ADVERTISEMENT

Potential matchup with Texas next week

K don't like no Texas beagle.

dvfsZWQ.gif

OFC

Why not talk a little smack? We literally won with five freshman down the stretch and in overtime. If we’re gonna play the “if” game.......if Grayson hadnt fouled out, or if we hit our free throws, we win in regulation. It was just as much a great Duke comeback as it was a Texas meltdown imo.

Why not talk a little smack? We literally won with five freshman down the stretch and in overtime. If we’re gonna play the “if” game.......if Grayson hadnt fouled out, or if we hit our free throws, we win in regulation. It was just as much a great Duke comeback as it was a Texas meltdown imo.

My only point was that we were completely outplayed most of the night. Texas is a team who can’t score....they made it look easy last night.

This team reminds me of 2015 so far- love the grit and determination of the freshman to not back down. Even if we wouldn't have pulled out the W, our intensity and willingness to fight back is impressive for a young team.

But, yeah. We made Texas look incredible and i don't think they are that good. Once we started out rebounding and out scrapping them, we made up some ground.

We are going to lose some games because we can't shoot it from deep. Teams are only keying in on Grasyon / not helping off, and it's more difficult to get him open. When Trevon was running the team last night, team's were going under screens and making him shoot it. When Grayson ran a little point, team's were desperate to stop his pick & pop, and Bagley was open on rolls. My biggest concern is games like that- we shoot it terribly and can't shoot FT's well enough to justify our interior advantages. Hopefully we keep developing and Grayson & Gary get more consistent. I just don't love that both are our only reliable shooters, unless Alex plays more minutes. (He has great shot mechanics, so I think he could be a consistent threat. Great elevation)

I was not directing it towards you at all. Simmer down.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT