ADVERTISEMENT

Shot or Play that still haunts you

One of your first posts and you ruin my freaking Thanksgiving?! Mods, ban this guy!!

Well, since my day is already ruined, in the true holiday spirit, let me ruin someone else's. Kyrie's toe stub. Okafor from UConn going over Deng'.s back for a put back and one in last minute of 04 Semi-3 point, possibly 5 point swing if Deng hits the foul shots at the other end swing in a one possession game. Langdon star gazing while a Cincinnati kid crashes the boards for a last second put-back for 98-99's first loss. Alarie missing a foul line jumper in the last minute of the 86 final in a real tight, back and forth game-should have been K's and Duke's first title.

Happy Freaking Thanksgiving Everyone!!!!

Reactions: hart2chesson
One of your first posts and you ruin my freaking Thanksgiving?! Mods, ban this guy!!

Well, since my day is already ruined, in the true holiday spirit, let me ruin someone else's. Kyrie's toe stub. Okafor from UConn going over Deng'.s back for a put back and one in last minute of 04 Semi-3 point, possibly 5 point swing if Deng hits the foul shots at the other end swing in a one possession game. Langdon star gazing while a Cincinnati kid crashes the boards for a last second put-back for 98-99's first loss. Alarie missing a foul line jumper in the last minute of the 86 final in a real tight, back and forth game-should have been K's and Duke's first title.

Happy Freaking Thanksgiving Everyone!!!!
sorry about that,our thanksgiving was last month....enjoy the rest of your day!!

Good one but a sincere question if one of us did that on THR how long before the tombstone came .Shows you the difference between the mods on each board
THR is a terrible board. I don’t post there. I hardly ever read it. Aspire to be much better. Embrace good natured ribbing.

I don’t care if you call me a cheating hole. It might be juvenille but that’s your prerogative.

The worst shot I witnessed in person was Rivers. I was at that game laughing and smiling with a few minutes to go. Man, how quickly things changes.

THR is a terrible board. I don’t post there. I hardly ever read it. Aspire to be much better. Embrace good natured ribbing.
Yeah, it's dumb that you can't do that everywhere, which is not an excuse to get bent out of shape about it here.

In a different way, Heywood's shot haunts me in that it terrified me, and I still have the same reaction as Zoubs every time I see it, thinking, "Oh, no, it's going to go in this time!"

Yeah, it's dumb that you can't do that everywhere, which is not an excuse to get bent out of shape about it here.

In a different way, Heywood's shot haunts me in that it terrified me, and I still have the same reaction as Zoubs every time I see it, thinking, "Oh, no, it's going to go in this time!"
I was watching at my parents house and I swore it was going in. Just missed it. Had it gone in, it would have supplanted Laettner’s shot as the GOAT tourney shot.

Funny at the time we didn’t know how good Heyward and Stevens were. Stevens might be the best pure basketball coach on Earth right now.

I was watching at my parents house and I swore it was going in. Just missed it. Had it gone in, it would have supplanted Laettner’s shot as the GOAT tourney shot.

Funny at the time we didn’t know how good Heyward and Stevens were. Stevens might be the best pure basketball coach on Earth right now.
Another one of our easy paths to the championship Funny a few years later and Butler had better NBA talent than we did

1991 vs. UNLV (final four)... I'm still waiting for Anderson Hunt's three pointer at the end of the game, to bank in!

94 when Collins had a player of the year on the right wing for a last shot and jacked up a contested shot on our last possession.

Jay Williams missed free throw against Indiana

99 UCONN still bugs me to this day

98 against UK still annoys me when I think about it.

2004 against UCONN in the final four is also a big one that haunts me to this day!

There’s so many to be honest it’s hard to zero in one a shot or single play! These are games that really bother me when I think about them because I think what could have been if Duke had won these games.

You young us wont remember Walter Davis 40 footer in '74 that capped UNC's 8pt comeback against a horrendously coached Duke team (Neil Mcgaechy). Cheats won in OT. McGeaechy only lasted one year...O F C

I'm new here,so if this has already been done,i apologise...the one that I still think of till this day is Scottie Thurman's 3 pointer in the 94 Chanpionship game with a hand right in his face,and 1 second on the shot clock...

Good thread. So get a lot of replies. OFC

Don't know about you guys,but I think I feel worse after a big loss more that I feel good after a big win (if that makes any sense)

Yep.....I believe that is due to expectations......we expect to win, so we aren't surprised by it....but a loss is unexpected.

Losing that ship to UCONN haunts me daily. I e never been so disappointed in all my life.

Agreed. Trajan not getting that last shot off for a chance still hurts. I remember being so upset and turning the tv off, only to turn it back on a minute later hoping and praying that a foul was called. I still think he got fouled just like I think Boozer did on the putback vs Indiana.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT