ADVERTISEMENT

Spring Football?

Willcampbell

Cameron Crazy
Oct 20, 2004
No football this Fall...play in Spring instead. Ivies probably doing that. Thoughts?
OFC

I don't see how Duke is playing in the fall. Duke football players are mainstreamed with other students and don't live in a cocoon like Clemson, Alabama and LSU players. I think the SEC and Big Ten will try to play in the fall but the ACC and PAC 12 will play in the Spring. I hope so.

I think someone who is used to the Ivy League would find a league that UNX is in very distasteful. Just my opinion.

I realize Ivy football teams only play themselves (or I'm guessing at least), but I think moving the season to the Spring is a good idea. Otherwise, teams will drop like flies and we'll see forfeits or teams playing at half strength. Of course, ESPN will make the decision I suppose.

I wonder if the trend toward cancelling non revenue sports is a gateway to Spring Football...less conflict. Hmm.

yep , agree 100%-there should be a rule as such on this...
I just saw , on the ND site, that a former GA T and Clemson AD, i think, is expected to replace Swofford. It was posted by Northvannole, who I used to see on the Fl St website. He is usually pretty spot on. Dont know where he gets his info, but , it is usually correct.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT