ADVERTISEMENT

Scottie Pippen

Willcampbell

Cameron Crazy
Oct 20, 2004
Mr. Pippen has opined that Zion should "shut it down" to avoid injury and prepare for the draft. Scottie is the one who should shut it (mouth) down.
OFC

Yep. And he should be covered in bubble wrap and confined to his room with no sharp objects. His food should be pre-chewed so he avoids choking.

And football players generally shut it down when they aren’t competiting for a championship. If Duke is in the NIT, then I would have no problem if Zion decided to shut it down. Being the player that he is, that wouldn’t happen.

Yeah should they shut it down? Hypothetically sure. Why stop at Zion. Bol Bol should have shut it down. Nas Little ABSOLUTELY should shut it down to preserve whatever stock he hasn’t lost, Langford over at IU should shut it down, Bagley should have shut it down, so should Ayton, etc.

The argument is simple. Let kids go straight to the pros and you can eliminate this hot take city. But you could literally make this argument about 15 kids each season.

Yeah let’s not continue get this kid experience and develop his fundamentals (something sorely lacking in the NBA). Does he think Zion is gonna stop playing altogether? He could just as easily hurt himself in pick up. This is a stupid comment by Scottie. He does know a thing or two about quitting on a team.

^ I enjoying reading your "THR Quotes on Zion" every single time you post. Post more. :p
I mostly just picked out a good quote from the top posters over there. There were some even better comments made by guys who aren't regulars over there.

Reactions: dukiejay
Somewhat similiar is already occurring in College Football. Highly touted players that perform well early in the season, end up injured and face long recovery time before the season is over. They stop attending classes and focus entirely on the upcoming draft.

Some CFB players have been skipping bowl games to not risk injury for at-least a decade.

Somewhat similiar is already occurring in College Football. Highly touted players that perform well early in the season, end up injured and face long recovery time before the season is over. They stop attending classes and focus entirely on the upcoming draft.

Some CFB players have been skipping bowl games to not risk injury for at-least a decade.
Most of the bowl games are meaningless anyway.

Does anyone see Zion being content with sitting on the bench?

Even if K suggested it I really don’t see the young man doing it. He’s to much of a team player to do it to his teammates. He loves the game and going to battle on the court

50451859_10212287472574283_4167134363303018496_n.jpg

I listen to Josh Graham on the drive home in the evenings. He says he doesn't pull for a team but the producer of the show calls him a Duke fan. He has done several interviews with the Duke players and was joking about when he interviews Zion Burkmire is always close by.

I listen to Josh Graham on the drive home in the evenings. He says he doesn't pull for a team but the producer of the show calls him a Duke fan. He has done several interviews with the Duke players and was joking about when he interviews Zion Burkmire is always close by.

His broadcast buddy is a pure unc cheater fan and is a Duke hater and doesn't hide the fact. He would fit right in over at thr.
OFC

The logic behind this is horrible.. with his “thought” process, basically any player that is at their max draft position should stop playing for the season.. RJ is pretty much sealed as #2, he should shut it down.. Cam should have hung it up after the FSU buzzer beater..

The only time this should even be slightly considered, is in a situation like Harry Giles, where there is an injury before the season and causes the player to miss a big chunk of the season..

Last edited:
I wonder if this was really from Pippen or if he was just saying what MJ was thinking/hoping. I'm sure UNC would love for Zion to shut it down.

His broadcast buddy is a pure unc cheater fan and is a Duke hater and doesn't hide the fact. He would fit right in over at thr.
OFC
He told Josh last week that he hated Duke more than any sports team but would go to a Duke game to see Zion. He was saying more Carolina fans are watching Duke because of Zion.

Reactions: skysdad
Maybe Zion actually really enjoys playing the game of basketball. I mean shit, Kevin Durant is known for hitting up 100's of random pickup games at outdoor courts in the off season. You can only play for so long, so just let the kid play a game he is really good at!

Reactions: skysdad
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT