ADVERTISEMENT

Other games

It's a contradiction to say your team isn't in great shape due to the COVID layoff and then play only 6 guys meaningful minutes. No question the guys would have been sharper the last couple minutes if they were a little fresher, especially considering that Roach and Moore were getting beat on defense anyhow. I could have seen sprinkling in Blakes a little more and maybe even Jones for a couple minutes at the same time as Williams was in.

Reactions: geddoughton23
It's a contradiction to say your team isn't in great shape due to the COVID layoff and then play only 6 guys meaningful minutes. No question the guys would have been sharper the last couple minutes if they were a little fresher, especially considering that Roach and Moore were getting beat on defense anyhow. I could have seen sprinkling in Blakes a little more and maybe even Jones for a couple minutes at the same time as Williams was in.
No worries. K is gone after this season.

I’m hearing Theo is still battling lower back issues - that’ll linger all year I bet.
Need to stretch the hamstrings. Go to yoga class. Swim a few laps with flippers. Squats with dumbbells. He's a 5th year player. Doesn't have to practice basketball every day. Does need to be healthy. Doesn't need to score 15.... just play defense, screen and pass

Need to stretch the hamstrings. Go to yoga class. Swim a few laps with flippers. Squats with dumbbells. He's a 5th year player. Doesn't have to practice basketball every day. Does need to be healthy. Doesn't need to score 15.... just play defense, screen and pass
Depending on injury, it may not be that simple though. Annular tear and/or herniation would be a nightmare....

That was my one worry with Theo. Great tough kid but has really been limited with injuries the last 2 years.

Down goes Miami.

FSU was 6.5 pt favorites. I will never understand Vegas….

No fans at the UCLA game. There is no question in my mind that that eliminates the home court advantage.

No fans at the UCLA game. There is no question in my mind that that eliminates the home court advantage.
Unless Pauley Pavilion has dead spots on the floor like the old Boston Garden or keep the thermostat set on 80 like Duke has been accused of

UCLA has their center Reily back and the freshman Watson is starting to contribute. They will probably be a dangerous 2 or 3 seed.

I don't want to start another thread about Bill Walton, but in the 20 minutes I watched the game, he was quite entertaining. My wife's comment was "he does know his basketball, if you can hear it between everything else he talks about." He was going on about the huge burrito he ate to prepare for the game as opposed to studying up on the teams.

Reactions: GAAP
Let me know when there's 5 minutes left. I won't watch until then. I'll follow it here.

Bacot played well. He was the only one. 15 points, 12 rebounds in 27 minutes despite double teams. He played the first ten minutes with a huge bandage on his thumb, and was not effective. Played great after that. He took a terrible fall late when there was no need to be in the game. Fell very hard on his tailbone and elbow
How is ACC player of the year Bacot doing?

My fellow UNC fans frustrate me as much as the team. After losses, they blame a lack of effort. That's probably some of it. Mostly, it's that the players are slow as molasses and can't hinder at all the drives of quick Miami players

Bacot played well. He was the only one. 15 points, 12 rebounds in 27 minutes despite double teams. He played the first ten minutes with a huge bandage on his thumb, and was not effective. Played great after that. He took a terrible fall late when there was no need to be in the game. Fell very hard on his tailbone and elbow
Bacot should probably sit out the rest of the year and get ready for draft

My fellow UNC fans frustrate me as much as the team. After losses, they blame a lack of effort. That's probably some of it. Mostly, it's that the players are slow as molasses and can't hinder at all the drives of quick Miami players
Not many can keep Moore in front of them

UNC quasi reporter, Quierra Luck, announced today that Harris flunked last semester.

UNC basketball site says that May is out due to Covid. That's possible, but doesn't seem too likely to me since the university announced when players were out due to covid, but said nothing about May.

I'll say a prayer for Coach May. He's probably 150 pounds overweight. He will not live a long life unless he makes some dramatic changes.

Both the coach and player being out at the same time made me think that something awful happened.

I hope that Harris studies hard. He seems like a very nice person. He was a favorite of Coach Williams. Harris took an official visit to Duke, but didn't receive a scholarship offer. That's very odd.

Perhaps it's been mentioned here. I don't know. Florida State has now won its last 13 overtime games

Rasheed Wallace is no longer an assistant coach at Memphis. He'll serve as a "consultant " from his home in North Carolina for the rest of the year, and not return next year

I heard Emoni Bates is too young for the draft so he has to come back next year. I suppose he could go overseas.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT