ADVERTISEMENT

PLEASE, say a prayer for OldasDirtdevil.

Showenuff

Devils Illustrated Hall of Famer
Nov 21, 2006
I know I don't post here much any more but if you could find it in your heart to keep
OAD in your prayers today, please do so. He has Covid and pneumonia and his last message shook me to the core. He is not well. He is the kindest, nicest most genuine man I have ever known.

I know I don't post here much any more but if you could find it in your heart to keep
OAD in your prayers today, please do so. He has Covid and pneumonia and his last message shook me to the core. He is not well. He is the kindest, nicest most genuine man I have ever known.
So genuinely sorry to hear this!!! Such a TRULY GOOD MAN who has done so much for others!!! Prayers up OAD!!!

OFC

He seems to be getting better. He's posting but this illness has taken a lot of energy from him. When it rains it pours. He has an older brother that is in pretty bad shape and it's seems day to day for him. His name is Edward and dirt has ask for prayers for him. Dirt is so selfless. He really has been through a lot yet he is concerned about others. iolivia I will realate this to dirt from you and others who know and care for him on this board. No doubt he will feel it. Thank you for asking about friend to all. OFC.

Last edited:
I want to thank all of you for the kind words, thoughts and prayers. It makes an old man feel a little better to know how many good friends I have here.

It's been pretty rough. I've been sick for about a month. Covid and pneumonia. I was so acutely sick I wasn't sure I would survive it. My wife also came down sick with covid about 4 or 5 days after I got it, but fortunately she wasn't nearly as sick (but still quite sick).

I would probably be dead if it wasn't for my personal doctor. I messaged her the morning after I went to the ER where I tested positive for covid and x-rays showed pneumonia. The ER sent me home without any treatment, said there wasn't anything they could do. My doctor wasn't amused. She called my house 3 times trying to get me, but I was sick in bed and didn't hear the phone. I finally got up and she called again, and called multiple antiobiotics in (for the pneumonia) which she said was just as likely to be bacterial pneumonia than covid pneumonia (especially since it was in just one lung and covid was more likely to be in both lungs. She also put me on a massive amount of prednisone. Also found a pharmacy (only 1 of a handful) that had an antiviral that I was eligible to take. But, after seeing I had been sick for about 10 days she decided we were better off not taking it since it probably wouldn't help after that long and it had a couple of serious side effects (with my health problems) that she didn't think was worth the risk. Also, on my own I got some ivermectin and used it too. Don't know if it helped or not, but I figured it was worth a shot. Anyway, I improved quite a bit after 2 or 3 days. I was still very sick, but definitely better. My oxygen levels were still low, sometimes in the 80's. Those finally came up into the mid 90's and above in the last 4 or 5 days, BUT that is while I'm resting. If I move around or try to do anything I get out of breath easily and the levels drop back to around 90. And my cough has come back (it was about completely gone). Have muscle aches, pain, fatigue, just don't feel that well.
Right before I came on here to make this post, I messaged my doctor again to see if there was anything else to do or just wait and see what happens.

Okay, sorry this is a Dsouthr type post, but it just took awhile to tell what all has been happening. On the plus side, my wife and I are hanging in there and doing our best. And best of all, my brother (who is in ICU) looks like he might survive when a couple of days ago it was almost a certainty that he was going to die. There are many things to be grateful for, and I'm thankful for all of them. And that includes all the good people on this board. Again, thank you for everything, it means much more than you could ever know.
And to the ones who believe, God bless you.

Regards,
Lee (oldasdirtdevil)

Last edited:
Lee, you are such a fighter!!!! Thank you for writing the post- I know just putting that together took stamina. Dirt, I am so sorry you are going thru this, but sounds like you, your wife and Edward are slowly making progress!!!! Please hang in there, and your massive number of prayer warriors are at work!!! Hopefully we're putting the mother of all a$$ kickings together for you this weekend!!!!

#RoyKnew

OFC

Get well OAD. I caught Covid when I was in the hospital a few months ago after breaking my leg. I know that it's serious. Pray that you will be alright.

Reactions: ConorONeill
I want to thank all of you for the kind words, thoughts and prayers. It makes an old man feel a little better to know how many good friends I have here.

It's been pretty rough. I've been sick for about a month. Covid and pneumonia. I was so acutely sick I wasn't sure I would survive it. My wife also came down sick with covid about 4 or 5 days after I got it, but fortunately she wasn't nearly as sick (but still quite sick).

I would probably be dead if it wasn't for my personal doctor. I messaged her the morning after I went to the ER where I tested positive for covid and x-rays showed pneumonia. The ER sent me home without any treatment, said there wasn't anything they could do. My doctor wasn't amused. She called my house 3 times trying to get me, but I was sick in bed and didn't hear the phone. I finally got up and she called again, and called multiple antiobiotics in (for the pneumonia) which she said was just as likely to be bacterial pneumonia than covid pneumonia (especially since it was in just one lung and covid was more likely to be in both lungs. She also put me on a massive amount of prednisone. Also found a pharmacy (only 1 of a handful) that had an antiviral that I was eligible to take. But, after seeing I had been sick for about 10 days she decided we were better off not taking it since it probably wouldn't help after that long and it had a couple of serious side effects (with my health problems) that she didn't think was worth the risk. Also, on my own I got some ivermectin and used it too. Don't know if it helped or not, but I figured it was worth a shot. Anyway, I improved quite a bit after 2 or 3 days. I was still very sick, but definitely better. My oxygen levels were still low, sometimes in the 80's. Those finally came up into the mid 90's and above in the last 4 or 5 days, BUT that is while I'm resting. If I move around or try to do anything I get out of breath easily and the levels drop back to around 90. And my cough has come back (it was about completely gone). Have muscle aches, pain, fatigue, just don't feel that well.
Right before I came on here to make this post, I messaged my doctor again to see if there was anything else to do or just wait and see what happens.

Okay, sorry this is a Dsouthr type post, but it just took awhile to tell what all has been happening. On the plus side, my wife and I are hanging in there and doing our best. And best of all, my brother (who is in ICU) looks like he might survive when a couple of days ago it was almost a certainty that he was going to die. There are many things to be grateful for, and I'm thankful for all of them. And that includes all the good people on this board. Again, thank you for everything, it means much more than you could ever know.

Regards,
Lee (oldasdirtdevil)
nothing but love for you man. Good man and great duke fan

Regards,
Lee (oldasdirtdevil)
Love you man, good to see you post this! All the best pal

Prayers for OAD!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT