ADVERTISEMENT

Official Gameday thread- duke vs nc state

Many of our guys(freshmen) struggle playing in a structured system with high expectations.

So Schutt and Reeves are in does that mean Scheyer threw in the towel?

Reactions: KDSTONE
I thought we might lose this game, but I never thought we would get steamrolled like this. If we lose Sat. and drop to 11-5 you can stick a fork in us.

Reactions: AlanInNJ
I thought we might lose this game, but I never thought we would get steamrolled like this. If we lose Sat. and drop to 11-5 you can stick a fork in us.
I don't believe that. Roach is the standard. If he's healthy, we good.

We're getting schooled tonight. This team just isn't gelling. We look poorly coached and just plain sloppy. Ugly loss.

I don’t know Chris. Wake was an 11 point loss. This one’s a throttling.

Our guards have all disappeared. 15% shooting. 8 turnovers. If that doesn’t turn around I think we are in for a long ACC season.

Where is the Flip of our first 8 games??

Ryan perfect from the floor again. Why not feed him?

Next.

Duke has dropped to 4 and a half point favorite tonight.

Hate to say it, and hope I am wrong: State not only beats the spread, they beat us as our generally poor play in Raleigh continues.

OFC
Hart called it. Horrendous performance. We got schooled, outballed, outhustled…you name it. First real big test for Jon and how he handles it. I’d start by buying lots of coupons for McDonalds milkshakes for Proctor and Lively - it sure seemed apparent they physically aren’t ready for Big Boy Ball.

One of the more difficult Duke teams to watch. It’s not very fun/enjoyable. Even in the wins, it looked sloppy. Obviously, there was an injury and I hate to be negative on an individual player, but this has got to be the weakest #1 recruit I’ve ever seen…

Reactions: KDSTONE
I don’t know Chris. Wake was an 11 point loss. This one’s a throttling.

Our guards have all disappeared. 15% shooting. 8 turnovers. If that doesn’t turn around I think we are in for a long ACC season.

Where is the Flip of our first 8 games??

Ryan perfect from the floor again. Why not feed him?

Next.
IMO , he should start over Lively. Let Blakes continue to start over Grandison. Put Whitehead in starting . It’s time to send messages before it’s to late .

Roach was 0-8 from the floor. With 1 assist. What is he shooting this year? Other than a few hot games he must be shooting 20 percent. He is our leader. If he is hurt he should sit out, because he is hurting us right now.
He should sit reguardless . How many assist does he average a game as a pg ? How many times do we see players force bad shots ?

Reactions: pisgah101
Then you sit him. I’m sorry if he can not perform, you sit him and atleast you take a loss with out your leader. Him on the court not scoring or assisting or rebounding isn’t doing anyone a favor especially when you get floored.
I agree. Just pointing out they’re trying to push through with him. Obviously not gonna work!

Reactions: sheyduke
This is actually pretty simple, but also painful as a fan to admit. We aren’t talented enough to not move the ball any better than we do. But the biggest issue is our guard play, or lack of. Combined with a young and inexperienced coach, that’s a recipe for bad results.
In defense of Jon though, K didn’t win without good guard play either.

The only player getting the most out of their ability is Young.

I hate to keep harping on this, but we really needed Keels back. Him leaving was the tipping point. Proctor is not a good replacement. He may be in a few years, but he's so young. That plus an injured Roach, and our backcourt is not what it should be.

I hate to keep harping on this, but we really needed Keels back. Him leaving was the tipping point. Proctor is not a good replacement. He may be in a few years, but he's so young. That plus an injured Roach, and our backcourt is not what it should be.
I absolutely agree and said the same Chris. Keels leaving really hurt us, we would’ve been a completely different team with him.

Reactions: christophero
Nooo come on hart!
Pisgah, I just had a feeling. The way we played at Wake just made me think, we're seriously challenged to win even one ACC road game this year.

The State game just locked in my thoughts about Jon's lack of prep for ACC road games. Not impressed with Scheyer at this point.Do we even practice? OFC

Roach can be a good player; we've seen it. But he doesn't seem to recognize when he's off and just keeps shooting.
He had a couple of awful possessions in the paint, one trying to force a shot over Burns. Not getting much lift anymore. Bad shots regardless though He’s trying to lead and knows how much the team needs him. Between a rock and a hard place right now though

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT