ADVERTISEMENT

The Carolina Way VIII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cheating Blue Ram ‏@CheatingBlueRam

Given procedural timelines in NCAA bylaws, can UNC have closure in Spring '16 without Bubba negotiating a plea deal?

B. David Ridpath ‏@drridpath

@DevilDJ32 @GeraldGurney1 @DennisG_Shea @AuthorPMBarrett @sganim @macwfnz @CheatingBlueRam he really can't negotiate anything by rule

Cheating Blue Ram ‏@CheatingBlueRam

@drridpath OK. Can they plead guilty to the allegations and avoid the NCAA COI hearing panel?

@CheatingBlueRam no they still have to go through hearing unless both agree to summary disposition which means no issues in dispute and I don't think UNC is considering that nor is NCAA. So a hearing is inevitable b/c as I understand it UNC wants to challenge some of the allegations

The Power K ‏@The_Power_K

@drridpath @CheatingBlueRam Challenge allegations? Why? UNC fans said their is nothing to worry about in NOA...

@The_Power_K @CheatingBlueRam I guess we will. Never has a case gone this far and a school walked. Something will happen.

Last edited:
Hmmmm....

Re: UNC-CHEAT Scandal - When is judgment day?

pointwolf
A wise man, indeed
Rating: 3.1/5 this site
13318 posts this site
Ignore this Member

Is it time for a non-AFAM professor to stand up and admit he had a MBB player's grade changed without his permission?

Actual and cumulative athlete enrollment in suspect classes at UNC. Athlete enrollment increased during 2000s.

CXkRxzxW8AIRlGm.png

unx men's basketball enrollments in suspect AFAM classes jumped dramatically under Roy Williams.

CXkUJF_WYAIZC-E.png

unx AFAM irregular courses offered peaked after Roy Williams' hiring as MBB coach. Maxed out in spring 2005, 2006.

CXlDp59UEAAfPFA.png

unx AFAM irregular course sections w/ at least 4 MBB players enrolled. One course had 11 players enrolled, Spr. 2002

CXlFYEKVAAAe0cg.png

unx AFAM irregular course enrollment by season. MBB, WBB enrollments much greater in spring, as expected.

CXlLy9YUoAAzd6g.png

More unx athletes than non-athletes enrolled in summer suspect AFAM classes.

CXllRM5UoAAH-qu.png

unx MBB multi-year APR rate during and after AFAM paper classes. unx APR dropped after paper classes ended.

CXmg_5JUQAATE6q.png

unx multi-year APR in various sports during and after AFAM paper classes. Biggest drop occurred in MBB.

CXmlvYeUkAEK41i.png

unx men's basketball federal graduation rate vs. AFAM enrollments. 2008 cohort are most recent data avl. from NCAA

CXmzGlKUkAQIL4a.png

Though Crowder admitted profs would not go for this nonsense, unx still trying to call this an "academic scandal."

CXm972qUoAIKAvG.png

If the following is true , how does unx football NOT receive "Death Penalty"-like sanctions? SMU received their harshest penalties not just for cheating but because they continued to cheat AFTER they were caught. No two ways about it. At the very least , that historically lousy-to-mediocre and nationally irrelevant football program should cease to exist for a full 365...

Just another of the gazillion reasons unx does , indeed , suck...

Re: UNC-CHEAT Scandal - When is judgment day?

pointwolf
A wise man, indeed
Rating: 3.1/5 this site
13319 posts this site
Ignore this Member

All I can say is that how many of us would lay their job on the line and be treated like MW and Jay Smith and still walk the streets in Chapel Hill. I will neither encourage not discourage this prof as the decision is for the prof alone. I made a decision many years ago and was fired because of it. It was the best thing that ever happened to me.

unx men's basketball enrollments in AFAM irregular courses by season and coach.

CXpkRrRUwAEHeC7.png

Data show relationship between unx AFAM enrollments and increased GSR. Highest for unx baseball, men's basketball.

CXpc503UkAAS30m.png

unx enrollment data also confirm Willingham info, as reported by CBS Sports. Truth is in data, not unx PR efforts.

CXrSpOFUEAEmUMF.png

CXrSpLiUQAA0WlM.png

unx MBB paper class enrollments by coach. Williams with over 4.5 times more per year than DES.

CXr8DebUoAQ1Jkz.png

unx MBB enrollments in paper class curriculum were almost double that of WBB. Cannot punish WBB without MBB more so.

CXuS50WVAAA3iqi.png

Summary of unx AFAM enrollments. High athlete percentage, esp. revenue athletes. But athletes only 4% of students.

CXuXyi_UQAAwjZ7.png

Wainstein reported that Wayne Walden knew @ paper classes and fake grading. Never told Williams? Not credible.

CXugHNlUMAE9UrO.png

Some logical inconsistencies w/ Wainstein report. unx coach comments not credible.

CXurlP0UEAAQvhr.png

Wainstein rpt. sugg. MBB paper class enrolls fell post 2006 bec. Williams was "uncomfortable". Data show otherwise.

CXuz1zEVAAQ19zY.png

Docs show unx baseball coach Mike Fox lied to Wainstein investig. Requested indep. study, was emailed @ paper classes.

CXvAVgWUAAAwwrX.png

CXvAVdvU0AEaN2F.png

Truth @ why AFAM classes declined 2006+: "pressure from on-high" to reduce #s. Nothing to do with Roy. Walden told

CXvGG0NUkAAZhBe.png

Discussion of independent studies has been focused on AFAM. But took place in other departments at unx

CXvIPOkUkAA62do.png

Does this look like academics driving the bargain at unx or does it look like it's athletics?

CXvIj2OU0AElooU.png

Who is asking for the favor here, academics or Reynolds, the assoc. director of ASPSA (athletics)?

CXvJQ8vU0AEO8T7.png

Idea that unx "found out" about this after 2010 is a lie. Knew about paper classes at least since early 2002.

CXvJ4FYVAAES9vm.png

Certainly doesn't sound as though unx women's soccer coach Anson Dorrance cares about his players' "education".

CXvNk4sUAAQ3NCU.png

Two semesters of Swahili, can't even say "hello". "Education" for athletes at unx. Yet RW claims athletes did work.

CXvTL8HUMAMOlPq.png

unx athletes got to pick who graded AFAM papers. Players, Kleisser, others knew. Coaches cannot claim ignorance.

CXvloZMUwAAly_i.png

Four primary majors among student athletes at unx. 1 investigated, 1 found fraudulent. Maybe investigate the rest?

CXvps8fUAAA8TJg.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT