ADVERTISEMENT

GAMEBALL: Duke Vs. Wake II - The Revenge

Who gets the Gameball

• Kyle "Flip" Filipowski - 16 pts - 11 reb - 1 ast (6TO's)

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Jeremy "Don't hate on Me" Roach - 21 pts - 2 Reb - 2 ast - 1 stl

Votes: 14 73.7%
  • Tyrese "The Doctor" Proctor - 17 Pts - 5 reb - 2 ast - 1 stl (4 To's) - (4 Fls)

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Dereck "Lively" Lively II - 7 pts - 6 reb - 3 ast - 4 blk (4 fls)

Votes: 1 5.3%

• Total voters

BluePhil

Cameron Crazy
Jan 28, 2008
Well, Duke managed to hold on to the game. We really should have won by double digits.
Dereck Lively II getting into foul trouble really gave Wake their best chance.
I saw several complaints in the game thread about Dereck being on the bench. I do not think they realized that he was sitting with 4 fouls. Sure he could have gotten in, but I think Scheyer was saving him for emergency purposes. Plus Young was giving us some smart minutes.

His absence really showed on the glass in the second half as our dominance in rebounding really suffered.

After having an absolute beast of a first half, Roach almost disappeared in the second.
I like to watch the stats in five minute increments. Last game we had good balance in every five minute segment. This game we slipped into some scoring droughts. For about 30 minutes of the 40 we did look good. Nice even scoring, good ball movement, etc.

Reactions: christophero
Gotta go with Roach. As much as we always talk about the other guys, as Roach goes, the team goes. Flip was a stat stuffer despite some turnovers, and Proctor continues to improve. Lively continued his good play despite foul trouble. If we get this Roach Saturday we have a great shot at a W.

Went with Roach. When he plays well, the team plays well. Need him big vs the cheats

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT