ADVERTISEMENT

Onto the S16- Podcast Episode

Mannn I don’t like the layoff…our defense isn’t good enough to over come any.. rustiness.

Not sure. They went from second round exit to final four in one game. They need to stay hungry, value the ball and shoot well to advance.

Enjoyed the podcast Timo. I felt good going into the JMU and predicted a 15 point win. I felt like our players felt they had something to prove. I think the guys on your podcast are way too over confident after our last game. I just hope the players aren’t. This game with Houston has me concerned, but I think we win by 6 or 7. Houston plays much better competition than JMU on a regular basis. I think it’s going to come down to how well we start the game. If we jump on them quickly or keep it within about 5 points at halftime, I like our chances.

Enjoyed the podcast Timo. I felt good going into the JMU and predicted a 15 point win. I felt like our players felt they had something to prove. I think the guys on your podcast are way too over confident after our last game. I just hope the players aren’t. This game with Houston has me concerned, but I think we win by 6 or 7. Houston plays much better competition than JMU on a regular basis. I think it’s going to come down to how well we start the game. If we jump on them quickly or keep it within about 5 points at halftime, I like our chances.
Yep I think the start is always key for this team. As long as our effort is there we can win this game. I’m confident but not trying to be cocky about it- Houston is good. There’s a reason they were essentially top 4 all season. If we limit turnovers and continue to play with the same effort we can win.

I haven't listened to the podcast yet but my concern is another Tenn. type game where we are bullied and the refs look the other way because "they want to let the players decide the game".

Reactions: Devilinside
Yes, I hope the game is called exactly how it was against A&M. If we get to the line that often, that helps our chances big time.

Just hope the crook Lee Cassel isn't on the call!

Reactions: Devilinside
I agree that if we shoot anywhere close to the free throws that A&M shot, that ups our chances to win. But that requires our guys to be as aggressive as A&M was, and we haven't shown that level of aggression before.

Also, Houston is an aggressive team, so our core guys staying out of foul trouble is as critical as the amount of free throws we take.

Last edited:
Reactions: Liftee
Fun episode guys, thanks. Some good laughs too! Definitely do not want to see Foulipowski this weekend! I do think we match up pretty well with Houston, but they are not JMU. They've been ranked in the top 5 all year. I agree with all that was said as critical for a Duke win. Come out early and set the tone. If we shoot like we did on Sunday, we can stifle them early. If shots are not falling, it will be a dog fight. I am looking for a big game on both ends from Mitchell. I wish I shared some of your overwhelming confidence, but I do think Duke comes out strong, Houston fights hard and hangs around, but in the end we hit our FT's down the stretch and win by 10.

Reactions: timo0402
Aggies went to the basket like a raging bull and got to the line often.

We are more calculated on our drives so no we will not shoot near 45 FT.

But if we play defense like we did vs jmu and shoot about the same we will win.

I have faith in the boys in blue.

Reactions: timo0402
We have to attack and not settle for long jumpers all game, even when we are hitting. Get them in foul trouble. Get some easy points from the line.

On a side note, the over and under is 133.5?!! That’s easy taking ^😈

We have to attack and not settle for long jumpers all game, even when we are hitting. Get them in foul trouble. Get some easy points from the line.
The points at the line are not so easy for some players.

I think winning by 10 is our best shot as I don't trust this team in a close game. We need to shoot well. Houston is going to try to make it an ugly game. I feel like we have a good chance at advancing if our guards play well. We need positive minutes from Young and Stewart.

Reactions: AlanInNJ
I agree, as long as they are controlled attacks and kick outs or lobs where available. Roach has gotten into bad habit of going to the rim 1 vs 3. I do think he has a big game for us. It's unlikely McCain goes off for 8 threes, but if he makes a few, we are in good shape.
Agree totally about Roach. I think he misses some opportunities for assists. All of our guys ( I'm really looking at you Mitchell) have to be strong with the ball.

Good stuff, Timo. I want to say that the National Media/Talking Sports Heads are giving Duke virtually no chance tomorrow night. I mean, after this past weekend, we deserve some respect. I hope the fellas use this as bulletin board material. Oddly enough, Greenberg is the only one I have seen talking us up as a potential spoiler for Houston's run.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT