ADVERTISEMENT

Other games

I guess time will tell he l if he doesn't get fired but can Penny coach? I know he was big in the AAU circuit but all they do is run and gun.

Reactions: christophero
Damn Memphis is 9 and 8. Suddenly 14-3 isn't so bad. I still think Bates will be good in a year or two.

UCLA down one to Utah at the half. UCLA wins by 5.

Last edited:
...getting interesting now....6 point game with 5 mins to go...nice comeback

UNC quasi reporter, Quierra Luck, announced today that Harris flunked last semester.

UNC basketball site says that May is out due to Covid. That's possible, but doesn't seem too likely to me since the university announced when players were out due to covid, but said nothing about May.

I'll say a prayer for Coach May. He's probably 150 pounds overweight. He will not live a long life unless he makes some dramatic changes.

Both the coach and player being out at the same time made me think that something awful happened.

I hope that Harris studies hard. He seems like a very nice person. He was a favorite of Coach Williams. Harris took an official visit to Duke, but didn't receive a scholarship offer. That's very odd.
How do you flunk a fake class?

Reactions: hart2chesson
I am wracking my brain to figure out how the Heels will right the ship just in time for the Duke game. But it will happen. Always does.

Reactions: hart2chesson
I am wracking my brain to figure out how the Heels will right the ship just in time for the Duke game. But it will happen. Always does.
If you or other Duke fans can explain why every Tar Heels game has a 20 point margin, I would be interested. Even if UNC plays better, I suspect they will struggle in close games because they've only played one, a 5 points loss at Notre Dame

If you or other Duke fans can explain why every Tar Heels game has a 20 point margin, I would be interested. Even if UNC plays better, I suspect they will struggle in close games because they've only played one, a 5 points loss at Notre Dame
I haven't watched many of their games but from the ones I've seen it seems like they live and die by the 3 ball. That's the way it seems like it is in the NBA now where teams are shooting 40 3's a game and when they're going down they win, if not they get blown out. Also, they beat up on the bad teams....I suspect this week against VT, they'll win by 15-20

I haven't watched many of their games but from the ones I've seen it seems like they live and die by the 3 ball. That's the way it seems like it is in the NBA now where teams are shooting 40 3's a game and when they're going down they win, if not they get blown out. Also, they beat up on the bad teams....I suspect this week against VT, they'll win by 15-20
Good analysis. I am beyond perplexed that Virginia Tech continues to rank in the top 40 in the computer rankings. They're 10-8 after losing to BC yesterday

UNC has been shockingly consistent in shooting the 3. this year. They average 8 of 21 per game, and it doesn't vary too much. Their opponents average 8 of 24, but their opponents succeess changes a lot from game to game

Kentucky played great defense and shut down UNC, 1 of 13. The only other bad nights for UNC from 3 were this week, 6 of 30 against Miami and 6 of 28 against Wake. I knew Miami would give them trouble, but Wake's perimeter defense surprised me

Reactions: The_Only_Blue
Bacot has turned his effort up to 10. He made his first 6 shots in the first five minutes. Coach Mike Young doubled him the rest of the way. Made only 1 of his final 13 shots, but grabbed 19 rebounds. Both teams gave maximum effort. UNC wins at home 78-68

I see that Arizona and UCLA play tonight. I don't follow the game like I used to. I knew that Arizona was having a great year, but 16-1 surprised me. The game is late, but maybe I'll watch the first half. If christophero, or another west coast fan has analysis, I would be interested.

Was first year Arizona coach, Tommy Lloyd, the brain behind Gonzaga's success?

I haven't seen Arizona play but have heard they look good. I think we will know more after tonight. If they can beat UCLA they are for real. The Pac 12 seems a bit down this year compared to last year.

Reactions: geddoughton23
Arizona is the best TEAM I’ve seen this season. 6-8 guys that can score in double figures on any given night, outstanding ball movement, great rebounding, great shooting, top level athletes. Mostly made up of international players which makes sense given their style of play and how well they move the ball.

Kessler is playing well. They rarely throw the ball to him. He had 7 dunks yesterday, probably 4 via rebounds
Heard when he learned of Kessler's departure that was the defining moment in Roy's retirement. He felt with Bacot and Kessler he was a shoo-in to get back to Final Four. OFC

Watched AZ/UCLA for a half....very fast paced and no worries about the shot clock. Both teams are very athletic and have decent guards who drive and shoot the 3 well. UCLA was at home so fed off that + Tubelis for AZ was hampered by a bad ankle so that limited his play on both ends. Both teams looked better balanced than us.

Well my comment above didn’t age well…

They didnt play badly and were hampered a bit with some injuries. The international make up of the team is really interesting...they played more mature than just a bunch of players with a few games under their belt. They will be a tough out in March

Reactions: jnastasi
They didnt play badly and were hampered a bit with some injuries. The international make up of the team is really interesting...they played more mature than just a bunch of players with a few games under their belt. They will be a tough out in March
Agreed. UCLA played great too. Both those teams will be players come March.

UCLA has their starting center Riley back. He missed the Gonzaga game. Also the freshman wing is starting to play better. If Juzang is hot they are tough to beat, but if he is cold they are beatable.

Can anyone care to explain why Miami is a 5 point underdog on the road against VT? Miami hasn't lost to anyone in a long time other than to FSU. I know VT is a had place to play but 5 points?

Can anyone care to explain why Miami is a 5 point underdog on the road against VT? Miami hasn't lost to anyone in a long time other than to FSU. I know VT is a had place to play but 5 points?
You gonna bet the farm?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT