ADVERTISEMENT

Texas Tech

8 offensive fouls and Zion fouled out, but we got all the cals though. One of us, Sky, isn't sending the refs what they're owed.

If teams are going to take these BS flops every time Zion drives then he needs to pick out their best low post defender and run through his ass with his shoulder down on the way to the goal. See how many charges guys step in for when he sends their baddest dude into the 3rd row.

If teams are going to take these BS flops every time Zion drives then he needs to pick out their best low post defender and run through his ass with his shoulder down on the way to the goal. See how many charges guys step in for when he sends their baddest dude into the 3rd row.

Until we make jump shots, this is going to be the play against Duke. Pure and simple. Pack it in and dare Duke to beat you from the perimeter. It's your best game plan.

Reactions: skysdad
Until we make jump shots, this is going to be the play against Duke. Pure and simple. Pack it in and dare Duke to beat you from the perimeter. It's your best game plan.
As it should be. Blueprint against this team is obvious.

Totally agree with you but there’s a way to make guys a whole lot more hesitant to step in for a charge when you’re Zions size.

Totally agree with you but there’s a way to make guys a whole lot more hesitant to step in for a charge when you’re Zions size.
Old school players would know exactly what to do. I just don’t see that mentality in today’s players. Of course the rules are much different too.

Reactions: skysdad
Old school players would know exactly what to do. I just don’t see that mentality in today’s players. Of course the rules are much different too.

The way I look it if you decide to step in front of Zion and flop the Zion needs to get his money's worth and make it hurt. It won't take very long before the word gets around that it ain't worth it. "You go out there and do it Coach . "OFC

Reactions: dukesince91
First off, this game is a perfect example of why you should not bet a Duke game this year. A close game, that looked like Texas Tech might win straight up, but at least win being given 10 points, Duke covers...

Second, I was thoroughly unimpressed by Texas Tech. Credit to them for making chicken salad out of chicken crap on a few broken plays (traveling anyone?). However, they seemed to come up gold until the end of the game on the play.

Second, the whistle was charge happy (not necessarily favoring TT, just happened the charging whistle came up big for TT). Duke was called for like six charges while TT was called for one block. In no universe is 85% of charge/block calls going to be charges. If half of those (rightly) are called blocks, we get to the free throw line and maybe even have an and-1. Not to mention the OBVIOUS goaltend missed on a foul. Williamson made both free throws, but still...

Pretty much everything went right for TT and everything went wrong for Duke, and they still won. If Duke even make 2 of those threes they missed until they made one, this is an entirely different ballgame. There was no flow.

Texas Tech may be a good team, but I need to see more. Wins against an ok Nebraska team and a .500 USC team on a neutral court does not impress me. Credit to them for not wimping out after a dominant Duke start, but lets hold off on the challenging Kansas for a Big 10-12 title just yet...

But then again, I was thoroughly unimpressed by the other team when my college's WBB team lost by 33, so what do I know...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT