ADVERTISEMENT

Duke vs Arizona - No win, no Gameball

Personally I don’t think this Arizona team is a final 4 type team. They were more talented last year, and they lost in the first round to Princeton. I think it was a bad matchup for us, and we better get in the weight room or pray we have a lucky March schedule of a bunch of “space the floor” type teams.
I suspect most people thought SD State, FAU and Miami didn’t look like Final Four teams last year.

I suspect most people thought SD State, FAU and Miami didn’t look like Final Four teams last year.
Did you compare Arizona, a historical bball powerhouse, to those 3? Or are we saying that any team, not on the 1 or 2 line who makes the FF, falls into this category?

Geno Auriemma said this after his team's recent loss - "I think getting rebounds is just an attitude, and we've got a [expletive] attitude toward rebounding, because it's hard work," Auriemma said. "It's hard work, and everybody's got to be engaged in it."

I hope Jon is telling our guys something similar.
Jon talked about Duke employing "gang rebounding" in his UA radio pregame. It certainly didn't work out, but Jon's words were philosophically strikingly similar to Geno per rebounding: Emphasis on "attitude!!"

I think our guards and Mitchell can all hit the boards harder. Let's hope tomorrow nite is a start!!

OFC

It will be interesting to see how tomorrow plays out. We are more experienced than last year, but think back two years. We had Mark, Banchero, AJ, Keels, Theo and Moore. Those were grown men. We do have more experience this year but guys like Roach, Proctor, and the 2 freshman guards are all skinny. We have too much talent and it's a long year. I would like to see Blakes get in more and some more Stewart minutes up front.(If there is a game Blakes is made for it's this one) Obviously we will win a lot of games this year, but I am hoping for a return trip to the final four. Mark could be the wildcard if he gets healthy and explodes. Stewart as well, and obviously the freshman guards will improve. Win tomorrow and we are back on track.

Last edited:
Reeves’ reaction time or ability to anticipate seems delayed to me. For instance, as a defender trying to block a shot in a non help situation (one on one) it seems like he will jump after the ball is already in flight and past him. I hope its just a matter of him adjusting to the speed of the game, but I have concerns about him being exposed with the more minutes he gets. And I don’t mean that to say don’t play him. We have to find out if he can be what we need. I mean that to say I wouldn’t be surprised if he proves himself not to be playable for an extended period of time.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mac9192
Reeves’ reaction time or ability to anticipate seems delayed to me. For instance, as a defender trying to block a shot in a non help situation (one on one) it seems like he will jump after the ball is already in flight and past him. I hope its just a matter of him adjusting to the speed of the game, but I have concerns about him being exposed with the more minutes he gets. And I don’t mean that to say don’t play him. We have to find out if he can be what we need. I mean that to say I wouldn’t be surprised if he proves himself not to be playable for an extended period of time.
It’s tough because 1 of the 2 calls against him versus Arizona was a terrible call, but such is life/the game….

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT