ADVERTISEMENT

The Last Ride

I'm gonna value every moment of this year. I don't think it has really hit me yet that this indeed his last ride. We as Duke fans have really been blessed the last forty plus years. I don't think as a fan base we wil realize his magnitude and influence on the game until after he is gone. May we support Duke and Jon just the way Coach K expects us to do. Great thread. OFC

Last edited:
Idk if I want to cry or get hyped. Amazing video, let's get #6.
I’m glad Coach is going out when in relatively good health. I know he famously doesn’t golf but he can spend time with the grandkids and read and help with the housework! I’d recommend fishing as a new hobby. Those waters off myrtle beach are teeming with beasts! We love ❤️ you Coach!

I'm gonna value every moment of this year. I don't think it has really hit me yet that this indeed his last ride. We as Duke fans have really been blessed the last forty plus years. I don't think as a fan base we wil realize his magnitude and influence on the game until after he is gone. May we support Duke and Jon just the way Coach K expects us to do. Great thread. OFC
Well said. Because the value of the game has declined our love and gratitude for K should not Let’s look back to 1984 when it seemed inevitable that we would forever be in that light blue shadow and Coach pulled us out of it one big trophy at a time

Love K but when Coach Bubas and Coach Foster left it shook me up more.Guess being an old fart puts things in a different perpective

Reactions: KDSTONE
Awesome video. I was at Duke when we went through 3 coaches in 4 years, and would have sold my soul to see my school just reach the mountain top, never mind sit there for these many years. I’ve been blessed to have been at Duke’s last 3 national championships, and the ‘92 Eastern Regional versus Kentucky (as an aside, watch the One Shining Moment for 1992 - the very first thing you’ll see is my wife’s hands holding her “Duke2X” vanity license plate , a video taken by CBS right after Laettner hit The Shot - that plate since autographed by K). K has provided so many joyous moments in our household.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT