ADVERTISEMENT

OT...Snow Cream

[QUOTE="Dattier, post: 11233411, member: 388"

I was surprised how quickly it got away from estimations here, too, hart. School was called off for Wed before the kids got off the bus Tuesday, which seemed like we were ahead of everything, but the roads are still pretty well covered right now.[/QUOTE]

Worst here in a while datt for triad region....Banks closed at least til noon today, no garbage pickup, and schools assuredly out til Monday.... OFC

A lot of people laugh at us, but how silly would it be to invest in a bunch of snow equipment? I remember being amazed that my friends in the North didn't have A/C in their cars or houses. They'd suffer through a few short heat waves, but the rest of the time, it was just superfluous, like chinaware.

No AC? That's tough. I grew up with no AC in our house... just a big attic fan. But the house is 250+ years old, so you can see why. Got central air now, and it is lovely:)

Awww, in sorry, I had you on ignore. I did remove it here though, as I see you're stalking me yet again.

Scary to think you took the time to type that, yet wreck your stance by including the word "sometimes". Beautiful yet painful, all in one word.

PS - cite all of the stats you like; bragging about NJ doesn't get one very far.

My post presses against Dude's safe space. You're post wasn't far off my friend, but taking the high road here is a good move regardless!

Uhm, I'm not sure I can be stalking you, as I do not remember us ever having an interaction. Now, I'm pretty bad about remembering people, especially people without avatars... but did we have some bad encounters? You seem very charged up. I'm sorry... but I generally know the people I've gotten into it with (Letsgo, SNU, a few others) but I have zero memory of us ever going back and forth. Seriously, where does this come from? What conflict did we have?

Not sure I'd continue with your anger and attempted scorn and shots and attacking certain states and regions and pressing things against my "safe spaces"; it's not a great look. #metoo

Oh, and I might suggest a typing class, or even doing an online typing program... if you were so impressed by how long it took me to type a meager five sentences, it might be helpful to learn to type... that post took me all of ten seconds to write, so it might help you if you practice a bit. With a bit of time and effort, anything is possible!

Last edited:
Uhh... I wasn't lecturing. A lecture would be far longer and more detailed. I was sharing an interesting, relevant, and rather quick fact that I didn't know for years, and I bet many people don't know. Don't get so defensive over something so innocuous... sometimes learning new things is a good thing.

As for NJ, while it has a terrible reputation among people not from this area (thanks a lot, Jersey Shore and the opening credits for the Sopranos!) and of course for the fact that the main airport is right next to one of the busiest ports on the continent, and it makes an easy target (even I enjoy making fun of it!)... it is actually a rather nice place to live! #2 in education, #4 in average median income, #8 in health care, #4 in crime and corrections, #2 in public health, and ranked #5 best state to live in... lots of beautiful suburbs (four of the 20 richest counties in the nation are here in NJ, and six of the 100 richest towns are actually in my county), lots of farmland, famous beaches, easy access to possibly the greatest city in the world... hey, I actually live in the safest small town in America, right here in New Jersey!

Where you from, Mac?
Too danged cold for a southern boy.We only get this type of weather once every four or five years

Reactions: hart2chesson
Too danged cold for a southern boy.We only get this type of weather once every four or five years

Ugh, we went through a few weeks where it hovered around 0... jesus, it was so bad. And having two small kids cooped up inside just made it that much worse. Can't tell you how many pillow forts we had to make:)

I read something early this morning that said today is the first day since 2010 that all 50 states have at least 'some' snow cover.

We're having a tropical heat wave right now in Minnesota. Today is supposed to be mid-30s with mid-40s expected over the weekend. The little bit of snow we have had so far this winter will pretty much be melted when the next wave moves in Sunday evening/Monday morning. I'm heading back to Florida early next week to play some more golf....was supposed to leave on Sunday but changed my flight after the Vikings won Sunday.

I read something early this morning that said today is the first day since 2010 that all 50 states have at least 'some' snow cover.

We're having a tropical heat wave right now in Minnesota. Today is supposed to be mid-30s with mid-40s expected over the weekend. The little bit of snow we have had so far this winter will pretty much be melted when the next wave moves in Sunday evening/Monday morning. I'm heading back to Florida early next week to play some more golf....was supposed to leave on Sunday but changed my flight after the Vikings won Sunday.

Positively Sarahan!:)

When it's weally comin down and yur swipin and swidin all aroud you better go a head and get beer and cigarettes cause it's weally comin down out there. Could this be guru gary - 7 giving his expert advice about the weather. Makes about as much sense as his take on college basketball. :) OFC

Last edited:

When it's weally comin down and yur swipin and swidin all aroud you better go a head and get beer and cigarettes cause it's weally comin down out there. Could this be guru gary - 7 giving his expert advice about the weather. Makes about as much sense as his take on college basketbakk. :) OFC
You've found Gary's brother, the metewologist.

I have no AC. My house was built in 1893 so adding in central air is a little too much for me right now. We usually get 2 or 3 weeks in the mid/upper 90s here per year. I use a box fan in the window and my ceiling fan. If it gets too bad, then I put in a window unit for my bedroom.

Fortunately, a lot of the old houses around here have 10/12'+ ceilings. Combine that with a good set of blinds and a ceiling fan, and its not too bad.

Also, I don't like to use the window units too much. I can get too used to them and it makes it feel even worse when I go outside, haha.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT