ADVERTISEMENT

Sports fans you have to admire

skysdad

Devils Illustrated Hall of Famer
Mar 3, 2006
Let's face it. There are sports teams out there who aren't good year after year despite having high drsft choices year after year and college programs thst seem to be perrinial losers. Regardless they have great fans that stay loyal.My 1st pick is the Detroit Lions. They have never been in a Super Bowl in 50 plus years . Theyare in position to draft quality players each year. No doubt it is an owner/management issue. But despite that their fans stay loyal. OFC

NC state fans.. they’re literally not good at anything and can’t even beat their “rival” on down years

Reactions: hart2chesson
I’ve been a Washington Redskins fan since I was a kid, we haven’t won the Conference Championship or s Super Bowl since 1991 and we’ve only made the playoffs 7 times since 1991. It’s been rough being a Washington Redskins fan.

Let's face it. There are sports teams out there who aren't good year after year despite having high drsft choices year after year and college programs thst seem to be perrinial losers. Regardless they have great fans that stay loyal.My 1st pick is the Detroit Lions. They have never been in a Super Bowl in 50 plus years . Theyare in position to draft quality players each year. No doubt it is an owner/management issue. But despite that their fans stay loyal. OFC

Ah, heck sky. I thought this thread was about gary-7!

I’ve been a Washington Redskins fan since I was a kid, we haven’t won the Conference Championship or s Super Bowl since 1991 and we’ve only made the playoffs 7 times since 1991. It’s been rough being a Washington Redskins fan.

I am with you man! it is tough but I tell you what, we all are still loyal!

But you have won The Super Bowl. OFC

Texas Ranger fans. Never been to a W.S. and the future's not looking good. If they have any fans I admire them. OFC

Not so bad now, but I was a Cubs fan for almost 60 years before seeing them win it all, and I was one of the younger ones. When they won, I screamed in delight for 30-40 seconds, then broke into sobs, thinking of my Dad who died before ever seeing it happen.

I refuse to say Las Vegas. Raiders fan, nough said.

Lifelong die hard Raiders fan here. Really struggling with the move. Though I do think Gruden has us going in the right direction as a franchise. My Dad and I have suffered through many long seasons together. The last time they won a Super Bowl I was a toddler. Honestly, as much as I love Duke basketball nothing would make me happier than to see the Raiders win a Super Bowl with my dad. We've been lucky to watch 5 Spurs NBA title wins together, (he's a huge Wake and Spurs fan) and a Braves World Series win. But, nothing could touch watching Carr and Gruden raise the Lombardi Trophy with my dad. We actually pull for all the same teams except for in College sports. It's weird. Anyway, the pain of being a Raiders fan is real brother. But, I bleed Silver & Black. What do you think of the free agency so far? I have to say that Mayock and Gruden have been killing it in my opinion. I think they've really been going after our needs on the defensive side of things. Looking for a wide out first round pick in the draft. Possibly Jeudy?

Texas Ranger fans. Never been to a W.S. and the future's not looking good. If they have any fans I admire them. OFC
Rangers are my 1B team with Yankees 1A, and yes they have been to the series.

My family has had Cincinnati Bengals season tickets my whole life.
I have never been alive to see a Bengals playoff Victory.

Reactions: christophero
That Northwestern kid from a few years ago. A little off bc it’s not an entire fan base but that kid will forever be known by that day.

Braves fans from the 80’s
Cubs fan from about 1908 through 2015
And I have to give a shout out to Louisville fans, not that their teams are bad, but I went to a Louisville - Clemson football game last year. Clemson hammered them, and as @QC Dukie and I were walking out in our Clemson gear, nothing but cordial and friendly comments from the fans. Drive and hour down the road to Lexington and see if that happens.

Reactions: hart2chesson
South Carolina Gamecock football fans. Several family members support them and they never give up hope. Really tough now as they watch Clemson win.

My whole family are Clemson fans except one of my sisters who is a Gamecock fan. To top it off, I promise you she is the ditziest woman you have ever met! She takes a beating!!

Reactions: smashmouth5
South Carolina Gamecock football fans. Several family members support them and they never give up hope. Really tough now as they watch Clemson win.
I am with you. Gamecock football epitomizes mediocrity. Doesn't matter who is coaching. The Chicken Curse is a reality. Prime example: The Cocks were 6-0, ranked in the top 10, and playing lowly Vandy at home. Don't need to tell you who won.

I have a lot of family who live outside of Columbia, SC. They're all huge Gamecock fans. When Duke lost in 2017 to them one of my uncle's and I really almost came to blows. He was so obnoxious. Both the men's and women's teams made it to the final four that season and the women won. It was a big deal down there for them.

Man, I hate Clemson so much, but, I pull for them every time they play South Carolina or when they play for a championship. Watching him flip out and rant over their success has brought me a small bit of joy these last few years. Makes me feel like a bad person though to revel in someone's misery, haha

Reactions: christophero
NC are not our rivals. Except every year when they slaughter us at their place. :)

I would have to go with Buffalo Bills fans. They go to home games in December when the wind chill is at arctic levels and still show up. Yes, it's cold in Green Bay but the Packers have been highly competitive in recent decades in ways the Bills have not. Anyone who shows up in that weather to watch a mediocre football team deserves praise. Or sympathy. Or something.

And it's not like the Sabres are much better. But at least they don't have lake effects snow indoors.

And yes, I sincerely hope the Bills are ready to end New England's division dominance.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT