ADVERTISEMENT

Official Gameday thread- Duke Vs Pitt

Lively changed the game…he played a five minute stretch roughly of pretty amazing basketball. His best of the season and it was game changing….I don’t think anyone saw it coming. Good for him! I’m sure it feels amazing!

Reactions: The_Only_Blue
Lively changed the game…he played a five minute stretch roughly of pretty amazing basketball. His best of the season and it was game changing….I don’t think anyone saw it coming. Good for him! I’m sure it feels amazing!
The difference he is athletic enough to switch and that slowed down Pitt

Reactions: K-oach Q
Somewhere out there, @christophero is nodding his head in agreement.
I have no doubt .
It was a good second half where Duke went inside and attacked the basket . It’s what they should have been doing .
I’m glad lively played well but I’ll hold off a couple games to see if he continues to improve. Clemson will be a good test for him so on to the next .

Coaching in club (swimming anything from say 6 yes old to 18) and differences in your responsibilities in development as opposed to College coaches.

Also the differences between competing in High School and college and how it changes the coaching paradigm.

Also about owning your own facilities and business and how it’s scary but worth it as opposed to having to answer to a board of directors (parents) that are ever changing and so to do their motives…better to control your own destiny.
No offense, but I’ll wait until the movie comes out.

How long do we think Roach is out?

If his toe didn’t get better in December with all the time off how is it going to heal now? That’s my question…..

How long do we think Roach is out?

If his toe didn’t get better in December with all the time off how is it going to heal now? That’s my question…..
Word was he re- aggravated it against FSU so I’d say atleast until after Clemson then Duke has a week off .

It's almost like Scheyer can coach and there's a reason Nina King and Duke picked him.
You know we just got blown out by a poor NC State team, barely hung on against BC and had to comeback from double digits at home against Pitt?

These are not UVA and UNC….these are really bad teams….

It’s a little crazy how one good half has erased the memories of how bad Duke has looked recently. I know you guys hate negative comments, but that’s what Duke deserved these past few weeks. If you don’t like it that’s on you but they were warranted. We had 10 turnovers in the first half, yeah we won but that CANNOT happen if we want to continue to be a winning program

Credit where credit is due. We came out a different team in the second half.

Credit to Scheyer for making some adjustments that were much needed.

Credit to the team for fighting their way out of a hole.

Credit to the Cameron Crazies for being a great 6th man. They never got put out of the game and looked for something to cheer about.

It’s a little crazy how one good half has erased the memories of how bad Duke has looked recently. I know you guys hate negative comments, but that’s what Duke deserved these past few weeks. If you don’t like it that’s on you but they were warranted. We had 10 turnovers in the first half, yeah we won but that CANNOT happen if we want to continue to be a winning program
I'll give credit where credit is due. There was a lot of fight and much needed adjustments in the second half.

That does not change my opinion that a lot still needs to be done. I have not been one to say throw Scheyer out with the bathwater, but I still don't think Duke is the program where you learn to be the head coach. But Scheyer is our coach for now and I hope he succeeds.

Wait so if we beat a team that ends up beating Purdue are we better than Purdue then? Just asking how that works?
I think it was more about Pitt is better than the poster he was responding to implied.

I'm nauseated by all the bullshit posts about coaching from people who couldn't sniff a bench in division one. It gets really old. Castigating the play or coaching is acceptable to a point. Sounding off on some of the shit I've seen on here traverses the line beyond that. A handful are only pleased being cynical. Again, it gets tiresome after a while.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT