ADVERTISEMENT

Shameless

I get it, tough time to be a dook fan. Numerous flames outs in the tourney and a bunch of players that hate being there.

i am also aware that the majority of dook fans have never even been to NC let alone go to school at dook. But tell yourself whatever you need to to help with the SC lost.

Same can be said ( Times 10! ) for unx'ers. Unless , of course , this is an alumni function...

C74d4p2WkAAXvf0.jpg

Reactions: hart2chesson
Must suck-azz to go years perpetuating a lie ( "the carolina way" ) then have it exposed as such then play the "everybody does it" card then have national media outlets dump on another one of your ill-gotten accomplishments. Boo-hoo. lulz...

Cloud of NCAA investigation still hangs over North Carolina

The self-pity and righteous indignation would be impressive if they weren’t so indefensible.

Williams can spin just about anything with his folksy charm and golly-gee-whiz self-deprecation. But not this.

The fraud is shameful, making a mockery of the very principles of higher education.

What makes the North Carolina scandal so egregious, so infuriating, is the lengths to which the school has gone to excuse it and avoid responsibility for it.

Innuendo suggests something that is not yet proven or confirmed. Something that barely rises to the level of distraction. But the fraud has been meticulously detailed, first by the News & Observer and then by Wainstein, and gets to the heart of the criticism of college athletics.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/spor...ion-still-hangs-over-north-carolina/99962490/

Last edited:
Must suck-azz to go years perpetuating a lie ( "the carolina way" ) then have it exposed as such then play the "everybody does it" card then have national media outlets dump one another one of your ill-gotten accomplishments. Boo-hoo. lulz...

Cloud of NCAA investigation still hangs over North Carolina

The self-pity and righteous indignation would be impressive if they weren’t so indefensible.

Williams can spin just about anything with his folksy charm and golly-gee-whiz self-deprecation. But not this.

The fraud is shameful, making a mockery of the very principles of higher education.

What makes the North Carolina scandal so egregious, so infuriating, is the lengths to which the school has gone to excuse it and avoid responsibility for it.

Innuendo suggests something that is not yet proven or confirmed. Something that barely rises to the level of distraction. But the fraud has been meticulously detailed, first by the News & Observer and then by Wainstein, and gets to the heart of the criticism of college athletics.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/spor...ion-still-hangs-over-north-carolina/99962490/
Must suck to lose to a team who didn't make the tourney for over 40 years.

Oh, this poor guy. Keep trying, my friend… you almost have us all convinced that being a fan of one of the greatest programs in history, with more titles in the last 30 years then your two best coaches combined, and not having been the very face of college scandal, isn't good enough. You're really getting far :)

Seriously, is there a single Duke fan on the planet who would switch places with a UNC fan? Not a chance :)

Poor kid just doesn't get it :)

Reactions: Dad2ze
Why I Hope Gonzaga Beats UNC by 50 Points Tonight

Make no mistake, I hope the Bulldogs romp the Tar Heels tonight.

Many people have asked me over the years why I have such a great disdain for North Carolina. Is it the bandwagon fans, the elitist (and now we know fictional) “Carolina Way”, the lack of knowledge among almost all of their Wal-Mart fans, or something else?

The answer is “E. All of the above”.

The superiority complex that is held by a lot of their fans is grating to the core. The hilarious notion that each North Carolina fan seems to possess is that their beloved Tar Heels have found the secret formula to mesh elite academics with elite athletics over an extended period of time, while no other school has managed to do so.

As the NCAA has continued to show over the past 5+ years, this is clearly not the case. The “Carolina Way” has been revealed to not quite the amazing mash-up of superior academics and athletics, but actually quite the opposite.

The REAL “Carolina Way” means fake classes, tutors writing papers for athletes, “student”-athletes not attending classes, a completely made up major (AFAM), massive widespread corruption permeating nearly every single office of Athletic and Academic administration, and last, but not least, the steadfast devotion from nearly every single fan that all of this is a conspiracy theory and wild goose chase against THE FLAGSHIP University in the state of North Carolina.

It’s hypocrisy and condescension that I hate the most from Carolina fans who either didn’t attend the school, or just don’t care about how these allegations reflect upon the school. I don’t care if you pull for a team if you didn’t attend the school, but what I do dislike is HOW an overwhelming majority of these bandwagon fans choose to pull for the school. Brash, unbridled, and ignorant support of North Carolina, with no regards whatsoever to what these NCAA allegations of infractions mean to people who did graduate from the school.

This will hopefully be another example of good defeating evil, and showing that teams can still win the right way, sans academic cheating, condescension of the highest level, and a “Way” that has led to Lack of Institutional Control slapped on their NCAA papers.

http://www.bloggersodear.com/2017/4...gs-tar-heels-final-four-national-championship

Reactions: topps coach
I missed the part where you answered the question in your beautifully written response.

They're not. They were eliminated from the tournament a couple of weeks ago. Do you need help with understanding how the NCAA tournament works?

So what do you say to a non-UNC fan who claims that what UNC did happens at every school? Even when you say "not to that degree" and they still say it's just as bad at every school. These really are people who are not fans of UNC or being UNC apologists. Legit fans of teams other than UNC, Duke, or any of their rivals.

Who's tired of listening to bill Walsh already!! Godddddd get him off tv already!! Nobody likes him

So what do you say to a non-UNC fan who claims that what UNC did happens at every school? Even when you say "not to that degree" and they still say it's just as bad at every school. These really are people who are not fans of UNC or being UNC apologists. Legit fans of teams other than UNC, Duke, or any of their rivals.
I'd say they were the only school dumb enough to get caught then..lmao ..you can't say they're smart by no means! Lmao ...no way K would let anything like that happen no way .id say kids cheat , look at ur buddy's paper etc ..but no a lot of other schools didn't take it to the extreme UNCheat did either ...or it defiantly would ha e came out along with them bums

I can't wrap my brain around it any longer.......

1) Dean Smith initiates the false grades / courses scandal 45 years ago.

2) Ole Roy perpetuates the cheating.

3) The NCAA appears to turn a blind eye and might let the Tarcheats get away with murder.

4) Perhaps UNC is paying off the C suite guys at the NCAA. If this is the case, the feds need to be involved.

5) Everyone knows that Corporations ( especially the banks and insurance companies ) have been issued a license to steal. Why are schools like UNC allowed to operate with the same impunity ???

Last edited:
In answer to your question, I would say one: UNC history prof Jay Smith, who wrote "Cheated."

OFC

"Dean Smith initiates the false grades / courses scandal 45 years ago" this just keeps getting more and more impressive. Pretty soon the AFAM department is going to have been created before collegiate sports were even a thing.

Reactions: KellenPatrick
"Dean Smith initiates the false grades / courses scandal 45 years ago" this just keeps getting more and more impressive. Pretty soon the AFAM department is going to have been created before collegiate sports were even a thing.

Coach K's success, notably back to back nattys were THE MOST POWERFUL TRIGGER to AFAM classes IMO....

OFC

Your average , run-of-the-mill , Wal-Mart tarholer could care less. I'm convinced most of 'em don't even know it's still going on. My nephew is a hole. Don't get me wrong. He's a great kid. Graduated from unx. Goes to med school there now. He's NOT typical ( educated , actually attended unx , doesn't live in a double-wide etc ) but even he thought it was over. Granted , he has more on his mind than polluting the message board of unx's top rival but he had no idea it was still going on.

Nice! UNC Players Get 8 Academic Credits For Playing In Championship

Who said UNC’s athletic department doesn’t care about academics? In a concerted effort to get their men’s basketball players closer to reaching their graduation requirements, UNC is rewarding each player 8 academic credits for participating in the National Championship!

“Above all else at the University of North Carolina, we value education,” said head coach Roy Williams in a statement written by his tutor. “Which is why we are redefining what it means to ‘receive an education.’”

https://thekicker.com/nice-unc-play...l&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer

Speaks volumes about your rep when people aren't sure it's satire. Lulz...

Mary...

The new AFAM?

The Carolina Tribe, with fresh painted faces, are pounding their chests, banging their drums and lighting fires on Franklin Street to celebrate another run for the NCAA basketball championship. Fun times. Meanwhile I’m reading about our favorite Business 101 professor who offers a great math replacement class at UNC. Is his class legit? Sure. Has he been on our curricular soft spot list for years? Sure. We ‘used’ Professor Skender whenever we needed a substitute for Math (lots of athletes received exemptions from the regular math requirement), and he could be counted on to pass everybody. Who cares? Clearly not the NCAA, UNC Admin. or the lovers of the game. They continue to ignore what’s right in front of their face – the truth, my friends, is in the transcripts.

http://paperclassinc.com/is-the-business-school-the-new-afam/

Reactions: hart2chesson
Not quite the same "feel-good" story about a "true student athlete" anymore , is it? Props to Luke though for gettin' up early anyway. Lulz...

C8n5rAoWAAQYznl.jpg

C8n5qm9XoAEGtFd.jpg

Be interesting to know where the Zags kids were ranked outta high school. Roy's retention rate on his elites is crazy stupid high. So much so that some unx fans act as if he's limpin' along doin' "more with less." Please. Anyway , not all that unusual for one of Cal's kids ( or K's etc ) to be younger than anyone on unx' roster...

Do you realize the University of Illinois might be this close to a national basketball championship?

The University of North Carolina copped another NCAA title Monday night, but the Illini could be next to win one. That's not because the U. of I. just hired a new coach who promises exciting times ahead—though it did. And it's not because the U. of I. just nailed down a commitment from the nation's most coveted one-and-done recruit. The University of Missouri did that—by the simple expedient of hiring the recruit's dad as an assistant coach.

No, it's not because of anything Illinois's done lately. It's because of what North Carolina allegedly was getting away with for years.

http://www.chicagoreader.com/Bleade...y-to-illini-basketball-in-2005?media=AMP HTML

B. Martin‏ @yibyabby

Longest span without an update since the site was opened: http://carolinacommitment.unc.edu/updates/

A Poisoned Ivy‏ @CheatingBlueRam

You'd think after Crowder's affidavit we would have posted an update indicating SACS & the administration were wrong AND Wainstein is a liar

B. Martin‏ @yibyabby

"Moving forward together" replaced commitment to "tranparency" some time ago.

A Poisoned Ivy‏ @CheatingBlueRam

We have apparently moved forward as far as we can go and no longer need a petition. Deleted (but not forgotten) http://web.archive.org/web/20160206090108/https://moveuncforward.wordpress.com/

C8qQAD-VwAAh2Ae.jpg

https://twitter.com/CheatingBlueRam

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT