ADVERTISEMENT

Taking my son to the Virginia game...

TheDude1

Cameron Crazy
Apr 15, 2010
Hey all!

So a friend has two tickets that he gave me for the Duke Virginia game, and I’m bringing my seven-year-old son.

It’s been a long time since I’ve been at Duke and Durham… Any recommendations for restaurants for a seven-year-old or stuff to look at or do? Obviously we’re gonna walk around campus for a long time :) we are flying in Friday evening and leaving Sunday morning.

Last edited:
By the way, practical information about Cameron itself, and the concourse and museum all that, would be appreciated… I went to school there when none of that existed :)

Btw, we are staying at the Hilton Garden Medical Center, which seems to be basically RIGHT on 9th street. Duke buses to the game and back?

So excited!

Last edited:
No tips, never been to Durham, hope to with my son sometime soon. Just posting to say have a great time with your son! What a great experience, one he will never forget! Great job Dad!

Can't wait to see K work some magic and find a way to take down the high flying Cavs!

Let's go Duke!

Reactions: TheDude1
You picked a good one to go to. I hope you get to watch a win. Either way, your son will have a blast. Great memories. Have a lot of fun.

Hey all!

So a friend has two tickets that he gave me for the Duke Virginia game, and I’m bringing my seven-year-old son.

It’s been a long time since I’ve been at Duke and Durham… Any recommendations for restaurants for a seven-year-old or stuff to look at or do? Obviously we’re gonna walk around campus for a long time :) we are flying in Friday evening and leaving Sunday morning.

That’s wassup!

I'd hang out a bit at Washington Duke on Friday evening and during the day Saturday. Might be some autograph opportunities and former player sightings all over for your son.

Tobacco Road Sports Cafe is a nice spot for after the game. They'll have some food discounts for you with a ticket stub. I know a lot of the players families choose to eat there after games.

Win or lose, Saturday evening at Washington Duke will be hopping pretty good. Might not be the most appropriate setting for a seven-year-old, but you're bound to see former players and sports personalities.

Last game I went to was in February 2014. Parked off East for free and road the bus to West Campus. Would recommend that route since you're already going to be near East Campus. Enjoy!

Well, the whole thing might be off… There’s a massive snowstorm coming in to New Jersey the day we’re supposed to fly back:( no refunds on the plane tickets either:(

I just got back from the Cuse game with my 6yr old. We had a blast. Stayed at JB Duke. That was GREAT. He took the loss well. He said “no big deal they lost because we get to see them Minneapolis”...... pretty damn cute- I was a proud dad hearing that!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT