ADVERTISEMENT

Texas Tech

This season will have it's ups and downs, but this one is gonna be an up! I think we win handily, lead by 10 at half and pull away to win by 20+ in the last 5 mins. K will have them performing on this big stage! Let's avoid that sluggish start and come out firing!!!

Reactions: Jnigh
Unless we shoot better than we have been I think we struggle to cover. I am not sure how the game goes but they are really, really good defensively and will make things really tough for us on the offensive end.

I actually thought the game-line would be higher, the fact that it's 8.5 has my eyebrow raised.
One thing in our favor...the crowd at MSG should be majority Duke. Nothing against Texas Tech, I don't think they will have a lot of fans making the trip from Texas to NYC.

If we shoot well, I think we cruise easy. If we shoot poorly, I think it'll be a dog-fight, a lot like the Auburn game where we can never put them away but the game is never truly in doubt.

Last edited:
I actually thought the game-line would be higher, the fact that it's 8.5 has my eyebrow raised.
One thing in our favor...the crowd at MSG should be majority Duke. Nothing against Texas Tech, I don't think they will have a lot of fans making the trip from Texas to NYC.

If we shoot well, I think we cruise easy. If we shoot poorly, I think it'll be a dog-fight, a lot like the Auburn game where we can never put them away but the game is never truly in doubt.

Duke for sure should have more fans, especially the T shirt variety. Our ticket office sold our allotment very quickly. Seems like we have a decent crowd coming to this game. Lots of Texans like myself gladly making the trip to NYC to experience the Holidays and enjoy a little b-ball. Hoping we can make a game of it!

Can anyone tell me what time warmups are likely to start? I have tickets, and my son and I want to get there early enough to see the team shoot around. Thx.

Can anyone tell me what time warmups are likely to start? I have tickets, and my son and I want to get there early enough to see the team shoot around. Thx.
6:30 they will probably run out on the court.
The warmups usually begin when the clock has about 25 minutes left on it, so probably between 6:35 and 6:40 is when "dunk-lines" will start.

The warmup we had for the Champions Classic was awesome, UK became scared very quickly, I think we had them beat before the game tipped off.

Thanks Jwill. We will be sure to be seated and to look intimidating in our Duke gear! :)

What is a "T shirt" fan? Not familiar with that one
Just another way of saying bandwagon. We have those, sure, but every good team does.
Take the Pittsburgh Steelers. Almost every Steelers fan I know is in their late 40’s to 55. Guess when they were dominant?

It’s a term we use down here, typically aimed at Texas Longhorn “fans” who claim the school as their own, but have never set foot on campus.

A distinction between alumni and front-runners.
Go away tool bag. Hope you enjoy the sound of all those t shirt fans when Duke dunks on your team

1. I’m the one who explained it to you, not the one who said it.
2. It’s only a slam if you are a t shirt fan.
3. I doubt very many Duke fans in the building tonight will be t shirt fans.
4. Enjoy the game.

If you or your brethren who began the convo are under the impression that 100% of any given collegiate team's fans are all graduates of said university, you are an incredibly stupid person. I know that is harsh, but there is no other way to say that.

T-shirt fan is a Tar Hole fan who wears his Fave SEC team TEE in fall and hole shirt during basketball season. You cant find this fan wearing the unc tee during football season...

OFC
#HofCoachRoyKnew

If you or your brethren who began the convo are under the impression that 100% of any given collegiate team's fans are all graduates of said university, you are an incredibly stupid person. I know that is harsh, but there is no other way to say that.
Not under that impression at all, friend. It’s just one way to draw a distinction between alumni who have an investment in the institution and more casual fans.

Reactions: ts3231
Unless we shoot better than we have been I think we struggle to cover. I am not sure how the game goes but they are really, really good defensively and will make things really tough for us on the offensive end.
Before you crown them as Defensive juggernauts take a look at who they’ve played.

Reactions: QC Dukie
Not under that impression at all, friend. It’s just one way to draw a distinction between alumni who have an investment in the institution and more casual fans.

These statements always bug me. I'm sorry I didn't have the money to go to Duke and most likely the grades? That means I'm just a casual fan? I may not be as close to the program as some, but I have watched 95% of Duke games since I was 10 years old. I know every player on every team. I know every freshman's game before they even step on campus. But because I didn't attend Duke, I'm not a true fan?

That's bogus logic. What about pro teams, what are the rules there?

You are arrogant and insecure at the same time. No small feat.

Just another way of saying bandwagon. We have those, sure, but every good team does.
Take the Pittsburgh Steelers. Almost every Steelers fan I know is in their late 40’s to 55. Guess when they were dominant?

And most of them didn't attend, have no affiliation Pittsburg university! :D

Reactions: consman
These statements always bug me. I'm sorry I didn't have the money to go to Duke and most likely the grades? That means I'm just a casual fan? I may not be as close to the program as some, but I have watched 95% of Duke games since I was 10 years old. I know every player on every team. I know every freshman's game before they even step on campus. But because I didn't attend Duke, I'm not a true fan?

That's bogus logic. What about pro teams, what are the rules there?

Typical way to display hatred and tske shots at a program that your program can't begin to compare to. The jealousy isn't isolated to the East!!

Reactions: hallside
I'll be honest....I had no idea Texas Tech basketball fans actually existed in this world. That's amazing. I thought the only thing they cared about was making sure the football game wins at least 6 games a year.

Reactions: DukefanKY
I'll be honest....I had no idea Texas Tech basketball fans actually existed in this world. That's amazing. I thought the only thing they cared about was making sure the football game wins at least 6 games a year.

Nothing like a game against Duke to bring roaches out of the woodwork.

Question,
If you actually bought your Tee shirt ON campus, is there extra credit for that??!!

Reactions: jwill133
The line opened at Duke -7.5 and has grown to 10. I guess not many people were putting money on Texas Tech at 7.5. I think Duke will pull away at the very end off of RJ making it to the line over and over. I sure hope all of our corner 3's go in.

Reactions: dukehokie
That seemed like a passive/aggressive dick move. But maybe I read it wrong.
Greetings duke people :)

To answer this question, it is common vernacular we use in the state of Texas to describe fans of a particular team that didn’t actually attend or have no other connection to the team beyond the T-shirt they bought. This is usually reserved for Longhorn fans.

Truthfully, it is such a common term we use now that it flows pretty freely and I honestly don’t think any negativity towards Duke was meant. Quite the opposite, in fact. It has the implication that Duke is so successful and historically powerful that they have amassed fans that other teams dont usually come by arbitrarily.

At any rate, here’s hoping we see a hard-fought great game of basketball and meet again on a bigger stage in March

Reactions: redraiderrocco
Raider fans, while you’re here, what do you think of the matchup today?
Really intrigued and looking forward to it. We haven’t seen an offense as strong as Duke, but I don’t think you’ve come up against our level of defense this year. Classic irresistible force/immovable object battle.

NBA scouts will be all over the Barrett/Culver matchup. Whether Barrett can shake Culver’s defense will be key. My biggest concern on our side is size/bulk in the paint. Zion is a monster and we’ve got a shotblocker in Owens, but he is going to get pushed around.

If the score stay in the 60’s, I like our chances. Anything above 75 and it’s Duke’s game.

Reactions: dukehokie
Really intrigued and looking forward to it. We haven’t seen an offense as strong as Duke, but I don’t think you’ve come up against our level of defense this year. Classic irresistible force/immovable object battle.

NBA scouts will be all over the Barrett/Culver matchup. Whether Barrett can shake Culver’s defense will be key. My biggest concern on our side is size/bulk in the paint. Zion is a monster and we’ve got a shotblocker in Owens, but he is going to get pushed around.

If the score stay in the 60’s, I like our chances. Anything above 75 and it’s Duke’s game.

I agree. If Duke is scoring in the 60’s, there’s a lot going wrong. We lose if that’s the case.

Tonight is one of those nights Cam needs to show up, because I’m sure RJ is number 1, 2, and 3 on the scouting report.

Reactions: marching_band_mark
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT