ADVERTISEMENT

Other games

Caleb Love gets a lot of foul calls his way when driving out of control. Bacot is getting hacked on close shots, but not getting calls.

Thank you. There was a decent chance to lose. The 5 points cushion was very nice . The line opened at 6. That really surprised me
What I really wanted was VT hit a buzzer beater. Miami with 3 in conference losses and you still get the cash lol. Oh well... Can't win them all

What I really wanted was VT hit a buzzer beater. Miami with 3 in conference losses and you still get the cash lol. Oh well... Can't win them all
I'm with you. I'm mostly thrilled to win the bet. I also want my Tar Heels' win over Virginia tech to mean something. I'm really surprised that Georgia Tech coach Pastner was not wearing the beekeeper mask, and that Georgia Tech leads Florida State 44-33

Reactions: The_Only_Blue
For those complaining about the FT disparity in the Duke-Clemson game, UNC shot 25 FT tonight compared to 8 for BC. Bacot committed at least ten fouls, and he was probably fouled 13 times.

Reactions: KDSTONE and Liftee
For those complaining about the FT disparity in the Duke-Clemson game, UNC shot 25 FT tonight compared to 8 for BC. Bacot committed at least ten fouls, and he was probably fouled 13 times.

Thank you for pointing this out. The Blue Bloods probably all get the benefit of the doubt, especially at home. Not saying it's right, but it happens consistently.

Reactions: geddoughton23
How is Miami not ranked? They keep pulling out these tight games, and sit atop the ACC. Still pissed we were up with a minute to go and lost to them.

Thank you for pointing this out. The Blue Bloods probably all get the benefit of the doubt, especially at home. Not saying it's right, but it happens consistently.
Thank you. I'm paying more attention to fouls this week because Coach Hubert Davis is playing every starter over 34 minutes. The UNC guards can't stop the drivers, so Bacot and Manek commit a lot of fouls. Fortunately for UNC they let most of them go.

Bacot shot 1 of 10 last night and Manek was 1 of 5 on the inside because BC was bumping them on each shot.

I watched the Duke-Clemson game. Duke should live at the FT line. They're much bigger than Clemson. I still couldn't get a sense of Duke's offensive strategy. Clemson gave a terrific effort. It was an excellent win for Duke.

The Cheats are putting a hurtin on NC State. Although I can't stand them but one thing about them is that once they have you on the ropes they go for the kill. They keep shooting where as we slow it down. Wished we have that killer instinct.

They should check out the Arizona-Arizona St game. 32 all at the half with Arizona holding a 21 to 5 advantage at free throw line.

They should check out the Arizona-Arizona St game. 32 all at the half with Arizona holding a 21 to 5 advantage at free throw line.
Yup. If you actually scrolled through the box scores on a random Saturday it happens all the time, 3-1 or 4-1 ft discrepancy but our rivals act like it just happens at Cameron

I'm hardly one for conspiracy theories, but Clemson shot one free throw. One. Tough to justify that, even if they shot from halfcourt the whole game. If I was the coach I wouldn't be happy either. But I agree it happens, esp. with the blue bloods.

Last edited:
Michigan State beats Michigan. Michigan is 10 and 8, yikes. MSU is 16-4, pretty good year for them. Auburn beats Oklahoma. Kessler had 21, some guy named Goldwire had 19.

Reactions: The_Only_Blue
UK vs KU....UK playing well on both ends, lots of effort and hitting shots. Up 20. KU has a habit of comebacks at Fogg Allen though so this one is still a game. Bilas calling it a hockey game as the refereeing is a bit laissez-faire shall we say

I'm hardly one for conspiracy theories, but Clemson shot one free throw. One. Tough to justify that, even if they shot from halfcourt the whole game. If I was the coach I wouldn't be happy either. But I agree it happens, esp. with the blue bloods.
Did you watch the game? If not, give it a watch and then give your thoughts.

13 fouls on Clemson vs. 10 on Duke. Not much of a difference.

Kentucky smacking Kansas. This Kentucky team may be the most important since the beginning of the season. Tshiebwe is a monster down low.

Reactions: Liftee
The majority of their shots were jumpshots. That is going to happen when you don't drive to the basket all that much. Plus, neither team really fouls a ton either. I don't think it's the big disparity Brad Brownell made it out to be. 13-10 in fouls. Most of Clemson's fouls came when Duke was driving or taking shots in the paint. Which leads to free throws. Yes, we definitely benefit from home cooking. All blue bloods do from home. But this was blown way out of proportion by BB.

Reactions: christophero
Amazing that only 23 fouls were called in the game. It was an intense game. Very physical.

Duke's best offense should be getting fouled. Banchero and Williams are almost always stronger than their defenders. Moore should live at the foul line

If Wisconsin wins (they are beating Minn) they go to 17-3. I forgot about them. Auburn looks awfully good at the moment. Kessler is playing great lately after a slow start to the season. They should get a one seed if they keep playing like this.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dave Vass
Anybody watching this UNC Louisville game? Wow with some of the calls....

Yup I was just was about to say the same thing. Very very questionable calls. Louisville kept pick and roll on Manek but they should have done it against Bacot to try to get him out the game when he had 4 fouls

Exactly Mac. Those two were horrendous. The last one led to a technical foul too, which effectively ended the game. UNC may have still won, but I hate that the refs literally changed the outcome (at least the way it went) with terrible calls.

Reactions: hart2chesson
That was 2 bull shit calls in overtime. Bacot with an acting job then fouling the guy but the ref calling it on the Louisville player. Game changing calls
That was 2 guys fighting for a jump ball.

The dude used 2 hands to push a guy off.

If anything it shouldnt have been called but the guy literally pushed him. And smartly Bacot exaggerated it.

He definitely exaggerated it a bit, but his feet were tangled and he was clearly pushed! When he was off balanced and leaning he sold it..i see why they called it and Bacot did what he was supposed to do..the other one was definitely a bad call and should have been on Bacot! That was stupid of the Louisville coach though, without the T they are only down 4 with the ball! Guess that’s why he’s an interim coach and won’t be there in a month lol They missed a call on R.J. Davis jump shot right before this all happened though! Overall the refs were awful both ways and was a wrestling match for the majority of the game!

If anything it shouldnt have been called but the guy literally pushed him. And smartly Bacot exaggerated it.
You’re partially right. That one was simply a no call. The push was a non factor, and the refs got it wrong after reviewing the push. That was a flop. Plain and simple.
The second called foul was a horrible call the wrong way. Bacot was the one who committed the foul.
Not saying Louisville would have won, but the refs sure made it easier for the holes tonight in ot.

Louisville did a nice job for a college team of isolating Manek off of ball screens. They should have done it on every possession. As the poster above said, they should have done it to Bacot as well.

Louisville should have also hounded Love and Davis in the backcourt. Love was out of gas late in regulation, but they could have completely exhausted him.

I never imagined that Bacot was such a competitor. Another 22 rebounds game. Manek made some incredibly difficult shots when Bacot was out with four fouls

Caleb Love has some deficiencies, but he is an excellent foul shooter. Only 3 of 18 from the field, but 9 of 10 on foul shots

Both teams playing harder and smarter than at any time this season. I'm a Carolina fan, but don't want the game handed to us. Even if the refs had called nothing, the long delay allowed Bacot and Manek to rest. Both teams were enjoying the moment. Bacot has far exceeded my hopes .

Both teams playing harder and smarter than at any time this season. I'm a Carolina fan, but don't want the game handed to us.
The "Card Chronicle" says you were "AWARDED" the game. Louisville athletics dept is investigating the final stretch which included Bacot's acting job,and his clothesline of a Cards player.

Also Bacot's blatant trip from a seated position on the Louisville player is trending this morning on twitter. He's nothing but a thug, and his antics of baiting the refs were even addressed by official Bill Covington during a timeout early in last night's game.

OFC

The "Card Chronicle" says you were "AWARDED" the game. Louisville athletics dept is investigating the final stretch which included Bacot's acting job,and his clothesline of a Cards player.

Also Bacot's blatant trip from a seated position on the Louisville player is trending this morning on twitter. He's nothing but a thug, and his antics of baiting the refs were even addressed by official Bill Covington during a timeout early in last night's game.

OFC
Here's the trip by Bacot

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT