over this. But he knows that things are out of control and Democrat mayors and governors have no interests in putting an end to the violence and destruction.

Just because it doesn’t make sense to you doesn’t mean it’s not correct. You act life half the city has been burned down which is hardly the case. I’ll say again, protesters who vandalize should be punished BUT its a local and state issue. Deploying federal personnel is escalating the situation and that’s the exact intent of the move. They want the subject changed.

The reaction your having is the exact reaction the administration is trying to provoke. If the President really cared about law and order, he wouldn’t have pardoned 7 time felon Roger Stone.

Just because it doesn’t make sense to you doesn’t mean it’s not correct. You act life half the city has been burned down which is hardly the case. I’ll say again, protesters who vandalize should be punished BUT its a local and state issue. Deploying federal personnel is escalating the situation and that’s the exact intent of the move. They want the subject changed.

The reaction your having is the exact reaction the administration is trying to provoke.
Well, since we're repeating ourselves. I will say it again. For 50+ nights these peaceful rioters have been given free reign to light police precincts on fire, bust out windows of businesses and cars and tag anything in sight with graffiti. They had weeks to stop them and didn't. AGAIN, the federal police are not there to patrol the streets, they're not there to crack down on the peaceful rioters. They are there to protect the federal courthouse. If the peaceful rioters go elsewhere, they would never encounter federal police. But they CHOOSE to engage with the federal police. So you saying that it is the federal government who is provoking the peaceful rioters is a flat out lie.

If you’ve read some of my previous posts, you’d see that I’ve openly admitted there’s a lot I don’t know, likely more than others. I do know a lot, though, about my field and also identifying the SJW clan trying to destroy the country.

Hey man, I’ve been hard on you in the in-game threads. I apologize. Your negativity got to be a bit much but I bet you’re cool regardless. I know Duke games make many of us testy sometimes. I was just having fun with you but won’t anymore if you don’t like joking around lol.

Oh good grief

Reactions: Crest is Garbage
Well, since we're repeating ourselves. I will say it again. For 50+ nights these peaceful rioters have been given free reign to light police precincts on fire, bust out windows of businesses and cars and tag anything in sight with graffiti. They had weeks to stop them and didn't. AGAIN, the federal police are not there to patrol the streets, they're not there to crack down on the peaceful rioters. They are there to protect the federal courthouse. If the peaceful rioters go elsewhere, they would never encounter federal police. But they CHOOSE to engage with the federal police. So you saying that it is the federal government who is provoking the peaceful rioters is a flat out lie.

Putting them there, is only adding fuel to the fire. It is making the situation worse. I’m not defending the protesters, they’re stupid for taking the bait.

But, if you think Trump sent those officers to help calm the situation, I’ve got a bridge for sale you might be interested in.

Putting them there, is only adding fuel to the fire. It is making the situation worse. I’m not defending the protesters, they’re stupid for taking the bait.

But, if you think Trump sent those officers to help calm the situation, I’ve got a bridge for sale you might be interested in.
This is redundant. Exactly what this country has turned into. Completely able to ignore destruction, violence and even death. But quick to criticize the response. Hopefully your city or town isn't dealing with these leftist lunatics, you'd probably sing a different tune.

The reaction your having is the exact reaction the administration is trying to provoke. If the President really cared about law and order, he wouldn’t have pardoned 7 time felon Roger Stone.

Have you been through Philly lately? If so, what have you seen in key parts of downtown, specifically since the Floyd protests?

Reactions: SNU0821
This is redundant. Exactly what this country has turned into. Completely able to ignore destruction, violence and even death. But quick to criticize the response. Hopefully your city or town isn't dealing with these leftist lunatics, you'd probably sing a different tune.

Chances are this person is a Caucasian virtue signaler, calling for justice from a spot of suburban “privilege”.

I think the majority of people think that protestors who vandalize stuff should be punished. You might have some Dem politicians who are reluctant to say so, and have a few on the far left who think that destroying statues is fair game, but I think the overall American majority agree.

I do wonder, though... what's the GOAL? Like, if you are going to protest, there has to be an outcome you want. But for a group with no real leadership, it is very hard to articulate a GOAL. And I don't feel like I *see* an attainable goal. That seems like an essential problem; when does this END? "It will end when Racial Justice!" Huh? Right now it seems like it is feeding upon itself... protestors protest, cops and federal law enforcement get involved including some in a way they shouldn't, then more protestors get involved because of that... what's the end game?

It seems endless and destructive right now.

You think it is political? Hm, I suppose I agree, to a point. Yeah, Trump is DEEP underwater in every poll... it's brutal and getting worse. But how does this help? I would think that these images of "Walls of Moms" and "Walls of Vets" being maced is driving away voters... I mean, the Trump base is going to vote for him come hell or high water... how does this help? Or do you think THEY think it helps, and are making a major error?

And the idea of Trump caring about law and order is so painfully naive. He likes the slogan, and that's about it. I mean... he has repeatedly bashed law enforcement, over and over and over, throughout his time as President... and has tons of his advisors and the like getting indicted for crimes. That's just silliness. The same people who think he is about law and order think that Obama was some horrible lawbreaker who was illegally wiretapping Donald Trump personally:)

In terms of taking bait... what bait? I don't think there is a lot protestors as a whole are doing that is inviting more federal involvement... I think it is already there, no?

Last edited:
BTW, @Crest is Garbage and @VaBlueDevil33, sorry to say this, but I would simply put a few of the brand new posters here on ignore. I know they will absolutely attack me for saying that, but I think they are specifically looking to troll at this point, and really it just gets SO personal for them... I mean, I've been told I am a horrible, America-hating, communist with no morals and honor who doesn't actually care at all about people suffering from covid... oh, and I'm a pedophile, too, just like Joe Biden. I literally took them off ignore several times because people were like "Oh no, don't worry, it won't get personal" and every single time, it just devolved into internet nastiness.

For the sake of having decent conversation that doesn't just become personal attacks, I'd say ignore two or three of them, and then we can go back and forth without that.

Just my two cents, for which I know I'll get relentlessly, personally attacked:)

Having a conversation is trolling. Haha. I am giving my honest opinion and if that comes off as trolling because you disagree with me, that's on you. And I have been on this board longer than thedude, just changed accounts. He knows this.

But I tell you what, don't worry about putting me on ignore, I'll see myself out. I don't have the stomach to see the coward lib act like the "leader" of the thread anyways. Have fun with that.

I think the majority of people think that protestors who vandalize stuff should be punished. You might have some Dem politicians who are reluctant to say so, and have a few on the far left who think that destroying statues is fair game, but I think the overall American majority agree.

I do wonder, though... what's the GOAL? Like, if you are going to protest, there has to be an outcome you want. But for a group with no real leadership, it is very hard to articulate a GOAL. And I don't feel like I *see* an attainable goal. That seems like an essential problem; when does this END? Right now it seems like it is feeding upon itself... protestors protest, cops and federal law enforcement get involved including some in a way they shouldn't, then more protestors get involved because of that... what's the end game?

You think it is political? Hm, I suppose I agree, to a point. Yeah, Trump is DEEP underwater in every poll... it's brutal and getting worse. But how does this help? I would think that these images of "Walls of Moms" and "Walls of Vets" being maced is driving away voters... I mean, the Trump base is going to vote for him come hell or high water... how does this help? Or do you think THEY think it helps, and are making a major error?

In terms of taking bait... what bait? I don't think there is a lot protestors as a whole are doing that is inviting more federal involvement... I think it is already there, no?

Unfortunately, I don’t think these protesters have an attainable goal at this point. There’s no centralized leadership or message and that is not a recipe for success. Also, the second any protest turns violent they’ve lost the high ground. I think you’re right about the escalation cycle. Both sides are now in a lose-lose situation.

For the second part, I think they think it helps and time will tell if they are correct. It’s a long time until the election and a lot can change. I think it’s telling they brought back the Virus briefing last week. They know that’s a weak point for them and they’re trying to figure out how to navigate the fact that it didn’t just “disappear” in the Summer. I do think this pivot is key for the campaign. They have to change the narrative and time is running out.

I think the campaign is making a mistake in what they are talking about. Trump should be laser focused on talking about the economy. It’s always been a strong point for him. All this other stuff divides people and does nothing to help him get re-elected. I don’t think he’s disciplined enough to stay on that message though. Which I’m thankful for.

Unfortunately, I don’t think these protesters have an attainable goal at this point. There’s no centralized leadership or message and that is not a recipe for success. Also, the second any protest turns violent they’ve lost the high ground. I think you’re right about the escalation cycle. Both sides are now in a lose-lose situation.

For the second part, I think they think it helps and time will tell if they are correct. It’s a long time until the election and a lot can change. I think it’s telling they brought back the Virus briefing last week. They know that’s a weak point for them and they’re trying to figure out how to navigate the fact that it didn’t just “disappear” in the Summer. I do think this pivot is key for the campaign. They have to change the narrative and time is running out.

I think the campaign is making a mistake in what they are talking about. Trump should be laser focused on talking about the economy. It’s always been a strong point for him. All this other stuff divides people and does nothing to help him get re-elected. I don’t think he’s disciplined enough to stay on that message though. Which I’m thankful for.

Agree that it is very much a lose-lose. So what leader steps up and brings it to an end? I'd normally say a President, but Trump won't do that. So... what's going to happen?

I saw an interesting report... maybe from the WaPost... about Trump starting to change his tune a bit because his campaign folks made it clear that the places that they will depend on for votes are starting to really take a hit from covid, and that if he wants to win their votes he will have to change his style. That sounds about right, in terms of the politics of it.

Ooo, just saw the baseball news.. that's not good.

If adults can't handle sports, how on earth are kids going to handle school?

Blech.

Interesting piece about the Portland protests from former Trump DHS spokesperson Dave Lapan.

https://www.justsecurity.org/71696/...damaging-to-our-government-and-our-democracy/

I believe deeply that how our government’s security forces are seen by the American public is critical to their ability to protect us and our ability to maintain a healthy democracy. That belief comes from experience: I served for decades in the U.S. Marine Corps, as a Department of Defense spokesperson, and as the Trump administration’s first Department of Homeland of Security spokesperson. It’s as an American who cares profoundly about the missions of both DOD and DHS—and believes their reputations are essential to achieving those missions—that I’ve followed the Trump administration’s heavy-handed response to protests across the country in recent months, and especially DHS’s role in that response. And I’m appalled by what I’m seeing. It’s damaging to DHS, and it’s damaging to American democracy.

Agree that it is very much a lose-lose. So what leader steps up and brings it to an end? I'd normally say a President, but Trump won't do that. So... what's going to happen?

I saw an interesting report... maybe from the WaPost... about Trump starting to change his tune a bit because his campaign folks made it clear that the places that they will depend on for votes are starting to really take a hit from covid, and that if he wants to win their votes he will have to change his style. That sounds about right, in terms of the politics of it.

The onus is on the Governors and Mayors to solve the problems in the cities and I’m sure if the populace is not satisfied with their efforts, they will show them in November. It’s not a federal issue though. I’m shocked the states rights people are not all over this....lol I’m actually not shocked at all.

I think Trump and his campaign have had a wake up call with the polls that have come out recently. They’re terrible and impossible to spin into a favorable way. I’m sure the campaign is pushing a change in tone but I doubt it will hold with such an undisciplined candidate. He’s literally his own worst enemy.

It would have been far easier to work towards a solution from the beginning than trying to scramble for one now. This quote from a Post article is right on I think:

“People close to Trump, many speaking anonymously to share candid discussions and impressions, say the president’s inability to wholly address the crisis is due to his almost pathological unwillingness to admit error; a positive feedback loop of overly rosy assessments and data from advisers and Fox News; and a penchant for magical thinking that prevented him from fully engaging with the pandemic.”

Had he even pretended to be a leader in any of this we would be having a completely different conversation.

Last edited:

Who should the federal government rely on to defend a federal building, then?

The local and state police? Do you see how well that’s gone lately?

The onus is on the Governors and Mayors to solve the problems in the cities and I’m sure if the populace is not satisfied with their efforts, they will show them in November. It’s not a federal issue though. I’m shocked the states rights people are not all over this....lol I’m actually not shocked at all.

I think Trump and his campaign have had a wake up call with the polls that have come out recently. They’re terrible and impossible to spin into a favorable way. I’m sure the campaign is pushing a change in tone but I doubt it will hold with such an undisciplined candidate. He’s literally his own worst enemy.

It would have been far easier to work towards a solution from the beginning than trying to scramble for one now. This quote from a Post article is right on I think:

“People close to Trump, many speaking anonymously to share candid discussions and impressions, say the president’s inability to wholly address the crisis is due to his almost pathological unwillingness to admit error; a positive feedback loop of overly rosy assessments and data from advisers and Fox News; and a penchant for magical thinking that prevented him from fully engaging with the pandemic.”

Had he even pretended to be a leader in any of this we would be having a completely different conversation.

If the onus is on governors and mayors to protect a FEDERAL building, and they are not willing to protect that FEDERAL building, what should be done?

Please be able to use common sense with this.

If you guys enjoy playing xbox at all, never play with @TheDude1

Says the guy who is LITERALLY texting me at this moment...

text.jpg

and who texts daily about playing xbox:)

You realize SNU likes your post bc he takes it seriously, right?:)

Says the guy who is LITERALLY texting me at this moment...

text.jpg

and who texts daily about playing xbox:)

You realize SNU likes your post bc he takes it seriously, right?:)
He knows I carry you nightly. He’s seen it in person on RDR. I’ve saved your ass idk how many times

Reactions: Fourteen44
He knows I carry you nightly. He’s seen it in person on RDR. I’ve saved your ass idk how many times

you keep talking this way, and I’ll stop playing with you and pick up another point guard, like that Airsaucer guy.

Reactions: JimboBBN
If the onus is on governors and mayors to protect a FEDERAL building, and they are not willing to protect that FEDERAL building, what should be done?

Please be able to use common sense with this.

Anyone who damages property should be held accountable for their actions and punished accordingly. I am not disagreeing on that point.

I am saying that the very public announcement by the administration of the deployment was meant to escalate the violence and it has succeeded in doing so.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT