ADVERTISEMENT

Terrence Clarke mom throwing shade at Duke

DukeRulesBasketball

Devils Illustrated Hall of Famer
Aug 20, 2015

We never offered him, but the way I always understood is that they were wanting a Duke offer. No reason to throw shade unless u aren’t happy with where he’s going. If you are happy with Kentucky, why do u feel the need to throw shade at Duke? That’s the way I look at it at least.

Last edited:
Reactions: OldasdirtDevil
The kid attends prep school in freaking New Hampshire. Anyone else been to New Hampshire?? Not exactly a breeding ground for rough and tough kids.

Sounds like the mom is just upset we didn't recruit her son harder.

Reactions: DukeDenver
Would have loved to get this kid on the roster - he can play and he brings a ton of that infectious energy. He'll be one of the best players next year. But we'll be fine. The video just had a clickbait title from SLAM on that.

And I personally feel like she accidentally showed us how Duke was being negatively recruited by other schools. Not to get political on this topic, but how can you want your kid to be a blue devil and then decide it is not the place for him because it's a place for someone like a Carlton Banks? Just my opinion - sounds like another school drove that point.

We never offered him, but the way I always understood is that they were wanting a Duke offer. No reason to throw shade unless u aren’t happy with where he’s going. If you are happy with Kentucky, why do u feel the need to throw shade at Duke? That’s the way I look at it at least.

Butthurt over not being offered.

TC's mom, Isaiah Stewart... why can't you just be happy with your decision and leave it at that?

Then again it is pretty flattering. We may be loved, we may be hated, but we're never ignored.

TC's mom, Isaiah Stewart... why can't you just be happy with your decision and leave it at that?

Then again it is pretty flattering. We may be loved, we may be hated, but we're never ignored.
What happened with Isaiah Stewart?

Must have really wanted Duke and we didn’t offer him, which probably still eats at them because why would u take shots at Duke if u were truly happy with your decision to go to Kentucky? Kentucky must have been his second choice since Duke never offered him.

What happened with Isaiah Stewart?

I can't find the exact quote but basically he said something about other schools having fake brotherhoods and fake family atmospheres. He didn't mention Duke explicitly but his "brotherhood" reference in particular made it obvious who he was talking about.

Reactions: dukehokie
Must have really wanted Duke and we didn’t offer him, which probably still eats at them because why would u take shots at Duke if u were truly happy with your decision to go to Kentucky? Kentucky must have been his second choice since Duke never offered him.
Uk and UNX usually do get our leftovers

know-your-role-and-shut-your-mouth.jpg

I took it as a compliment. Yeah, Duke wants good kids.....
Yeah exactly. Like even if that’s true then yeah thanks. I expect us to not only recruit top of the line basketball players but also top of the line kids as well. They can have all the boogie cousins they want.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT